January 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Dec 31, 2019.

?

What year did you join our happy band of shavers?

1. 2015 - CHARTER MEMBER - I was here the day we began!

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  2. 2015 - February or later

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  3. 2016

4 vote(s)
    7.1%
  4. 2017

7 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 2018

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  6. 2019

17 vote(s)
    30.4%
  7. I'm brand new in 2020

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. I don't remember. I've inhaled too much shaving soap for my brain to function.

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  9. Not sure but it's been longer than a day

6 vote(s)
    10.7%
  10. So we still get cookies, right? And ice cream? I heard rumors.

16 vote(s)
    28.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

You are one of us.

Best thread ever.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

2. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

You're giving me a hankering to pull my Luxor Pro out and a GSB you gave me . I will never forget those days being a newbie and all and just wanting to try it so bad . Thank God you gave me a chance ! Have an awesome day Chris.

3. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Looking back on it, betting me that I’d fail on a year long no-buy really was taking candy from a baby...

Linuxguile, PLAla, Norcalnewb and 9 others like this.
  4. jtspartan

Yeesh, absolutely no need to apologize, Jeff. I think the key to the FLoating Head is to never be on autopilot. Smooth and steady, but always attentive.

Linuxguile, PLAla, jgreenepa and 8 others like this.
  5. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Nice shave Perry! Cool kit! BTW Piacenza will be in my next Stirling order for sure. Definitely one of my favorites.

jtspartan, Linuxguile, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  6. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Ha! I'll go a whole year without buying any shave gear, it just won't happen before I die. Actually considering how much I have on subscribe and save, it probably won't happen after I die either, so never mind.

Linuxguile, PLAla, jgreenepa and 7 others like this.
  7. jtspartan

The brushes look interesting and I agree with you, that milk glass container is very cool, Danny.

Linuxguile, PLAla, jgreenepa and 8 others like this.
  8. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I have an older Cocktail Time and the watch is amazing in its detail as well as it's performance. Go for it or you will regret it. I am impressed with the value from the high end Seiko watches.... actual most of their watches are great values.

The stainless steel Parker is great deal.

That is what lather looks like when the water is very hot, I just happened to take a picture today to show people....

9. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

First shave of the four day weekend. It is the start of the Lunar New Year holiday in Korea.

Since the Fine Soap has been a top performer in the scuttle test I decided to use to kick of the holiday along with my Koraat 14 2.0 bellied hollow razor. Since I have plenty of time I took some pics to show what the lather looks like when very hot. The shave was fantastic, everything worked as it should, the planets aligned and an epic shave ensued.

There is a special appearance for Charlie in this picture @wristwatchb
    ID - 1.jpeg

Here is my tea kettle, Red.
    IMG_7947.jpeg

This what the lather looks like when it is at it's hottest. Does not look so good.....
    ID - 1 (1).jpeg

But when applied to my face:
    IMG_7949.jpeg

10. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave Neal..

Linuxguile, PLAla, Norcalnewb and 7 others like this.
  11. brit

brit in a box

fine shave and pics Keith..

Linuxguile, PLAla, Norcalnewb and 7 others like this.
  12. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jeff.third shave in a row with the nickel new sc,just 3 different handles.this razor/blade combo is fantastic.i rarely use the same razor 2 times in a row let alone 3.the different handles keep it different for the pics..:)

jtspartan, Linuxguile, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  13. brit

brit in a box

happy friday Chris..:).glad you are here..

jtspartan, Linuxguile, PLAla and 7 others like this.
  14. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Very interesting. I thought I boiled the soap at first but remember you saying it will revert back when applied....and it did. Look what you started ;)

jtspartan, Linuxguile, PLAla and 8 others like this.
  15. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Thanks, Jeff. I'm going to shop around for Soap Commander scents because when I polish off this tub, I will definitely replace it with more Soap Commander--fantastic soap! :D
    Awesome lather report, but perhaps the most crucial piece of information was omitted: where can I get a "Patrick. The man. The myth. The legend" mug? ;)
    Fantastic report, Neal. Anyone who can rise above that weather, can certainly bottom out a tub of Soap Commander. :D

9nein9, jtspartan, Linuxguile and 8 others like this.
  16. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Wonderful photo and description of hot lathering, Kieth. I'm always looking forward to seeing the next exotic straight :)

jtspartan, Linuxguile, PLAla and 6 others like this.
  17. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

No problem
    Take care of yourself!
    Thanks Jeff!
    tp

Linuxguile, PLAla, Norcalnewb and 6 others like this.
  18. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

Yeah, I should really feel guilty about that. I don't, of course, but I should. Does that help?

19. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Good Friday morning all, a soggy start today but a good day none the less.
    Got out my 1909 Owl with a new Pesonna GEM blade. 2 passes face and head, no issues. It really is a great shaver, very close. I put the blade back in it so you could see it ready to go. My Andrew brush for some great feel and lather.
    20200124_055746.jpg
    I'm clean and smooth, ready for the day!
    all
    Enjoy!
    tp

Keithmax, McCrae, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
  20. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

23A111C1-8974-419B-AFE8-1F3B3013AA75.jpeg
    SOTD 01/24/20

Up very early this morning after my infusion yesterday, so why not have a relaxing shave. I decided to break with tradition; so I broke out the Grooming Dept’s Donkey Milk Unscented (instead of my usual MWF) which has always worked well for me. After salting it with 6 drops of M-Bomb to bring it to the Cryogen level, the soap was ready!

Yesterday I received my new H&S No75 polished SS razor. The razor was designed with a .75 blade gap with neutral blade exposure. Friends on a number of different dedicated razor forums had posted very positive reviews of its incredible efficiency and smoothness, and our own Jim (@jluc) described it to me as the smoothest razor in his den. Deep in the throes of RAD, I succumbed and ordered my own. A fair bit of time passed after my order with only the infamous ‘label created’ message showing in my USPS app. So after a week of this, I emailed the company which resulted in my order being dropped off immediately. The company’s in MD, so it only took two days to get here.

The handle is longer than I’m used to at 3.74” and the entire razor weighs in at 126 grams. It’s hefty, but very well-balanced in the hand. I loaded it with a Feather blade and proceeded to have at it. The soap whipped up into a glistening, yogurty, cooling lather complemented by my Cube Preshave soap. It didn’t take long to find the sweet spot, and to echo others that have used the razor previously, must say that the shave was very smooth and efficient. What I discovered was that the longer handle enhanced the dome shave, particularly in the center of the back of my head, one of my regular trouble spots. The face shave was effortless leaving me with an easy two pass DFS all around. There were still some healing areas from my encounter with my defective Rex Ambassador, so I decided to happily settle for the DFS. I really enjoyed this shave, and am looking forward to continuing to shave with it over the course of the next few days. I feel clean, smoooth, cool and refreshed! Now off to make the coffee for SWMBO.

Keithmax, McCrae, jtspartan and 12 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.