AS - from plastic to glass

Discussion in 'Scents' started by Leo501, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

I read a post somewhere in here about transferring Clubman Pinaud from its plastic bottle to a glass bottle to improve the scent and/or give it more of that old-time scent. I'm going to give it a try after I find a good bottle I like.

Does anyone do this with AV or others that come in plastic bottles? Wondering if it would make any difference.

2. 178-bplatoon

178-bplatoon Well-Known Member

I use glass empty hot sauce or soy sauce bottles or a genuine used AS bottle when I can find one. :happy088:

Leo501 likes this.
  3. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

Thanks! I was looking at a soy sauce bottle I have in my fridge, nice because it has the plastic top insert for a slower pour. I might have to rinse it out a bit early and try it. And the Gillette Cool Wave AS I recently bought came in a glass bottle. I'll definitely be saving the empty.

4. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/pinaud-clubman-to-glass-and-upgrade-that-scent.63154/
    It's a good thread IMO.
    Have some great shaves!

Leo501 likes this.
  5. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Leo501 likes this.
  6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Just to clarify, plastic is far more permeable than glass. Consequently, some of the scent is lost through the plastic, while glass keeps it intact. Also, depending on the type of plastic, the cologne may absorb some of its scent.

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

I have to agree with your conclusion, I recently tried to remove the odor from a air freshener That I received from a hospital were I had surgery in. They were going to throw it out so I claimed it. Months later I thought I would use it for a atomizer for my Witch Hazel. After cleaning it with soap and then a soaking in some Isopropyl alcohol following I but in some witch hazel. I noticed a different smell than just witch hazel and flushed out the witch hazel and boiled the Hospital grade plastic for 10 min and rinsed it with some boiling water and then put some alcohol into the bottle to finally clean it.
    End result the chemicals they put in the air freshener had permentally leeched into the hospital grade plastic and had to toss the bottle and the atomizer nozzle because the smell was not of my desire.
    Plastic will leech chemicals over time and that is my conclusion. Glass is inert and much superior for holding chemicals until you drop the container.
    Glass has been successful in preserving foods and chemicals for hundreds of years were plastics have only been around for not even a hundred years in mass storage containers.
    Glass is the answer and is more environmentally friendly IMO.