Weighted/gravity blankets

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Jan 23, 2020.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Anyone use them to any benefit? Been reading up on them, and am curious.

Leo501 likes this.
  2. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Yes, I have one and so do each of my kids. I was very sceptical, but when I use it I fall asleep really quickly. They do seem to help.

jaro likes this.
  3. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

We used to have a very heavy comforter that we tried to use on cold winter nights but eventually went back to normal weight blankets. You might try sleeping with heavy layers of bedding before buying a gravity blanket.
    Some people like them but they can feel restrictive. I found that I would enjoy the extra warmth initially but then about half way through the night feel like I couldn't move comfortably.

Leo501 likes this.
  4. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

My wife has one on her side of the bed and she loves it. I sometimes will snuggle up under it with her... My 5 yr old twins like to lay under it too until they decide to move and then they have us move it off them since they are fairly much " stuck " under it.....

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Got an 18-pounder on sale online at Walmart. More comfortable than I expected. It does have weight (glass beads) but isn't as hot as I feared. Not sure yet that it helped me sleep any better than I would have otherwise. I need to give it time.

jaro likes this.
  6. jaro

I saw some at marshalls I think around 30 bucks the other day.

7. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

Have wondered about these! If they're 30ish at Marshall's, I don't know if I'm that curious!

jaro likes this.
  8. jaro

I think big lots has them for about half that though. I was just in marshalls a couple of days ago and saw the 30ish ones was why I mentioned them but a while back I did see them in big lots and like I said I think theirs was 15 or 20... You can find some good deals though with a little research.

S Barnhardt likes this.
  9. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of one (for insomnia and/or chronic pain symptoms) but after reading up and talking to others I don't think there'd be any benefit for me. I move around a lot during my sleep, and when I wake up throughout the night trying to get back to sleep I shift positions a lot, so I think it would be more of a bother.

It's my understanding that there's a formula for what weight you would buy.

YMMV

S Barnhardt likes this.
  10. jaro

I think there is a formula to it, but I don't know it but my wife has a 15 lb and absolutely loves it on her half of the bed.

Leo501 and S Barnhardt like this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

1/10th of your body weight is what I think I read.

jaro, Leo501 and S Barnhardt like this.