The Next Big Thing

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Chuck Naill, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

So, many of us have been into the shaving hobby for long enough to have moved on to some other interest. I move to vintage Esterbrook FP restorations, but now, I've gotten all I want so it's on to the next big thing. What's yours?

brit and cliffb599 like this.
  2. cliffb599

cliffb599 Well-Known Member

Vintage Stock-man pocket Knifes.
    Also Dive Watches.
    The Woman’s not to Happy about it.

Sent from my iPhoneXR using Tapatalk

Chuck Naill and brit like this.
  3. Lipripper60

Lipripper60 Member

Mine is kitchen cutlery. Not new stuff but great old steel that needs love (and a new handle). Used to be easy to find good old steel. It's not secret anymore so prices have gone up. One good thing is the lady who keeps me around enjoys the benefits of super sharp kitchen knives. (Yep, I let her use them once she agreed they would never see the inside of a dishwasher).

Chuck Naill, cliffb599 and brit like this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

After learning the ABC’s of wet shaving, my next thing was archery. That has taken over our lives & our home.

5. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I collected vintage coffee makers for a while. Percolators, vacuum, and dripolators. I probably have a dozen and use them occasionally.

I keep noticing vintage lanterns when I'm in antique stores. I don't own one and have no use for one but for some reason they keep catching my eye so that might be my next thing.

steve207 likes this.
  6. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

My grandfather had kerosene and Coleman white gas lanterns. I made sure they were empty then cleaned them up and have them on display.

John Beeman likes this.