The Straight Razor Acquisition Thread

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by DaltonGang, Aug 3, 2017.

1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Krusius Brothers
    "KB Extra"
    11/16th
    1/4 Hollow
    Germany

I cheated a little, and buffed it up a some. I try to post pics in this thread, of razors, as I get them. There was a little oxidation on it, but it came off quickly. I have never heard of this maker, and rolled the dice.
    Anyone know much, or anything about this brand??

P2271295.JPG

P2271295.JPG

P2271296.JPG

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 18, 2020
    Karl G, Steve56, Keithmax and 6 others like this.
  2. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

Very good brand .Wonderful steel .You will be very happy once you hone the blade .

3. M14Shooter

M14Shooter Well-Known Member

I love how my Japanese Royal Razor shaves .Awesome steel and quality .The Double Duck Golden Edge are wonderful shavers as well .I like to finish my Golden edge on a Escher .

Karl G, Steve56, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  4. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

I have wanted one but in this condition they are always too expensive. As far as finish all I have is shapton M5 12k. I really need to get at least a good JNAT. I also need to learn how to set the bevel properly. I am using shapton 1k and I can set the bevel it's just I end up taking so much off the spine to get the bevel set.

Karl G, M14Shooter, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  5. TestDepth

TestDepth Well-Known Member

A new to me Brown Razor Works 7/8 Spanish point made its way to my hands recently.

I had been on the lookout for one of his semi-custom “production” razors... and happy this one popped up.

82FDA452-8256-4F80-8F4C-E05309826E24.jpeg

I’ve been lucky to use a couple of his full customs, and appreciate his grinding talents. And this one is a healthy 7/8+ and feels great in hand.

Happy hunting.
    Tom

Karl G, Steve56, DaltonGang and 6 others like this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Wow, she is a big one.

Looks bigger than 7/8. I have never seen a vintage US razor that big.

Nice!

Karl G, esvh and TestDepth like this.
  7. TestDepth

Thanks Keith. I figured if you enjoyed a BRW, it was a good stamp of approval. :eatdrink047:

Karl G and M14Shooter like this.
  8. Steve56

Steve56 Hone Hoarder

Both the seller and another person who has one thought that it might be short, but it’s the same length as the one he has. This thing is just wide. The cutting edge is 2-3/4” and the length nose to the back of the stabilizer is the usual 3”. It’s a full 7/8” to the spine shoulder, and maybe another 1/16” to the top of the spine. The proportions of this blade threw everyone off.
    166E1938-5D1D-48FE-8E5A-C769F23B2CFA.jpeg

71BDF921-9169-4251-A550-88EAC2079772.jpeg

Keithmax, Karl G, esvh and 6 others like this.
  9. speedster

speedster Well-Known Member

Not a hen’s tooth like Steve’s gigantic Clauss, but this is a pretty sweet NOS Yasuki steel “New Azuma” kamisori. Looking forward to pushing this “terror stick” across the hones this weekend:

36029AA1-FD5D-46D3-B81C-74026D8ABA89.jpeg 262DF773-A89C-4204-85C3-FFF1D59F20D5.jpeg

Keithmax, Karl G, atbat82 and 10 others like this.
  10. DaltonGang

Wade & Butcher
    "Special"
    Sheffield.
    6/8th+
    Full Hollow

I bought this one for a steal, on the Bay. It has some surface rust, that should come off easily. The Scales have one crack, in an easy place to fix. Another project razor. :scared011:

P3021298.JPG

P3021301.JPG

RezDog, Keithmax, Karl G and 6 others like this.
  11. Suhrim21

Suhrim21 Well-Known Member

Here are the CMON razors and a Goldenedge I got recently. I was beside myself with the Golden edge as I have wanted one in good condition with gold intact but those normally go for 150-200. The one I got also came with a really good dubl duck imperial russian strop for 100. I honed it and waiting to be able to use it. Last shave was bad. I was in a rush and tore my face to hell.

Attached Files:

12. DaltonGang

That is one beautiful collection. Very impressive. C-MON razors, are one of my favorites. :happy088::happy088:

Karl G and Edison Carter like this.
  13. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

The lot of four Lunds arrived yesterday from a clean up and fine honing by @gssixgun. Here’s a first look:
    Lund 9:16 four day set.jpeg

Pretty sweet, right?

Well they are but... they are not full size. Here’s a comparison to my regular sized Lund of the same shape:

03FA207C-4AEA-4000-9DA5-7990FABAF9B1.jpeg

EB4DC9FB-B28E-4909-99A0-6F497E12825C.jpeg

Still nice razors but not what I thought I had bargained for - caveat emptor. :kngt:

Last edited: Mar 5, 2020
    alex1921, speedster, RezDog and 6 others like this.
  14. DaltonGang

I know you, you were seeing only Ivory. They still look very nice.

15. DaltonGang

Charlior
    EMDE.
    Made in Germany
    13/16+inch.
    Full Hollow

This razor just arrived. It looks like it was meant for the French market. The pictures on The Bay were pretty bad, so I took a chance on it., and won it for $10.50. The razor looks fantastic, and has some really nice spine work. It doesnt have any spine wear, but needs a new bevel. I don't think this one has had one properly set.
    If any of you knows about this razor, please let me know. Also, what does EDME stand for?

P3061304.JPG

P3061309.JPG

Last edited: Mar 6, 2020
    alex1921, BearCWY, GAW9576 and 7 others like this.
  16. DaltonGang

All I could find, from past posts, is that it could be one of two makers with the last name of Emde, and possibly made between 1909-1939.

Karl G and Edison Carter like this.
  17. TestDepth

Great score Scott. The spine work is gorgeous.:happy088:

Karl G and DaltonGang like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

cool razor..

19. BearCWY

BearCWY Well-Known Member

A beautiful razor Scott, I love the spine work on it. I have a razor with similar spine work but from England.

20. DaltonGang

If you have pics, I would love to see that razor. Especially the spine.

Karl G and esvh like this.