Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Clauss razor, Gem ptfe stainless despined, shave 2
    [​IMG]

Second go round. Slow deliberate shave with almost no pressure. Unlike the first shave I completely concentrated on what I was doing right down to using as little pressure as possible. End result a BBS shave with no weepers and little to no irritation afterwards. This razor will chew your face up if you don't shave with correct technique. Great razor to break bad habits with if you are into the skilled side of shaving.

jimjo1031, Droo78, BigD and 3 others like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

fabulous pic Mtt.when ever i see that soap it reminds me of this Queen album.. download.jpg ..

BigD and 120inna55 like this.
  3. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

I'd also recommend Connaught shaving in the UK since they ship pretty much worldwide. They have some of the best prices even after international shipping for Personna blades and Schick Proline B-20 injector blades.

And yes those Taconic blades are Personna rebrands like the Ted Pella blades.

Droo78 likes this.
  4. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

That might just be the influence. I'll ask her.

brit likes this.
  5. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Can't get enough of this E2, 1st fixed spring varient.Or using BBS' superior catagory labeling, an E type 4th varient. [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    jimjo1031, Aztecmike, Ron R and 11 others like this.
  6. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Thur 27th Feb.

Cyril Salter / MS. ED2band
    Arran Aromatics Bay Citrus
    Occams Enoch
    Feather Proguard [ 1 ]
    Massimo Dutti A/S Lotion

I changed the blade on the Enoch today, as previously I thought I was rushing Shaves to the detriment of their quality. With the guarded blade the Shave took a bit longer , but I was pleased at the quality of the finished Shave.

IMG_0565.jpg

jimjo1031, BigD, brit and 8 others like this.
  7. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Thursday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cremo Shave Stick
    B-400 Badger
    Stick Schick
    Schick
    CWR
    Cella Balsamo Dopobarba

The Cremo Shave Stick face-lathered well with the B-400 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Stick Schick with a Schick blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella Balsamo Dopobarba. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

jimjo1031, BigD, brit and 10 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Thur Feb 27th 2020- this a interesting razor design for installing gem blades.

Razor: Eveready 1924 (Shovel head) + E.R strop Streamline handle- MFG 1924-33
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (6)
    Soap: Razorock Don Marco- Very nice citrus scent with good lather properties.
    Brush: Razorock Plissoft 24 mm- Great little brush.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera Gel on beard.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Alum + cold water rinse.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici aftershave with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results :CCS,DFS,BBS + Alum indicated no irritation + 1 tiny blemish weeper= [​IMG] Great shave

SOTD,Feb 27th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

jimjo1031, BigD, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  9. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

The shovel head looks really good on the streamline handle.

Ron R likes this.
  10. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Autostrop A1 with a modified Gem stainless steel ptfe blade, shave 4.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

After using the Clauss I had to give this razor a go. I used to think this was an aggressive razor well after the Clauss this razor is like a child's toy. I tried this with almost no pressure which is hard to do since you don't have much blade to know what is going on but managed an almost BBS shave. If I had used more pressure I would have gotten there but I also would have had some irritation and a few weepers which I had none of either shaving this way.

Bird Lives, BigD, Aztecmike and 7 others like this.
  11. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I just received a Schick Type E razor with Schick injector blades. I believe it is an E3 because the bar guard has parallel groves and the spring is fixed. I primarily use straights and shavettes. I have a Shake Sharp SE, so the Schick is my second SE. How is the shave on the E injector razors?

BigD, GAW9576, Jayaruh and 1 other person like this.
  12. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Yep sounds like an E3 as long as the razor has 1 patent number on the left side of the razor head. If it has 2 patent numbers then it is a Type G.

Assuming it is an E3 it is one of the better injectors for something that isn't overly aggressive. It is not mild but more so smooth and efficient.

https://theshaveden.com/forums/threads/schick-type-e-injectors-for-dummies.63548/

GAW9576, Edison Carter and Trigger like this.
  13. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks, it does only have one patent number on the left side of the razor head.

GAW9576 and Edison Carter like this.
  14. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Fri 28th Feb.

RazoRock Syn. 24mm
    P & B Citra Royale
    ATT SE1 / Windrose handle
    Schick Proline [ 4 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Nice to be back to an old favourite, am afraid that so far neither of my recent Razor additions [ Enoch & Hiram] can match the performance of this Razor . Despite the Shave seeming very short lived, not only was it smooth and comfortable but the closeness of the all round finish was Top Notch too.

IMG_0566.jpg

jimjo1031, BigD, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Friday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Cremo Shave Stick
    B-400 Badger
    Stick Schick
    Schick
    CWR
    Cella Balsamo Dopobarba

The Cremo Shave Stick face-lathered well with the B-400 Badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Stick Schick with a Schick blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Cella Balsamo Dopobarba. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  16. Linuxguile

Linuxguile dating an unusual aristocrat

SOTD Focused February 28th
    [​IMG]

Stirling Mentholated Pre-Shave Soap
    RazoRock SS Hawk V1
    Feather Professional Super (6)
    Yaqi Ruby Red (24mm, Frigate Class)
    RazoRock XXX soap
    Country Club Sweet Water AS

Sent from my Galaxy using Tapatalk

jimjo1031, MPF9, BigD and 10 others like this.
  17. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Fri Feb 28th 2020

Razor : Gem push button model- MFG 1958-65 one of the best looking Gems they made in the Gold and black IMO.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (7)
    Soap : Italian barber Aimci- nice mild citrus scent with great lather qualities.
    Brush : Yaqi tuxedo knot 24 mm ( Sagrada Familia) named after a great Cathedral in Barcelona Spain.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Razorock Amici with witch Hazel + Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Great shave!

SOTD Feb 28th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

18. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had a great shave with these two beauties today.

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, MPF9, BigD and 6 others like this.
  19. Aztecmike

Aztecmike George

20200228_143737_resize_35.jpg

February 28th, 2020

Schick Type H2 - "The Deb"
    Rite-Aid injector blade (5)
    KMF Shave Cream - Peaceful Patchouli
    Razorock Barber 24 Plissoft
    Pinaud Clubman Aftershave

Last edited: Mar 3, 2020
    jimjo1031, MPF9, BigD and 6 others like this.
  20. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Autostrop B2, Gem ptfe stainless, shave 5
    [​IMG]

I have to say this is my best Autostrop razor I own. Whether that is due to design or accident I don't know, what I do know with these razors is the higher the guard lifts the blade the more blade edge/tip is able to make contact with the face. This one lifts the blade the highest of all that I own and it maybe because the comb was slightly bent upwards or the lever can push the guard up some more. Again light as possible pressure and a BBS finish with no irritation or weepers. I should be able to get even closer shaves as I experiment some more with skin stretching added into the mix. Usually my response is to jab the razor into the skin when it doesn't cut as good as it can on certain parts of the face. That is a bad habit light pressure forces you to stop doing by concentrating on the minimalist of contact instead of making any contact regardless of pressure applied.

With all that said it still ain't no Clauss for blade contact and feel.

jimjo1031, Jayaruh, Droo78 and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.