February 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 30, 2020.

?

Name your favorite!

1. Straight razors.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Vintage DE razors.

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. Modern DE razors.

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  4. SE razors.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  5. Pain sticks.

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. Badger brushes.

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
  7. Boars

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  8. Synthetics

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  9. Cookies

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  10. Polls that don't take 10 minutes to fill out!!

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Nice shaves, Keith! I never was a W&B fan. I know they are vintage razors, but for some reason I never liked their aesthetics. I am sure they are fine razors because more seasoned straight shavers have given glowing reports, but for some reason I never caught on to the must have it syndrome with the W&B straights.

2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Wow! This is the year that you will be a great grandfather! Happy Birthday and many more healthy ones thereafter, Jeff!

3. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I'm pushing 50 Jeff! Seems like yesterday I was 20. I had a grandfather who lived just short of 105 and drove his car till age 94. He never seemed to slow down and stayed busy doing woodworking on his lathe until close to 90.
    I truly believe age is a number which I don't take seriously or I'm just way too stubborn to give into . I don't even have grandkids yet even though I have 3 daughters. If it happens it happens I guess.
    I tip my hat to you Sir on your special day and wish you and your wife a long healthy life together!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2020
  4. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

February Favorites

February 3

Razor - 1959 (E4) Gillette Fatboy
    Blade - sharp-star.jpg (2)
    Soap - Stirling Black Ice
    Brush - 30DC Meet UP LE w/ TGN Grade A Silvertip
    Post - Alum

Wow! It got late fast tonight. I've been talking to Jennifer and just taking it easy and remembered I hadn't posted yet. So, here we go. MENTHOL MONDAY!!! Soap for tonight was Stirling Black Ice. Menthol and Anise - which gives you cold black licorice! Great scent and of course, it's Stirling, so one of my favorite lathers. I used the Meet UP brush with the Silvertip for a luxurious and rich lather and feel to the process. Back to the Fatboy and Sharp Star that I started two days ago. Three passes to absolute perfection and another day is done. I started my day earlier this morning with an overdue head shave. Used the Merkur 23c with a Sharp Star and Soap Commander Courage as an extra shave to eat a bit more of it up. I'm cue ball smooth from that one as well. Have a great Tuesday!!

February 3 2020.jpg

5. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

6. brit

brit in a box

awesome Neal..

7. brit

brit in a box

8. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

I drop in, and right away....first one... This?

I chose that Rush song live because of the drums. Mesmerizing.

When Geddy Lee is a close second best technical musician present in your rock band, you're gonna make some cool stuff. In the concert time mark, the one I posted, Neil Peart takes a simple guitar and bass song and shoots it into orbit. He makes it look so effortless. Even live in front of 1000s

My intro as "Big Money" at age 11. I've only recently listened seriously. For the music alone, and the lyrics are deep and noteworthy (a whole conversation in itself), Rush was truly a generational talent in Rock.

Let's see... What else?

Shania in Vegas.

Winning. Since 1814.

(;

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  9. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Thanks, Jason! That's such an awesome thing to say :D

10. Bama Samurai

3 February, MMXX A.D.
    (that's 2020 to all my people in Grant, AL)

Present and accounted.

Will put the kung fu on a Parker Shavette in a few and sleep after.

And to @wristwatchb

@Keithmax glow shot

This is gonna be worse than razors, hopefully not as bad as vocational poker.

Other than that...all is quiet in Alabama.

Have a nice Tuesday.

[​IMG]

11. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

Tied in 1814. Winning since.
    Full Disclosure- I wasn’t a fan in High School. Wasn’t old enough to get them.

12. Bama Samurai

Shh.... Synthetics!!

I've missed you

13. Bama Samurai

Totally. I'm old enough to see it now.

14. Bama Samurai

Like seriously...

Geddy Lee is in the GOAT conversation for pop/rock musician on bass

And Neil Peart was actually the most talented and innovative guy in the band.

I'm glad I finally listened. It's really really good.

15. brit

brit in a box

they have some cool pieces..:)

16. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

They refused to play the game.
    It’s also why they weren’t voted to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame until 2013. Dave Grohl gave an awesome introduction speech to them that night as well.

17. brit

brit in a box

hello gents.posting less comments on the monthly sotd thread as we converse more here.i am commenting to the ones who don't post on most of the threads we do.doesn't mean i love you all less.cheers.:eatdrink047:

18. Bama Samurai

Talking to you and hoping some read....

What's going on? Newbies still dropping by to chat?

(Intro for newer guys. ..my marriage broke up in September 2019. I moved home to Alabama. I haven't lived here since 1998. Nothing in the world is by accident. No hard feelings.. Just the facts of the case)

So I'm doing two jobs. One is for a franchise group of CBD/Nutrition stores and distributors points. Been fun, it's five days a week. They're in way over their heads and it's not what I'm paid to solve. I'm the fixer. One morning dealing with vendor and contractor issues, afternoon covering for an employee who called sick. It's primarily at one office and two stores but my weeks have no boundary as to where I go. I'm employee number seven of they make it, but they won't.

Since I have the time, I manage another related store one day per week as manager and inventory bookkeeper. One day job merely four minutes from home and slow-paced, just staying busy. It's good for my soul. Looking for new jobs already.

Occasionally people get to place where it's time to retreat and regroup. Tht was me. I'm good enough at swagger to by, but I underestimated what I was going through. Coming back and being new here again is really cool. I'm so glad all of you still gather here to write stuff like this.

You'll see my hnd made brushes again soon.

I trust from reading here that you are well.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  19. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Monday February 3 - MWF and Menthol Monday

Supply v2 matte black injector on 2-dot plate / Personna (unknown #)
    Simpson's Chubby CH2 Synthetic
    MWF
    Alum
    Osage Rub and Clubman VIBR

Nice shave today. I used The Fat even though it's not Friday, because Mitchell's starts with M and that rhymes with Monday. (Hmmm... MWF... Monday Wednesday Friday for Mitchell's Wool Fat? That would be one way to kill off this eternal puck of mine in more of a hurry...). It always gives a nice-feeling lather. Which the Chubby whips up in no time flat.

I think the Supply is my favourite injector, although Schick E and G and the PAL Adjustable are nice too. Two passes to an error-free DFS+. Forgot to use the alum, but I don't think it would have had anything to say anyway.

Osage Rub for that Menthol Monday chill, topped off with Clubman VIBR for that alcohol bite on top of it with a tropical scent finish to combat the -18C temp outside today.

Btw, Supply looks like a razor company that's going to be around for awhile: Patrick and Jennifer were always keen on quality and careful in their expansion while it was a Mom and Pop operation. But in August or thereabouts, they won the opportunity to go on the "Shark Tank", and ended up cutting a deal with Rob Herjevac for a share of the company for $300,000. So they are now well-financed with major business connections and know-how behind them...

20. Screwtape

Screwtape A Shaving Butterfly

Sorry to hear about your marriage, Chris -- that happened while I was away from the site. Glad to hear that you are taking the opportunity to reflect, regroup and heal where you need to, though. And I have always enjoyed your reflective commentaries here -- they are part of what makes the 30DC so special.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.