Wade & Butcher Blade w/Lacewood Scales

Discussion in 'Razor Restoration' started by str8razor, May 1, 2007.

1. str8razor

str8razor New Member

This razor has an old Wade & Butcher blade that is 7/8 wide at the widest point and is ready to shave.

The scales are Lacewood with five slanted indentations and several coats of sanded and polished CA (cyanoacralate {super glue}) as the finish.

The collars are Daisy pins with Brass pins to give the Daisys a yellowish center.

The Lacewood scales are lined with brass to give them extra support plus the custom made wedge adds to the overall glamor of this razor.

:happy108 :happy108 :happy108

Attached Files:

2. C utz

C utz New Member

Lookin' good!

One thing that I have done with those pin collars is, if you hammer those flat, they look more 'flower-like', or closer to those 'rosette' collars of old.

The scales have a great finish, and I like the pattern in that wood!!

C utz

3. str8razor

str8razor New Member

Thanks Chris I will try that next time.
    How have you been? It has been a while since I have seen your name around, well on the SRP.com forum that is. I haven't been foruming (is that a word, well I guess it is now, :D LOL) much lately so thought that I would come over here and see what is going on.

4. mercV12

mercV12 Member

A feast for the eyes! Most excellent!!:signs021

5. PalmettoB

PalmettoB The Old Guard

Dang, that looks SWEET!

6. moviemaniac

moviemaniac Tool Time

I'd love to shave with that one - great job! ::

7. C utz

C utz New Member

Hey Bill, I've been good! Good to see you back around too. I usually am in the 'restoration' section trying to learn. When I caught wind of this forum, I was happy to find some of SRP.com's former restoration guru's!

I see you have been working on some restorations too!

Great work!
    C utz

(some day I'll find the time/energy to work with CA)