How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corey

Corey Member

If the Storm is what you want, wait if possible. It's looking like the end of this year will see the release of the Storm 2. I have the Storm, and it's a nice phone, but I think I would pass on it if I had to make the decision again. The OS is still kinda goofy. Each OS update seems to fix a few problems, but creates another group of problems. The latest update fixed some of the problems with the memory leaks, but now the onscreen keyboard isn't right. The buttons I hit aren't always the letters I get on screen. It's slowed down my typing immensely. Also, the signal strength as dropped. And the SurePress screen, while nice in theory, is a pain in the butt. Not all areas of the screen depress the same and it gives strange feedback, especially around the edges. The Storm 2 is supposedly ditching this feature for now. I've been a very happy Blackberry owner through the Pearl and Curve previously, but the Storm is beginning to get on my nerves with the growing number of problems and an OS that is in serious need of an overhaul. It's like the latest and greatest computer coming equipped with DOS. The OS fails miserably on a touch interface.

2. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Ok, all better now.

Where's Pam hiding?

3. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

I just got fed up with the dying battery in my Razr V3i yesterday and decided to ditch it in favor of the Nokia E71x.
    I was previously set on the Blackberry Bold, but the Nokia has almost the same features for $200 less.
    Yeah... easy decision. ;)
    I'm liking it so far. It's nice having a real keyboard and some other features (umm... many of which I haven't set up yet :rolleyes: )

4. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Jim, if interested I still have 3 bag phones that we used in our delivery trucks. They have all of the latest gadgets on them, like a cord and dial pad:D I will make you a smokin deal on them.

5. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Hey there Tracy!!!
    Hi everybody!

Moi.:love055

6. lamontqsanford

lamontqsanford New Member

Hi Ray!!!

7. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Wow - you have great power! Almost like it never happened... :D

I think Pam is under the weather.

8. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

oooh! And then we can all party like it's 1995! :D

hey Dr. Nick!

9. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

10. Dewaine

Dewaine Well-Known Member

I am thinking there may soon be enough demand for small local old-school shaving shops in some areas, to cater to people like those in this forum.

Maybe.

11. NoobShaver

NoobShaver BGDAAA

welcome to the HYD thread!

The stores you describe already exist in some areas. I seem to remember an old school-ish barbershop and store that started in the Dallas/FW area not too long ago. And there's always the Art of Shaving and other places that sell DE products. Granted, they're sold at exorbitant prices, but their existence does prove your point.

12. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

yeah, I got to play with a live one a little bit ago, it's kinda cool at first, but I can see it becoming a pain after a while

and after I was through playing with that phone, the guy came over and was able to replace my phone, so all is good again (theoretically - I still have an LG Glimmer)

but, I did get to play with the HTC Ozone, very nice, and the phone I think I'm in love with, the Samsung Omnia...go check it out! I loved it! I may have to completely break my new phone to justify getting the Omnia, though I will wait for more reviews to come out, and give it time to show it's true colors (the same as I treat every other tech gadget)

13. Queen of Blades

:D

I did get an apology, though.

Well, I miss Pam.

14. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Aim better, my dear ;)
    I have been making razor cases and went off to a couple of rummage sales. Then I made more razor cases and things. Then I had a nap, then I camped out at the mailbox, and then I did some other stuff.
    Anndddd I have been busy hacking up my remaining lung, but I think I'm gonna live. That razor add thread made me laugh and cough though :happy102

15. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Yay For Rummage Sales!!! :happy108 They're almost as fun as naps!

Sounds like you've been having at least some fun. Glad to hear you'll be staying amoungst the living for a while longer. ;)

16. Queen of Blades

Yay, Pam!

I got your m.o. today. Horribly slammed at the moment. About to go do some work right now, in fact. But you got your order in before Justin got his in. ;)

Hope you manage to get that last lung up, and start feeling better soon.

17. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

Howdy all. Well my day has been pretty carpy today. I got woken up by the wife today letting me know that one of the cats turned off my reef tank last night and I ended up with a total wipe. All of my fish and coral were dead before I even had a chance to save them. But on a better note I got my brush/razor stand today. So I have more room in my shave cabinet for more stuff.

18. Queen of Blades

Ugghhh....I'm sorry to hear that, Bram. :(

Do you have any pics of the tank? Bet it was beautiful.

Shaving stuffs is good, though. :o I'll accept pics of that, too.

19. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Sorry to hear about the reef tank, Bram. They can go quickly. I really wanted one about ten years ago and a dentist I met at the fish place talked me out of it when he told me about losing ten grand during a 6 hour power outage. I have a buddy that does salt water - she has generators just in case. Still, generators don't stop cats.

In other news...

I received part of my 5th place prizes from the Vendors Giveaway contest (aka The Contest) today. There was a nice little package from JoAnna on my porch this afternoon.

Inside:
    Iced Minted Sage WHEAT Shave Cream
    Iced Minted Sage Aftershave with Allantoin
    Patchouli Rose WHEAT Shave Cream

Special note to Pam:
    (the rest of you may read along too, if you'd like ;) )

When it was time to pick two creams and an aftershave, the first thing I thought of was your question to JoAnna a few weeks back asking if she could make a minted sage. Thank you for suggesting this!

I'm here to tell you that iced minted sage is all that and a bag of chips. It's everything I'd hoped for. It's like chewing Wrigley's spearmint gum out in the desert in front of an air conditioner! It makes me very happy. I put some of the AS on a few minutes ago, so I'm still a little giddy. This stuff is even better than TSD Lime (blasphemy here: it's even better than AV). I am a happy man!

Oh, and the Patchouli Rose is great too. It'll have to wait its turn though...

20. Gelf Lover

Gelf Lover Member

I don't know if we have pics after we had scaled it down. But we have talked about just doing a fish only tank. We miss our mated pairs that we had. We had a mated pair of clownfish and a mated pair firefish. But we still need to clean the destruction first and get it to where something can live in it again. Well it has been a long day so I'm hitting the hay. Night all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.