The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. brit

brit in a box

awesome..

2. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

You’re right, I keep ordering and discovering new scents, and find myself pleased almost every single time. The three scents in your photo are exceptional. A most recent surprise was Vanilla Sandalwood. I risked a full tub of soap, now the AS is on the list for my next order.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  3. brit

brit in a box

the vanilla sandalwood is nice..great base for some edt's..

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Some further thought.....I bet the product I was looking for recently and nominated last month might have been up just for Black Friday, then taken down.

5. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

I've been having fun with the new bowl I got from Stirling. I changed the water/product ratio (more product and less water than at first) and hand have been working it a little more and am now getting the denser lather that I prefer. Will still be primarily a face latherer but have been having fun with the bowl and I really like the design of the bowl. Another great product from Stirling.

6. Paul Turner

I take it that by "having fun with it" you've been popping it all over the map :).

7. Frijolero

Frijolero Well-Known Member

Well, well. NB19 has been over for, what, three hours now? Just ordered me a Sandpiper and a Tsuka soap & splash.

Happy new year, all!

8. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

WELL done sir, and Happy New Year!

9. john zeiger

Happy New Year to all. Frijolero great job! I hope you really enjoy both Sandpiper and Tsuka. Since 2019 was supposed to be NB for me and I broke it, I've decided to make 2020 a Limited Buy (LB20) for me. Of course Limited Buy is a subjective term...

ezlovan, timabababaluka, brit and 6 others like this.
  10. john zeiger

No just just experimenting and enjoying making lots of good lather in it.

ezlovan, timabababaluka, brit and 5 others like this.
  11. Paul Turner

ehh LADIES and uh GENTLEMEN: To quote part of the lyrics from Bugs Bunny-"On with the show, this is IT!". That's right, we're here at the Booneville Auditorium, a structure which is located just next to StoylinSoaps. And we SHOULD be here because, in fact, we present you with the 2020 Stoylin Tony Awards "Best In Show" event, to see who walks off as the winner, and we also honor the runner-up. First a big thank you goes out to the telephone volunteers at the Will-Call window, working the two lines(1-800-STO-YLIN and 1-800 EZL-OVAN). And also to the ticket sellers inside the Auditorum, for handling the excitement shown by the audience. We had 5 Nomination Days this year, one up from last year.

Now on to the results. We had to make a couple last minute switches, as we learned that one of the nominated brushes is gone. Let's review the winners over the year:

#1-Agar (both A.S. and S.S.)
    #2-Synthetic 2-Band BRUSH(24 X 56)
    -A.S. Xecutive Man.

#3. S.S.-Naked&Smooth
    Brush-Synthetix (24 x 51)

#4. A.S.-Gentleman
    Brush-Kong(26 x 63)*
    #5. A.S. Lime Glacial(w/added menthol)
    Body Wash-Baker Street

And now, to paraphrase Ed Sullivan: HERE THEY ARE.............YOUR BEST IN SHOW AND RUNNER UP FOR 2020.

Runner-up, #5...A.S. Lime Glacial(w/added Menthol)
    Body Wash-Baker St.
    Best-In-Show#4-A.S. Gentleman
    Brush-Black&White 2-band 24 x 56

And with that, let's enjoy another year of having Stoylin products, and another year for the Stoylin Tony Awards Nominatins!

(2021 schedule to be announced later).

*The Kong was my original choice, but it's gone, thus I had scramble for a backup.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  12. Paul Turner

Ahh, I knew that-was just kidding with the popping, but I bet YOU knew THAT. Happy New Year, John.

ezlovan, timabababaluka, brit and 4 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

John, we'll be monitoring your success with this LB thing.

14. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

How’s this for a start to the decade![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. john zeiger

Paul, I'll keep you and the thread well informed:)

ezlovan, brit, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Is the Unscented Glacial a Bodywash?

ezlovan, timabababaluka, brit and 3 others like this.
  17. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

I don’t think so.

18. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

SOTD January 1, 2020

Prep: Cold water and PAA Cube pre-shave soap
    Blade: vintage Gillette Platinum
    Razor: PAL Injectomatic
    Brush: Ever Ready 100T badger
    Soap: Stirling Blu

Happy New Year! I enjoy the scent of Blu. Bill @Edison Carter said some of his colleagues likened the scent to a French brothel. :signs002: Not sure about that, but I am sure that it's a nice scent and the performance is excellent as expected. Enjoy your day!

SOTD 1-1-20.jpg

ezlovan, Gnomeo0228, jluc and 7 others like this.
  19. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

A) Congrats on NB19!
    B) Sandpiper is fantastic. I just pulled it out of the cabinet for today's shave :)

20. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Looks like the same balm I purchased a year or so back--wonderful stuff that lasts forever.