February 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Jan 30, 2020.

?

Name your favorite!

1. Straight razors.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  2. Vintage DE razors.

21 vote(s)
    48.8%
  3. Modern DE razors.

19 vote(s)
    44.2%
  4. SE razors.

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  5. Pain sticks.

5 vote(s)
    11.6%
  6. Badger brushes.

16 vote(s)
    37.2%
  7. Boars

11 vote(s)
    25.6%
  8. Synthetics

17 vote(s)
    39.5%
  9. Cookies

10 vote(s)
    23.3%
  10. Polls that don't take 10 minutes to fill out!!

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Yes, it's been a relaxing week, Jeff!

brit, 9nein9, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  2. Trigger

Veddy nice, Terry!

brit, 9nein9, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  3. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

Gem Micromatic Bullet Tip
    Gem Stainless PTFE
    Semogue 26mm BC Mistura
    CTAPT SC
    Superior 70 Bay Rum

I have had this razor sitting in my drawer for a few years. I don't use it much and it is my least favorite of the Micromatic line up. I feel like i have to use a little more pressure than my other SE razors (similar to using a tech) and am not a fan. I definitely prefer the ClogPruf and Open Comb. Not a bad shave, but not a very good one either. 2 passes with a slight nick and a bit of irritation. Enjoy your day.

4. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ohhhh wow....didn't know that. Well..in this "business" world, I'm not surprised or shocked.

5. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

God bless both of you! I volunteer at our local hospice center with my faithful service dog, Gromit!
    70323AF9-CFA1-40BB-92C9-30C719AEB102.jpeg

6. jgreenepa

Glad you’re enjoying your break!

7. Paul Turner

Oh, I just got to realizing, since Kathy hasn't been in, you probably wouldn't be either so you can be at home with her.

Keithmax, brit, 9nein9 and 6 others like this.
  8. Paul Turner

That's great you do that :).. And the G dog looks quite dapper!!

brit, wristwatchb, 9nein9 and 5 others like this.
  9. jgreenepa

I don't own a bullet tip, but your review is good enough for me, Dale! You are the ‘Gem’ master with your Streamline, MMCP and MMOC that I know of! That’s one razor I’ll never invest in. Have a good day!

Keithmax, brit, Edison Carter and 6 others like this.
  10. jgreenepa

I’m a cancer survivor, myself, Paul and Gromit is always well-received by the residents and their families.

Keithmax, brit, Edison Carter and 7 others like this.
  11. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

Thanks Gary! :happy088:

12. Boojum1

:thanks:

13. Boojum1

It definitely is a Lather Monster amigo! :happy088:

14. Boojum1

Thank you Jim!

15. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Thank you Jim.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, 9nein9, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
  16. jgreenepa

Great shave, Terry! Hope your grandchildren feel better soon! That Burham is an interesting hoe style razor! Your finding it mild means it would probably be more than suitable for the rest of us! Thanks for sharing the ‘McGyver’ bits. I always enjoy that part of your reports! Hope your shave is better tomorrow! It’s always tough when a razor has a narrow sweet spot! That true for my Seki AS-D2 and H&S No75, both of which have neutral blade exposure. They’re both great shavers, but finding that narrow sweet spot can be a chore as you’re learning your way around the razor.

Keithmax, brit, Edison Carter and 6 others like this.
  17. Trigger

Feb 21
    Good morning gents!
    Straight Razor Shave #149
    C-Mon P. J. Michels 5/8 Square Point
    C-Mon Heritage Collection SHD Badger
    Stirling Satsuma SS and AS
    Nivea ASB
    I am enjoying my week off and so I decided to give myself another hot towel shave. The C-Mon did a very nice job face-lathering the soap on my face. It really is soft with a nice backbone, but it splays easily. The C-Mon/Michels razor is very sharp. On a 41 hr growth, I only needed 2 passes without any touchups to get BBS on face and IBSS + on neck and jawline for an IBSS++ result. I have come to my straight razor journey that I really don't have to have a true BBS because my shaves look like I have one every time. I did get a tiny weep on my right cheek, but it happens and it really didn't mar my shave. I didn't get any irritation and that's always a plus. The Satsuma scent of mandarin oranges was a real day brightener because this scent reminds me of late spring/early summer. It truly is an awesome scent. Splashed the matching aftershav and topped the shave with the Nivea ASB. Have a great Friday fellas! 20200221_082750.jpg 20200221_082750.jpg

18. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Thursday shave
    Gillette Black Beauty
    Kai Day 2
    Omega Boar
    Iris has Moos SS
    Booster Mosswood

[​IMG]

Friday 2/21

Gillette Black Beauty
    Kai Day 3
    Omega Boar
    Coates Lime SC
    Pinaud Lime Sec

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jeff!
    Sorry to hear the kids are under the weather and the razor wasn't up to your standards, Terry.

20. Paul Turner

Boy, the weeks fly by! Here we are again at the day of the week for...your FRIDAY FILES.

-Two new shave products will be available to me, presumably by this week-end. Well, one already IS(purchased at CVS)and the other should arrive today via USPS. The one from CVS is the shaving cream tube from Duke Cannon Co. I look forward to trying it, but I must say, their monster-high shipping, and their frequent use of "no-no" language in describing their company and products will prevent me from purchasing directly from their site. Sticking with CVS for buying their stuff(presuming I like it). When it comes to communicating with potential customers, let me just say "Duke Cannon, you're NO DOC EZLOVAN". The other product(the one presumably arriving today)is a shave soap from Sir Hare Co. This company appears to be the complete antithesis of Duke Cannon, with a decent flat shipping rate, and customers have frequently given high marks to SH's customer service.

-All-Clubman week continues on :). It will end this Sunday. It's been fun.

-I recently learned there really is a "Bill Neumann"! It's the son/grandson(I forget which right now)of the original "William Neumann" who got this company kicked off, or I should say, inspired his family to do so from the way he lived. But to me, I'll still be making the reference to "Bill", although I suppose now I am not being as "clever and witty" as I used to be.

Keithmax, brit, Edison Carter and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.