Jayaruh Owners Club

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Jayaruh, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    Who made your horn, Lloyd?

Trigger likes this.
  2. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Handmade in Paris by Henri Selmer...a Balanced Model, K modified, finished in June 1959.

I posted that pic so I could save it at a lower def. Then I thought I deleted it...Sorry about hijacking...

Hey did you guys know JR is a musician aswell?...Thats why I answered his question in such detail.

He's a Tuba player, who has accompanied Doc Severinsen, in concert! This cat's artistry knows no bounds...

This business about my horn, doesn't really belong on this thread...I started it by accident...I'm going to move most of it somewhere more approriate..

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  3. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Proud owner here of JR #394, a very special brush from TSD's very own Master Craftsman, @Jayaruh. It is beautiful, and my photos simply don't do it justice.

Jim, thank you for blessing me with a fantastic brush. This will be a permanent fixture in my Den, and I'll always remember the humble and kind gentleman that crafted it for me. Thank you, my friend!

JR 394 1.jpg JR 394 2.jpg JR 394 3.jpg

jimjo1031, Droo78, Jayaruh and 5 others like this.
  4. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Jim,
    If don't find who wanted your 400th brush, I'll take it. And I'll leave it to you about it's specifics.
    I'd be honored to place it beside ole#7, and remember and know its been a wonderful ride. DSCF8328-1.jpeg 20170813_091200_resized.jpg

5. wristwatchb

I bet ole #7 works as good at it looks, David. I hope you get JR #400. It will be fun to see what Jim builds for you.

6. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Jayaruh #404 is a special creation for @riverrun. It is on its way to the UK even now. This Tuxedo knot measures 32mm at the base.

jr404_05.jpg

jimjo1031, Droo78, CrustyCat and 3 others like this.
  7. riverrun

riverrun Well-Known Member

I might have to order a bigger face :)

8. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    :rofl::happy097::happy068:

Trigger and Edison Carter like this.
  9. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Congratulations to our newest member of JROC, @SilverSwarfer , who has just adopted Jayaruh #321 and #344.

JR#321.jpg

JR#344.jpg

jimjo1031, CrustyCat, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  10. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Trigger and SilverSwarfer like this.
  11. SilverSwarfer

SilverSwarfer Well-Known Member

Hey, I didn’t realize this came with special credentials and congratulations... already enjoying my purchase before I’ve even received the package! There’s a first for me.

Thanks Jim and Bill.

Trigger, wristwatchb, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Supporting Vendor
    Mauris in NJ has adopted #396 and #405
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

jimjo1031, Droo78, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  13. wristwatchb

April 14

Parker SRX
    Voskhod (1)
    JR # 394 Bolivian Rosewood handle w/Cross medallion in base, inlaid Celtic Cross, and 26 mm Maggard's SHD two-band fan knot
    Eufros Tierra Humeda (Wet Earth) soap
    Alum, Thayers WH, Stirling USB/Almond Oil, Floid Vigoroso, & Aramis EdT

JR #394 made its long-awaited debut, and it performs even better than it looks. The Maggard SHD two-bander has great backbone, yet feels soft. Additionally, the handle has a nice weight due to the medallion in the base, and it feels really good in hand. The handle, along with the 26mm knot, is just about the perfect size for me.

IMO, it's easily the world's finest @Jayaruh brush. Thank you again, Jim, for creating this masterpiece for my Den.

SOTD_041420.jpg

14. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Both of these brush are beautiful and continue to deliver phenomenal lather volume. Great feel on the face!

jgreenepa likes this.
  15. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Joe:
    Welcome to TSD: it’s Jeff Greene from ‘The Shaving Bowl” and “East Coast Wet Shavers”! I know you’re an experienced straight razor shaver and wet shaver. We’ll all benefit from each other’s know-how! You should join us at the 30DC thread, it’s a hoot, lot of great guys! Great to have you here!

Edison Carter likes this.
  16. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Jeff,
    Thank you for the welcome. I will definitely check out the 30 DC thread.

17. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

Jeff,
    Where might I find the DC30 thread?

jgreenepa likes this.
  18. jgreenepa

Look under Forums-
    Shave School -
    April 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pic snd Discussion

19. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

5B3B17DC-467E-438C-87EF-0D488EF20A6E.jpeg 08A3BB7B-9C55-4393-A42C-D4A3C2122E56.jpeg

Mail call- the Jayruh #410 boar has arrived. Beautiful craftsmanship. Thank you Jim.

20. jgreenepa

My four brushes, a synth, two Boars, and a Silvertip Badger
    EBD5E517-D6DF-4B46-96D2-6D41383BC23C.jpeg B1F9E345-4249-4EAA-A20E-7BA2D8849A5B.jpeg

Ron R, jimjo1031, 9nein9 and 4 others like this.