The Haul: January 2020

Discussion in 'Show and tell' started by RaZorBurn123, Dec 31, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

Welcome to the haul, please share all new shaving related acquisitions here, oh heck, please share interesting family friendly new finds as well.
    We LOVE pictures! Lots and lots of pictures.
    Thank you for making TSD the best dang shaving forum on the internet.
    Kerry:shaver

Paul76, PanChango, gorgo2 and 5 others like this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Happy New Year, Kerry. The first "haul" for me for the new year will be the arrival of the Stoylin Tony Awards Best-In-Show, and Runner-up..I'll make the purchase sometime.. in January.

RaZorBurn123, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  3. RaZorBurn123

Hi Paul!! Happy New year! :bounce017:

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  4. RaZorBurn123

My Nokia cellphone had a good size white blotch towards the bottom of the screen, it wasnt a huge issue but enough to bother me. I'm still using that phone with a Sim card with very limited data but unlimited call/text.
    Having had Apple products and like iOS I checked out an iPhone, I'm unwilling to pay a Kings r
    Ransom for a new phone. I liked having the Nokia with Android One, I shopped for another Android One phone, read a few reviews and Google Pixel 3a hit all of my needs, I checked Amazon a couple of times and noticed that the price fluctuated quite a bit, sold and fulfilled by Amazon. I hit it at the best price I could find ($299) USD and bought it. Wow am I glad I did. My first purchase of the new year. :happy093: IMG_20200102_054932-1127x2016.jpg

Paul76, jluc, Jim99 and 11 others like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

My 24 year old son was washing dishes and dropped his iPhone 6s in the soapy water ..... a week later and doesn't want to hold a charge. He gave me the money to pick him up an iPhone 8 off ebay yesterday ...... $344 + tax.

My question is why do you need a phone to do dishes? :signs002:

:eatdrink013:

6. Paul Turner

Here's what someone doing dishes would say in a phone. "Hi....ahh, I'm just doing dishes. I GOTTA GO!!!!"

AGHisBBS, brit, Hembree and 1 other person like this.
  7. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I debated "asking" this question because, with my luck, the answer will probably end up being something that'll leave me looking like the "doofus" I sometimes am. But, my curiosity has overridden my good sense. Never had all that much so...........

What is this "Stoylin Tony Awards" you speak of? OK....I've dove into this head first! I hope I can get back to the top before my breath runs out!

:signs002:

8. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

My first mail call of 2020 is a bottle of Wholly Kaw Merchant Of Tobacco aftershave, Edwin Jagger Chatsworth razor with faux horn handle and Sē’bŭm Green shave soap I won from a pass around in the East Coast Wet Shavers Facebook group. B47FC680-DD20-4F32-8D18-2AF6031DAA6E.jpeg 2155CE84-E690-4B03-88B0-BAEE07C20FA3.jpeg

Paul76, jluc, RaZorBurn123 and 13 others like this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Old Camillus pocketknife, made in New York. In process of cleaning it up now, just to see what I can do with it.

20200102_160403.jpg

Suggestions on how to proceed?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2020
  10. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Got my order of stirling :).
    Walked out the door and got it just before FedX tossed onto the concrete porch.
    This means nothing was broken or crushed.
    Yea!
    20200102_160146.jpg
    Really like the citrus scent, a plus is this has menthol too.

tp

Paul76, BigD, jluc and 14 others like this.
  11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

JR #377 just arrived. I made a trade with @Jayaruh and he made this one for me. It's beautiful! Rosewood and silvertip badger.

IMG_1088 (1).jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

Bizoo, Paul76, BigD and 13 others like this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

20200102_171218_resize_61.jpg

Made somewhere between 1960 - late 1970s.

Attached Files:

13. Paul Turner

It's an "event" I "introduced" to add some fun for those who enjoy Stoylin(my pet name for Stirling)products and the service. I nominate a 2-product set at times throughout the year, and on New Year's Day(of the next year), I declare the winner("Best In Show") and runner-up. I must buy these two sets at some time during the year-the Best In Show right away, and the Runner-up at a time of my choosing. . Join the fun this year-I'll have 6 "nomination" dates.

14. Paul Turner

Looks very nice indeed, but I think I'd have problems with such a long handle like that. I suppose I could eventually get used to it though.

brit and PLAla like this.
  15. Paul Turner

I'm impressed Terry-you think ahead and get your summer items NOW.

brit and Terry like this.
  16. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

The Glacial Lemon and Orange Chill were the first two I tried from Stirling. Love the scents, but the glacial lemon was too much for me. Love the Orange Chill. that will be my next puck to finish after I get through the Electric Sheep. Enjoy.

17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

But how does it shave?
    Ah, just joking..
    Nice haul, very nice!
    tp

brit, gorgo2 and PLAla like this.
  18. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Thanks Dale!
    So far, I like both of them. The next purchase will be the full monty to go with my Electric Sheep shave and bath soap.

I'll blow up the bathroom with that stuff!
    tp

Edison Carter, brit and PanChango like this.
  19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Ahhhh summer time....
    I like it any time, especially after a great shower using the matching soap.
    Thanks Paul!

Paul Turner and brit like this.
  20. brit

brit in a box

people rarely put their phones down these days,for any reason..;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.