Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    I think it's going to hit the U.S. in a big way.

Sadly, the death of millions of elderly and immune compromised individuals will probably prove to be an economic net positive. Social security might become solvent again, and Medicaid and Medicare will be better off without so many users.

It will be a race against time to see if the vaccine is ready before a mass outbreak occurs on American soil.

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Respectfully disagree. It would take several major thought and policy reforms for that to happen, and that ain't ever going to happen. I have no expectation of seeing one cent of what I've been robbed of since 1987.

PLANofMAN likes this.
  3. SevenEighth

SevenEighth Well-Known Member

This UK Doctor's channel is quite interesting:

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. Bama Samurai

Bama Samurai with Laser-like Focus

Google Smith-Mundt Act repeal 2012

Turn off media. Spend time with people in the present reality at your locale.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

BigMike likes this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

"Forewarned is forearmed" is a biblical principle:

"A prudent man foreseeth the evil and hideth himself: but the simple pass on and are punished."

Enrico and BigMike like this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

He says containing it is now the best bet, but the genie is already out of the bottle. That would require nation by nation containment, which is going to be very interesting to see once it begins to spread across the European mainland.

BigMike likes this.
  7. Chuck Naill

Chuck Naill Well-Known Member

And then some group will invent a conspiracy theory that the vaccine is an attempt of the government/the Devil to take over your mind. When I was listening to the current head last night I couldn't help but think the intent was to get the stock marketing going again, and if it works to keep things going for another four years.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2020
  8. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Yes, China still has many areas of poverty, but they also have many areas of high wealth, and standards of living equal to or better than many cities in the U. S. This is a photo of Wuhan, the place where most of the Coronavirus deaths to date have occurred. Wuhan-Hubei-Province-China.jpg

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    gorgo2 likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Correct! We will know if that theory will hold up once it starts to spread through Europe.

BigMike likes this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Fair enough. It happens.

:think002:

But that right there's a conspiracy theory too.

11. Chuck Naill

It is empirical, however.

12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

A head who says nothing about it, on the other hand, would be slammed for saying nothing about it. People who are going to find a reason to complain no matter who it is, what is said or not said, or what the topic is, are going to do so.

In this case, to your specific point, something needs to be said when some are trying to scare investors and take advantage of a potential crisis with short selling. That will drive down, and may crash, the markets. This is a fact but I know neither of us wants that to happen.

In any event, barring a complete SHTF scenario, the virus is going to peter out - they all do eventually - and the market will recover.

Keithmax likes this.
  13. Chuck Naill

Like I said, I’ve been making observations going back to 2014. If you only tell people what they want to hear,‘you’re doing potential harm. And, you need to be informed or listen to those who do which the current head has sadly avoided. I’ve never considered myself particularly smart, but I listen to those who do who have no selfish agenda other than provide objective information.

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

At the moment, short selling and possibly tanking the market is a more immediate threat to way more Americans than corona is.

Jim99 likes this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

16. Chuck Naill

I read this type of source for the seriousness of COV 19
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html

17. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    I kinda like my odds where I live

I really don't like that China left the rest of the world hanging, they need to pay us all back before we let them back into the World Market JMHO

I am just watching Cali and places like Seattle with Huge Homeless Populations if it gets loose there it might be time to pull the Steel door on the Underground Bunker closed... TEOTWAWKI Baby

Jim99 and stuartganis like this.
  18. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Funny things

#1 Go back to when this thread started on Jan 31st and re-read all the things that were proved wrong Hmmmmm

#2 Have no fear

[​IMG]

19. speedster

speedster Well-Known Member

And I've been making observations going back to at least 1982 -- history really does have an infamous tendency to repeat itself. :signs011:

gssixgun likes this.
  20. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Well....
    I saw this.

Who's to say...
    not me

gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.