Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    So I met about 25 people of all ages today, although we were NOT trained to do so, I stayed over 6 feet away, asked the few questions I needed to, and handed them their Envelope using my gloved hand.. It was freaking cold out so leather gloves not "Plague Gloves" hehehehe
    I didn't shake one hand

A few of them said "Thank You" when they realized that I was respecting their space

BUT

I live in the boonies, I dove over 52 miles to touch base with maybe 35 houses, I could not imagine doing this in a city especially inside an Apartment building where you could not be at least 6 feet away

To be honest I moved away from each door more because so many up here have unsocial dogs than fear of germs :p

2. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Just a little FYI info, a sneeze can expel droplets 19-26 feet. But the dogs are probably more dangerous. I was on a.call, last week and was attacked by two Yorkies. One was humping my leg, and the other was just running around me. Too cute to drop kick.

3. DaltonGang

You are sooo right.
    Me, I've always lived my life thinking if God wanted me sick, it was going to happen, whether I was overly cautious or not. I just try not to be stupid. I have never had a Cold or the Flu. I dont disinfect myself, all day long, but do wash my hands when in public, after touching door knobs, and after workouts at the gym. Other people are nasty.

4. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I actually worry more about the panic than the illness. I see national lockdown by the end of the week. Possibly martial law and curfews etc. depending on how people react to the restrictions.

Keithmax, DaltonGang and gorgo2 like this.
  6. Redfisher

Mac and cheese and a couple cookies. Happy

7. Redfisher

I do have have other means to survive.

8. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

Well, this boy is currently in home quarantine, awaiting the results of my Covid 19 test. They ruled out everything else.... Takes 4-5 days to get the results....

upload_2020-3-15_20-31-46.jpeg

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020
    Keithmax, DaltonGang, gorgo2 and 3 others like this.
  9. Redfisher

I hope you do OK Prayers out

jeraldgordon likes this.
  10. jeraldgordon

jeraldgordon TSD's Mascot

The irony is, I’m almost well now. But... I’m an emergency room nurse, so they can’t let me back to work without the test!

Keithmax, DaltonGang and Enrico like this.
  11. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Hospital where my wife works, set up outdoor tents for tests.

Drive up should be operating by now.

Results estimate, 24-36 hours.

A guy at work took off 2 days last week for a cold. 1 day for himself and 1 day for his wife They usually require a Physician release for 3 days. He was told to get one. He went to the quick care, where they took his temperature, did the stethoscope thing and cleared him with a note. Work might require a release for a single day now.

Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  12. jaro

jaro the dread and the fear

Some radio stations are now giving toilet paper as prizes.... It definitely getting crazy

DaltonGang likes this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Exactly.

14. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My wife and I ventured out yesterday evening to Walmart to buy cat food. Before you guys say anything, the cat belongs to my daughter and her new apartment doesn’t allow cats, so we’re stuck with him.

Anyway... the store was empty of paper goods, cleaning supplies, food (cat food also) and people. It looked as though it was the apocalypse and my wife and I were the only two survivors. The employees all wore masks and stayed far away from each other. The store had a few remaining cans of friskies left on the shelves, so we immediately grabbed what we could and then hightailed it out of there.

I did manage to convince my wife that we needed to go down the shaving aisle. “But honey, this will only take a minute “. Other than an aftershave or two, I didn’t see anything worth examining, so out to the self check we went. We used their courtesy sanitizer and ran to the car.

Fun outing!

Edison Carter, brit, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Heading out this morning to explore the ruins of Publix.

BigD, Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  16. DaltonGang

My prediction:
    In my area, there will be less panic, and a return to normalcy, by the end of this week.

Edison Carter likes this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

18. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Hopefully our toilet paper last till then. :happy102:

:eatdrink013:

DaltonGang likes this.
  19. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

"When Adam was a little boy and paper not invented
    he wiped his a$$ upon the grass