How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Got home on Wednesday night.

I've been swamped since I've been back though.

2. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Hey Dom, it's good to see you here. Glad you made it back safely.

3. burningdarkness

burningdarkness Woot Off

Thanks, Tom.

How have you been?

4. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Can someone lend me the fast forward button?
    Too many hours left in this shift and not enough hours of sleep debt slept off today. :whacky098

5. TomPike

TomPike Active Member

Hey Dom. I'm good, thanks. Too darned caught up in Facebook games. Must quit, must quit, must quit (my new mantra). ;)

Here you go, Greg:

[​IMG]

Hope that helps! :D

6. Adeptus_Minor

Rawk.

Actually, I'm making another half pot of coffee.
    A wee bit more of the brown acid should keep me going.

So... I think I'm going crazy(er?).
    I've been thinking about straight razors.
    I already have one that I've had lying around for a couple of years. I think I mentioned doing a little clean-up on it the other day.
    I need to figure out who I want to send it to for honing and what kind of strop I want to spend on.
    I'm in no real rush... my DE's are serving me just fine... it's just something that's been appealing to me of late.
    Any thoughts?

7. Adeptus_Minor

It might make more sense if I posted questions in the 'Straight Razors' section, wouldn't it? :rolleyes:

8. Thegentleman

Thegentleman New Member

Sitting here at 3:00am putting in time reading through posts...waiting for the hospital to call to I can pick up my mother from the emergency room..man they take forever..

9. MsBlackwolf

MsBlackwolf Queen of Critters

Hope she's going to be all right.

10. Corey

Corey Member

On SRP, the general consensus seemed to be that Lynn or gssixgun are the people to send the razor to for honing. I believe that gssixgun posts here as well. I've also heard that leighton is another good one. In fact, I picked up a very nice straight from leighton a few months ago that was in excellent shaving condition and sent out my Japanese straight and the blade from my Rolls Razor to him for honing/sharpening just last week.

As for strops, it looks like a Tony Miller paddle strop is well received. I picked up the strop from the TSD store and it's excellent. It's nice and wide, which I really like, and the quality is top notch, of course.

11. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Good morning everyone. Back into the 4AM swing of things again! Woo hoo?

I hate the night after a lot of driving. I think I dreamt that I was driving for most of the night. Nothing like relaxing after 7 hours of driving to dreams of idiots driving, swerving to avoid obstacles, slamming breaks to avoid suddenly stopped cars, going off road, etc... in my dreams.

Sorry to hear about the ER visit, I hope all is well...

I have been there and am still there. My SE/DE are great and give great results but I just had to try a straight to get it out of my system.

Now in regards to going crazy.. :happy102

gssixgun did a fabulous job on a Genco for me. Others here on TSD do this service as well, some of the HYD members have also used JoeD.

As for strops, Pam set me up with a great "BlackWolf" strop

12. Adeptus_Minor

Interesting.
    Guess I might need to sign up over at SRP as well.
    I do lurk there now and then but never have signed up.

Any opinions on hanging strops?
    They appeal to me aesthetically and I don't see that sagging would be a big problem.

13. Corey

Corey Member

The strop from TSD, without a doubt. That thing hangs bone straight and is top notch. It's a massive shame that I infrequently use straights because that thing just doesn't get the use it deserves. I hope the japanese straight comes back and agrees with me more than the other straights, just so I can use it again.

14. Adeptus_Minor

That's kind of the direction I was leaning, but the Russian Leather Illinois strops look nice too, and for a little less.

I dunno, like I said, I'm not in a hurry. I'll keep researching.

15. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

So, Dom,

Did everything fit okay? I wanna see pics. :D

16. micah1_8

I like it! It's a little greasier than I'm used to, but then, balms tend to be. It really takes only one pump even though the directions say 2. I usually just do a half-pump at that. (context thread, here I come!) I've still got some left if you really wanna try it. It smells nice, all old-spicey!

17. gatto

gatto *Not a dude*

so my sleep pattern no longer follows logic. Last night even though I was super tired it took me 2 hours to fall asleep (some time around midnight) then this morning I randomly woke up at 5:30 AM wide awake but sleepy at the same time. mehhhhhhh I need this week to go fast but at the same time I want it to go really slowly because 2 weeks from now is the last day I'll be seeing Sean for at least a month or two and possibly until the end of november.

18. micah1_8

I think it must be something in the air. I had the "jimmy legs" last night and couldn't get to sleep if my life depended on it. Took for-ever, then I woke up a half dozen times before the alarm went off. I've been dragazin all day.

19. Corey

Corey Member

Dear Etoyoc,

Please don't post pictures of really cool razors. I enjoy my money in the bank.

Sincerely,

Corey
    New owner of a sweet Repeater

[​IMG]

20. burnWood

burnWood Mizzou Fan, YMMV

Why are there pics of shave stuff in the HYD thread?:eek:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.