How’s your day? February 2020

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Sara-s, Feb 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hi all! I hope this month is a good one for you.

I am busy making some bath soaps for a friend, who wants them for a charity project. She wants unscented soaps for some gift packages to give to cancer patients.

2. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

Been fighting flu in the house, Dapper Jr got it first, I think me and the Ms are next on the list. Eyes hurt, send help

3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

It's too late for you. I'm saving myself. Please do not breathe on the internet..:p

BigMike likes this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

That’s a very nice thing to do. When a person is going through chemo, most everything either smells or tastes horrible. I’m sure the unscented soaps will be very much appreciated.

rmcintyre84 and Sara-s like this.
  5. Dapper-in-a-can-man

Dapper-in-a-can-man and Dad-on-hand

I have a nice glass of V8, wanna share?

6. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

The stitches are out of my finger! It's still a bit stiff, though I managed to hem a pair of pants.

7. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Been awhile.......

Having a time of it all lately. Still recovering from having my wisdom tooth extracted. 3 weeks ago. Can almost open my jaw like normal. Tongue is still half numb.
    Prednisone can bite me. Only cause it blows my blood sugar through the roof.

Eye appointment yesterday.... hemorrhaging ....time for another round of injections. yay. Very glad I have such an awesome doctor, though.

And today, quit my job. The environment has been getting more and more toxic over the past year, and there has been many a times I was ready to walk. The straw hit the camel's back today.

The job opportunities out there are pretty good looking, though. Kind of excited.

Think I've managed to catch a cold or flu, too. At least I won't have to call out sick.

Good stuff;
    There's this
    walkway2.jpg
    Four 80 lb bags of concrete, by myself. Moved, mixed, poured, everything.
    Just need sand and pavers that match the flower bed wall.

AGHisBBS, Intrigued, stream26 and 4 others like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Received an updated license from the state showing my third area of professional qualification. Glad that's over with.

AGHisBBS and Queen of Blades like this.
  9. ordinaryshaver

ordinaryshaver Well-Known Member

I was informed I will be laid off in 2 weeks. I've been around long enough that i have contacts in the business, and they told me before it happened. So, now in the process of finding something new.

I've been in the same industry for almost 15 years, so perhaps time for a change.
    It's a bit stressful, just having bought our house, and the baby here, but we will persevere. I've got enough experience to find something else.

My wife's Aunt passed away from a stroke brought on by cancer. She will be taking my 6 month old to North Arkansas, we live in South Central Texas. It will be the first time in 6 months I've been away from him since he was born.

AGHisBBS, gorgo2, Terry and 1 other person like this.
  10. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Sorry for your losses. :(

11. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I envy your positive attitude. And your concrete work.
    God bless.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  12. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

It sounds like you’ve had a tough week, but the walkway turned out great.

Queen of Blades likes this.
  13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

You’re going through some difficult times. Hang in there and good luck with the job search.

14. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

KEEP THE FAITH!
    I've been where your are, but I had 2 kids and one on the way, new house......
    You'll be fine as long as you keep your head on strait and keep looking up!!!
    Good luck!!!

I’m a Great Believer in Luck. The Harder I Work, the More Luck I Have

tp

15. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

Hi folks. It’s a good day today. My hand is healing steadily and I had an enjoyable morning at the local quilt guild. We are preparing for a spring show, which will raise funds for a local charity. Then, when I got home, my new outdoor target arrived.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2020
    SlowRoller47, Terry, brit and 3 others like this.
  16. rmcintyre84

rmcintyre84 Got out of the kitchen

Daddy's Little Shaver, 4 years old (1970).
    Scan_20200220 (2).jpg

Terry, brit, AGHisBBS and 2 others like this.
  17. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

I got to the archery range to find that my bow had a broken part. (Not sure how; I used it just yesterday.). The good new is that a visit to the archery shop resulted in a quick and surprisingly inexpensive repair.

18. ordinaryshaver

About to head into an interview. Hope it turns out positive. Lots of opportunities out here for gainful employment, however, and this isn't an excuse just a reason. With the Wife being a teacher, and the little guy being only 7 months old it's a bit challenging to try and get free time to work in applications. It's almost a part time job filling out applications and following up. Plus, j worked out my 2 weeks notice, so really haven't had the time yet to sit down and finish everything.

Anyhow, send me some good vibes please.

AGHisBBS, Intrigued, Terry and 2 others like this.
  19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

[​IMG]

SlowRoller47 likes this.
  20. ordinaryshaver

Got an appointment for a 2nd interview. Just have to wait to find out when it will be ! Hope this all works out!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.