Another creation

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by twhite, Jan 3, 2020.

1. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

If there is still room on the list I'd love a chance to try one out. They are both beautiful but that brass beast:love029::love029:.

An all brass single edge twist knob adjustable that takes both Gem or shick injector/proline blades would be killer. If your looking for ideas that is.
    I think the TNNSER made just about everyone happy. At least everyone that likes SE.

Edison Carter and twhite like this.
  2. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Thank you. Consider yourself on the list.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Edison Carter likes this.
  3. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Sweet. Thank you.
    I wish I would have been around for some of the pass arouns of the Bunny and your other fantastic creations.

4. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Jim99 and Edison Carter like this.
  5. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Just noticed that it's being passed around. If possible I'd like to be on the list.

Edison Carter likes this.
  6. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

You are in.

Edison Carter and jimjo1031 like this.
  7. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Jim99, Edison Carter and jimjo1031 like this.
  8. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

I've done four shaves with the aluminum razor now. It handles beautifully. The BIC blades don't match up as well as the Suneko so I've landed on a 5 setting with the Suneko as my go to. This is a more aggressive setting than I liked on the brass. How much of the difference is weight, how much Tom's tweaked settings I can't be sure.

Having gotten comfortable with the setting I matched up with the Tom-X which according to the maker shares much the same geometry. I just eyeballed the Tom-X to get a similar gap to the new razor. There is a vast difference in weight 55g vs 97g, so needless to say the shaves don't feel the same just familiar. The nimbleness of the lighter razor is appreciated on my head, where I'd give the edge to the Tom-X on my beard. Both are pretty smooth, good blade feel, and very efficient. With most DEs I do pick ups on my head with the Enders Speed, with both of these that was obviously unnecessary.

At 55g the aluminum might be a bit light for some. I suggested to Tom folks might want to swap the brass cap, which would bring the weight over 70g and into Black Beauty weight territory.

I'm very happy with this razor. It will go up against the Progress tomorrow.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ischiapp, BigD, Karl G and 10 others like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Progress on 4, Tom's razor on 5. I find it easier to find optimum angle with the Progress and favor its weight but the new contender is I think a bit more efficient and very smooth. Suneko (2). [​IMG]

ischiapp, BigD, Karl G and 7 others like this.
  10. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Apollo Mk3. The German razor has a lot more blade feel on mid setting and is a bit more efficient. Even so the lightweight challenger comports itself very very well, the more I use it the more I like it.[​IMG]

ischiapp, Jim99, GAW9576 and 5 others like this.
  11. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Nice reviews Jeff.

12. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

If anybody else wants to get in on the pass around. Do it today. I will Be closing it tomorrow.

Tom

GAW9576, Jayaruh and Edison Carter like this.
  13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    This was my eighth shave with The TAR. I can feel that my right bicep is bulking up. I actually backed off to 1 today after I did a little blood letting on my chin. I am getting too familiar with it. It is still quite aggressive. I am getting close shaves, but I find I have to really go slow because of the weight. I think I will take the weekend off from the TAR. I am awaiting the Alumi-TAR before returning both to Tom for adjustments.

sod20020207.JPG

BigD, Edison Carter, kjbarth and 4 others like this.
  14. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Last edited: Feb 7, 2020
    Jim99 and GAW9576 like this.
  15. jimjo1031

jimjo1031 never bloomed myself

Jim99 and hins2jw0 like this.
  16. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

I will fix that

Jim99, jimjo1031 and jmudrick like this.
  17. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Added

Jim99 and jimjo1031 like this.
  18. hins2jw0

hins2jw0 Well-Known Member

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

jimjo1031 likes this.
  19. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Phew! That was close.

twhite likes this.
  20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

This is definitely going to be a fun pass-around with Tom’s newest creation. Thanks for making it happen @twhite !

Edison Carter and twhite like this.