New to TSD & Wet Shaving

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by OhioBob, Jan 24, 2020.

1. OhioBob

OhioBob New Member

Started my journey into Wet Shaving in April 2019. Only took about a month to develop AD and went on my journey to acquire DE razors (vintage and new) and then to software and SE razors (Schick injectors) and brushes. My collection is up to 22 razors, multiple soaps and creams and 7 brushes. The RAD is almost under control, but still have an obsession over brushes and soaps.

I retired in April 2018 and have been enjoying it along with my new hobby of Wet Shaving. No regrets on my disorders of AD as have been learning more everyday from forums like this one and others. Of course the forums often tickle that AD disorder and kick it into full swing. LOL

I have learned that there is a wonderful group of individuals participating in these forums with a wealth of information.

2. speedster

speedster Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, @OhioBob! I'm sure you will find plenty of enablers here and the necessary information to help you sufficiently nourish your ADs. ;)

3. OhioBob

OhioBob New Member

Thanks! I need others to justify my ADs.

Terry likes this.
  4. lightcs1776

lightcs1776 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Den.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5. AGHisBBS

AGHisBBS Well-Known Member

Welcome to The Shave Den, a great place to hang out!

6. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
  7. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Welcome, from Texas.

8. brit

brit in a box

hello and welcome..

9. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Welcome to The Shave Den, @OhioBob! I married an Ohio girl back in '73. I retired in 2011 and that is when my wet shaving obsession began. Welcome to the ADs. I have had them all, but now they are pretty much under control.
    zwelcome1a.jpg

brit likes this.
  10. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Hi from Seoul, nice to meet you.

12. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Bob, welcome to The Shave Den! Congrats on your retirement. It sounds like you're off and running on your traditional wet shaving journey.

13. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Welcome to the Den.

14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Nice! And welcome!
    Nice to have another buckeye.
    tp

15. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

16. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Welcome to TSD @OhioBob

Drop in over at the 30DC thread in 'shave school'.

I find it to be the heartbeat and watercooler of the forum. Be careful though, it is where you find the 'Master's of Enablement" for acquisition disorders.

17. Ursa

Ursa Well-Known Member

Welcome from Michigan!

If your experience ends up paralleling mine, you'll eventually acquire enough soaps and creams to last you 10 to 20 years, if not the rest of your life...

18. OhioBob

OhioBob New Member

I may already be there. Have 10-15 shave sticks, TOBS Sandalwood cream, SJOL Sandalwood & Bergamot cream and 3 tubs of Stirling soaps, 6 brushes, 23 razors and probably 250 blades. I probably should block the bay and Etsy and stop reading all the posts from the 4 forums I joined, but what’s retirement for if you can’t enjoy yourself.

Ursa likes this.
  19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

@OhioBob, you totally rock! Welcome to The Shave Den!

20. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Welcome to TSD!