The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

One of my greatest frustrations, frankly. The scent from Stirling I enjoy most, I use least. Initially, I thought I was holding off to keep it special, but in reality, I think it's because I fear the slow burn if conditions are not optimal. I may wind up moving on... just... not yet ;)

2. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Love the Barbershop soap scent. How are the other Barbershop scents? I'm particularly thinking about the AS splash and EdT. I don't yet have any full sets of one brand or scent.
    SOTD 1 3 20 sm.jpg

ezlovan, Edison Carter, PLAla and 3 others like this.
  3. timabababaluka

That Pez dispenser... awesome! :happy102:

I've yet to sample Barbershop, so I'd be interested to hear what others think as we'll.

4. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

That Pez dispenser... awesome! :happy102:

Thank you .

5. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Paul, I was't worried about the scent as much as pain from the cold. And tonight we are supposed to get 6 to 10 inches of snow with strong winds. I'm really not fond of Northern Michigan in the winter. I need to head somewhere south - far south...

Last edited: Jan 11, 2020
  6. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

A few months ago I got a sample of Baker St. and it smelled great! Signature scent type great... I ordered a tub of it black Friday and the scent was not the same. Don't know what to do with that tub now.

7. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

That's odd. I've never had a sample soap, thus I can't compare to a larger.

8. Paul Turner

Oh man....that area is indeed getting the snowy mess. Meanwhile I'm getting spoiled....60's both days this week-end. Then back to "normal" Monday.

9. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

This week allowed completion of
    The Shavette Showdown - Round 3
    Featuring:
    - Feather DX folder w/ Feather Pro Super
    It was a good shave for this setup, but not good to hold onto the top slot. There are 2 coatings finishing these blades, a platinum alloy and a resin. Theory suggests that these final coatings are responsible for the fierce cutting abilities and lack of longevity. The edge does not look bad under my magnification. Since the Supers have The most blade exposure of all AC type blades, I'll probably strop it like a true straight before this is over.
    - Focus R21 Evolution w/half a Feather DE blade. In the Feather vs Feather category, this blade now leads. My only dislike is the tendency to be toothy on shave 1.
    - Focus R28 Slim Al - Gillette Silver Blue brings up the rear. Just a consistent shaver this is. The extreme low weight does require the operator to control the cutting force. I can see that a negative for some. I pick this up regularly for quick shaves, something I had no foresight of ever happening.

The Blue Ming took his spot as master of suds.

From the Max Headroom List of Most Glorious Stanks, Tuscany was one of the flavors in the mix. The profile is: Tuscan Cypress fragrance oil, add in some Bergamot and Violet, and sprinkle with an array of spices. Marketed as a unisex scent The Stirling Clearance Sale notice indicated on hand stock would be the last of it. For me it is light, fresh and long lasting and does not threaten my man card. I did what any shave hobbyist lacking self control does, run out and buy up on the soap, aftershave, and EdT just before filling in another line on the 'No Buy' list on the refrigerator. Get it while you can.

The JR367 got called up from the bullpen. A beautifully tall and majestic piece with a hybrid knot that is a wee bit scritchy. I always wonder what ball player was lucky enough to have had the Louisville Slugger folks fashion a bat with the stub timber from my brush.

Also seen were the Symmetrical Pottery bowl and the Supply Single Edge w/Schick Proline all brought to you by those Emperors of Enablement and Brothers of the Bling.

[​IMG]

10. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

I have the soap Aftershave and EDT.
    One of the Best Barbershop scents out there. The Aftershave last all day even after I have Worked all day. It is a Top Tear Product. The EDT is Awesome.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

11. timabababaluka

Same thing happened to me with Glastonbury. One thing I noticed was that once I lathered up, it started to mellow a bit towards what I was used to. By the time I was done with the shave, it was more like the Glastonbury I got as a sample. Don't know if that's the case with your Baker Street. Hopefully it turns out that way; like you said... signature scent material there. ;)

12. timabababaluka

:rofl:
    Awesome!

13. timabababaluka

Barbershop officially on radar ;)

14. john zeiger

john zeiger Well-Known Member

Bill, you do great summaries of your shaves. I really enjoy them.

15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Thank you sir.

16. Paul Turner

John, Mr. Cawtuh's shave report style takes me back to a TV ad in the Boston area in the late 60's...wish I could remember what for, but I recall some of the lyrics:

Is there anyone else in the whole human race
    With your kind of style, your kind of grace?

Then it ends with

There's nobody else exactly like you
    Nobody else like you.

17. brit

brit in a box

menthol monday.. 20200112_125419_edited.jpg

ezlovan, Leo501, Frijolero and 7 others like this.
  18. timabababaluka

19. Latherin’ Luddite

Latherin’ Luddite Well-Known Member

The weather decided to start acting like January again, and all this cold and snow has me using Coniferous. THREE days in a row in fact! I’ve used Lil Brudder each time too. It’s one of the very easiest to whip up a perfect yogurt with.

20. Paul Turner

I love my Li'l Brudder.....really does me well.