Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

Mostly Thailand. More fun.

They "favor" socialized medicine because pretty much every industrialized nation except one has adopted it.

Sent from my LG-US998 using Tapatalk

2. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Italy has socialized medical care.
    Everything is free.
    No ticky no laundry.

DaltonGang likes this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

My youngest wanted to see the madness, at one of our big grocery store, last night. She kept commenting on how stupid people were acting. All we picked up was some Butter, Half and Half, cream cheese, tortillas, and seasoned beef fajitas.
    While in line, an older lady and husband were in front of me, and had 4 packs of baby wipes, small sized. The cashier told her she was only allowed two. The old couple seemed pretty distraught. I told her I would buy it for her, and to put it in with my stuff. The little cashier said I couldnt do that. I said I sure can, and what I do with it after I buy it, was none of her business. The older lady was very happy, but I felt sorry for the husband, he just seemed embarrassed and helpless. My daughter was happy we helped, and got a valuable lesson on how to help others.
    I'm a little disgusted with how people are behaving, during this entire thing.

4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Waffle House was normal this morning. And good, as always.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

If people simply kept their hands washed/sanitized and keep a reasonable breathing distance between each other, there will be little reason for panic. But even under normal conditions, I regularly see people sneezing and coughing into the open air without a thought. Maybe that's just Florida, though.

DaltonGang and Keithmax like this.
  6. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Please try to avoid politics, folks. The healthcare discussion is bordering on political.

Check Facebook for eggs. Plenty of chicken parents everywhere.
    I'm getting a dozen eggs from my hens daily.
    Eggs do not require refrigeration.

7. Queen of Blades

If they aren't testing, they can't have accurate numbers. Their death rate is off.

Shaver X, speedster, BigMike and 3 others like this.
  8. joamo

joamo Well-Known Member

Just checked E-bay, search toilet paper sort by Price +shipping highest first.

9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

True that!

It's been reported that some of the early tests used had leaned to unacceptable false negatives rates.
    All tests in the medical arena have some errors inherent to them, it's unavoidable.
    The CDC wanted to use a test regiment that was proven accurate, so that delayed testing here in the states.
    Being so new, it's hard to sort things out so quickly, you need subjects that have it, to prove test reliability.

In my state we're at corona defcon 4.
    Schools are closed, people are staying home, business are shut down and the next thing could be total state quarantine.
    Will be like this for at least a fortnight, maybe longer.
    Not many have tested positive so far.
    But if you can't leave your home, testing will be hampered, to say the least.
    I'm ok where I live, so far.
    What worries me is if people run out of necessities. Those who weren't prepared, might get ornery.
    Sad but true.
    Take care!

tp

Keithmax and barbersurgeon like this.
  10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

The supermarket I frequent had a lot of empty shelves yesterday. I figured it had to pertain to the corona virus. But then I ask myself....In what way??At first, before coming to the corona virus thought, I wondered if the place was closing down. But then there hasn't been any news about it.

Enrico likes this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Since I lived in Africa in 2015, I haven't refrigerated my eggs. From what I've seen and heard, refrigerating eggs is mostly an American thing.

:eatdrink013:

Erik Redd likes this.
  12. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Italy reportedly up to 1,400 dead which they attribute to corona. 1,900 recovered.

BigMike and Terry like this.
  14. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    The oddity of the Federal Government

Being a semi Retired Old Fart, the wife and I decided that I would be perfect to do the 2020 Census, Make a little money to pay for our Boat slip and Fuel this coming Summer

So as the country comes to a grinding halt, Ten's of Thousands of us that signed up will be heading out starting TODAY to knock on your doors

I kid you not, I just got my Download of addresses

15. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Interesting......
    tp

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

In my line of work, no one stays home for just allergies or colds; at no point did I ever have a fever, according to my trusty old mercury thermometer. I normally run low anyway but never broke 98° and lungs have stayed clear.
    Cold/allergy combo, have had it before, as this year has been exceptionally bad for pollen in Florida.

Keithmax likes this.
  17. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

Yep, no toilet paper in any of the stores I went to.

Enrico likes this.
  18. Queen of Blades

Me too. But not starting til April 1st.

gssixgun likes this.
  19. Queen of Blades

Time to DIY that? :D

20. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers