February 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 30, 2020.

?

Name your favorite!

1. Straight razors.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Vintage DE razors.

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. Modern DE razors.

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  4. SE razors.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  5. Pain sticks.

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. Badger brushes.

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
  7. Boars

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  8. Synthetics

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  9. Cookies

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  10. Polls that don't take 10 minutes to fill out!!

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Glad to see you posting again John. Congrats on Karve.

2. brit

brit in a box

i can imagine..:D

Norcalnewb, Trigger, 9nein9 and 3 others like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

hello John,welcome back..:)

Norcalnewb, Trigger, 9nein9 and 7 others like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

John, I suggest you go easy on @jtspartan. He's still beating himself up over his NB18 failure. Moreover, he hasn't been himself lately and has become very sensitive to external stimuli. We suspect he's suffering from a severe Netflix addiction. Earlier today, he was seen holed up in a Tim Hortons in the far western reaches of BC swilling massive amounts of their juice and running back and forth to the bathroom. Sadly, he doesn't remember how he got there. Paramedics from his home town are en route to bring him home. We think he may even be a user...of Clubman and possibly The Veg. Poor soul.

P.S. Welcome back, my friend. It's good to hear from you. Congratulations are in order. A trio of henchman led by none other than Mr. FancyPants helped Jason self-actualize his very own CT today.

5. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Sounds like incredible stuff, then! :D

Norcalnewb, Trigger, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  6. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

I noticed the CT but didn't realise it was that new! Congratulations, Jason ... uhmmm ... If you think they're appropriate. If not, then my very best insincere commiserations.

But possibly using Clubman or even The Veg?? Dear dear. If you're not very careful, you may find yourself wandering around, drinking mouthwash or hair spray out of a paper bag next...

7. timabababaluka

Wonderful set up as always, and you don't get any better than epic!

Fir and leather sounds like a pretty epic scent profile as well. :)

Norcalnewb, Trigger, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.
  8. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

Oooh, purdy everything again Keith!

And all these posts of cool watches....not gonna cave with a new purchase @wristwatchb anytime soon. But, it has made me follow up with a cleaning/polishing session, 6 hours recharging, then complete ‘reset to reference’ positions, and finally an initial setup to current time & perpetual calendar leap year info. Hopefully the battery will work as expected for longevity & solar charging. A Citizen Eco Drive E820. Last analog watch before going smart watch...

9. wristwatchb

The 30DC post frequency and shenanigans increased exponentially today. Things were going well until @BaylorGator showed up. I'm sure things will return to normal once he's taken into custody by the IRS. Thankfully, the limo driver can get the girls to school.

10. timabababaluka

Embarrassing? You're a better man than I, Terry. The nicest thing I can ever come up with is infuriating. :happy102:

But it's always funny later--I just gotta remember that ;)

11. PLAla

PLAla Bit Shy of a Full Puck

Thank you, Jeff and Jim!

12. PLAla

Terrific, Keith! Really like the brush.

Norcalnewb, Keithmax, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  13. PLAla

John! Welcome back!

14. wristwatchb

Blair, nice watch! However, it would be easier to land the Space Shuttle than set the time on your Citizen Eco Drive. Call me old fashioned, but not one of my watches has a turboencabulator.

15. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks, Jason! It is amazing how I held back to buy it and then when I made the decision to do so, I almost didn't get it due to unforseen circumstances. I had to renege on my pledge to buy it so that another guy who wanted it would get to purchase it. It was only checking out the Heritage website that the brush was still available that I jumped on it. It was meant to be. I explained this story in full detail when I got the brush a few months ago. I have never regretted purchasing this brush.

16. Trigger

Thank you, Clint! I enjoyed the shaves!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020
    Norcalnewb, PLAla, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  17. Trigger

Thanks, Patrick!

Norcalnewb, PLAla, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  18. b1hart

b1hart Speed Racer

It IS easier to land the Space Shuttle, no question. Video? Giggles. I gave up on the video back in 2011. Play, pause, crown in what position?, curse, rewind 10 seconds, play, pause, curse....rew....oh, well, at least I got the time right. That’s about how it went.

It’s charging again overnight under some 5000k LED lights (daylight temperature). Hopefully tomorrow morning it says Feb 2nd.... Or as long as the time is correct, I’m good!

19. Trigger

Thanks, Tim! I didn't held Cremo to high standard as well. I was in the local CVS pharmacy and saw it in the shave aisle. My curiosity got the better of me and I wanted to review a new product on the 30 DC thread, so I purchased it. I thought it would be a great alternative to get a quick head and/or facial shave with it. It saves on using a brush to lather the face and in my case the dome. I will not use it for straight shaves because I think it would more of a hassle clean the blade than if I used shaving soap. Cremo has it share of fans and detractors so your mileage may vary. I am glad that it works for me.

20. Trigger

Thanks, Jim!

Norcalnewb, PLAla, clint64 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.