How's Your Day? January 2020

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by richgem, Dec 31, 2019.

1. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

"Musical bows." I think they call that a harp.

2. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

How exactly do you power up the penguin? Does he need batteries?

3. brit

brit in a box

download (13).jpg

richgem likes this.
  4. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

It’s snowflake powered?

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My favorite instant coffee, Kava, has been discontinued according to Smuckers, the owner. Happens every time I find a product I really like.

6. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

The older ones have a wind up mechanism in their tails. But the newest ones are nuclear.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  7. richgem

They are all precious snowflakes. Lol

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Y'know, sources tell me penguins can prop themselves up.

9. richgem

I think my niece had one of those that she wore in her hair.

10. Paul Turner

Going to your reunion???

11. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Yesterday was one of those days.
    In the morning, I went to the archery range. Three guys there were yammering loudly about politics. I won’t get into details, as I think that is inappropriate here. My problems with this;
    1) For me, archery is a politics-free zone as even among like-minded people, such conversations can be stressful. I do archery to relax.

2)The volume of the conversations was loud, and people were trying to shoot (not just me.). No one expects the range to be as quiet as a library, but keeping conversational volume down is an expected courtesy.

But wait, the day gets even better. After leaving the range, I went to my Mom’s. She needed to change her Florida driver’s license to New Jersey. She should have done this months ago, when she sold off her Florida condo. But as it was to expire in a coupe of months, this needed to be dealt with.
    So I drove her to the nearest Motor Vehicle department, as it is farther than she will drive on her own. (She’s 82 and just drives for short local errands.)

Fortunately, she had all of the right bits of identification. Unfortunately, after having it checked, we then had to sit for close to 4 hours, before she was called to the window where they complete the process. To add to the frustration, there was no place to get any food- no food truck or vending machines and the place is nowhere near anything. The one bit of good news is that she did get the new license.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  12. Paul Turner

I majored in Political&Historical Studies in college, but I, too, have a problem with talking politics in public arenas. As for driver's licenses, I should probably get my REAL license soon, even though my current one(shall we call the current one a "FAKE" license?)is good through October of this year. And now I realize I lied.....good through May. See that, the Real ID confused me....we must get THOSE by October.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020
    AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  13. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Paul Turner likes this.
  14. Paul Turner

Well, it isn't fake, I just said that to be cynical. I looked at a photo of the so-called "REAL I.D." and frankly I don't see too much difference in that from current licenses. By the way, being cynical is something I try to avoid at all costs, which tells you my opinion of this "REAL ID" thing.

AGHisBBS and Sara-s like this.
  15. RaZorBurn123

RaZorBurn123 waiting hardily...............

We won't have a 40, 50 is next. Wow Paul typing 40 made me feel so old, I remember hanging out with my friends at school on the last couple of days talking about reunions and such, 40 years seemed like a life time.

AGHisBBS and Paul Turner like this.
  16. Paul Turner

We had a nice 10th, but things appeared to go downhill after that. I went for #20, but didn't see ANY other classmates. My own 40th is next year.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Thanks to folks getting behind schedule, I spent about 4 hours at the hospital, for a 15-minute surgery. I had a cyst removed from my finger. I feel OK right now, because th local anesthetic hasn’t worn off yet.

AGHisBBS likes this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

A shower has never felt so good! As I need to keep one finger dry, it took me a little time to figure out how. So yesterday, I just went to the salon for a shampoo. As I also had to go to the doctor (for an unrelated problem) I explained my problem with showering and we came up with a solution.

She gave me some size Large rubber gloves (that would fit my bandaged & swollen finger) and suggested I put a pony-tail holder around my wrist, to keep water out. It worked like a charm. I am clean and the bandaged finger came out completely dry.

AGHisBBS, Intrigued and richgem like this.
  19. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I’m going to take my life in a direction unknown, I’m going to take a risk in hopes of financial well being. I hope you are all well.

Intrigued, AGHisBBS and brit like this.
  20. richgem

Good to see you Brent! So, what does this all mean?