How's Your Day? Archives

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Shep, Nov 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corey

Corey Member

A little change o' pace. :D

2. sol92258

sol92258 I have no earthly idea

3. Corey

Corey Member

Is that stuff made in New York City?

4. sol92258

:rofl:rofl

no, that's the "other" stuff :happy097
    those were great commercials!

"Git a rope!"

5. sol92258

And so it hath begun...

the school year is at 80% swing, and hitting 115% on Monday.
    I'm not looking forward to it this year because it is going to affect the heck out of me....not complaining, but this year's going to be a challenge, and my presence here is probably going to be minimized - I know, I know, no hurt feelings on ya'll's end, but I'll be sad.
    I won't be dropping off, but the frequent visits I've enjoyed will be a memory.
    Added work responsibilities (Yay! - $$$; Boo - more work), wife going to grad school; kids piano, dance, soccer, etc.
    I'm overwhelmed just thinking about it.

It is going to be a very busy year, and look forward to the venting, relaxing, and stress relief that is TSD

6. Corey

Corey Member

Sounds like you've got your hands full in the coming months. Don't lose your sanity in all this.

7. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

first day back was crazy... there were technology issues all over the school to troubleshoot. Yes, I am technically just a teacher, but the tech people are overworked and nobody wants to wait.... Days like today I am the tech department in my building. The other 7th grade science teacher just got word her father had a stroke so she was out of it today. I found out the plans for my daughter in the afternoon fell through so had to figure out what to do with her between the time she gets out and the time I get out...

I was frazzled by the time I got home... and wow, 4 packages in front of the door... woo hoo! An ER stropper with DE attachment, that Henckels DE, some containers from elements bath and body, and Parker "90R" Open Comb. It was purchased by Goshawk with a few others from a Canadian grocery store. It is clearly labeled Parker and 90R but it is not the TTO - it is open comb!

Oh well, I got some swag to clean up before the Mrs. gets home.

8. jfever311

jfever311 Active Member

It all comes down to one thing. Who wants it the most?

9. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Sorry Corey... The odd thing is, I usually don't post pictures do I? Links, yes....

Looks like a sweet repeater. I like the 4 piece travel razor as well.

10. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Wait... what? :happy102

Evening, guys.
    I'm about to start getting ready for work.
    Thank goodness it's just an 8 hour shift tonight.
    I've pretty much convinced myself that I'm going to be ill tomorrow night and use 8 hours of my month+ of sick time. ;)
    For the most part I'm not one to take much time off, especially given the mini-vaca's I get every month or so after my long week. But Wednesday (which would be my first day off by the rotation) is my birthday and I don't feel like spending it tired and grumpy from the previous night's shift.
    I think I can be forgiven, right?

11. sol92258

yes, take the time off!

12. micah1_8

micah1_8 Poor Heartless Prevert

How's my day?

I'll tell you how my day is.

It's 9:30 and I'm still at work.

That's how my day is.

A+ client install shouldn't be this freakin' hard. :mad:

stinkin' jre.

13. sol92258

good golly man!
    A+ gets a B- in my book...fortunately:
    1) I don't have to deal with it much; and
    2) you could be "saving time...":D

14. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

OHHH MY! :(

So sorry to hear this, my friend. It does make me feel better to know that at least you got a decent lunch. :rolleyes: ...but only a little.

15. profsaffel

profsaffel The a**s go marching one by one

I feel bad for you, but I hope that last year was my 'difficult' year. Although this year will be far from stress free (I'm going back to grad school... again) and teaching four or five college classes on top of my regular load, I still think I've made the right decision.

16. sol92258

yeah, the year isn't going to be so much a difficult one for me outright (I DO have the extra work duties, but that's not a big deal), but rather taking up the slack to help my wife as she A) transitions to a new school district and new subject (science/social studies), and B) starts grad school
    now I know why we both felt last April it was time to step down from youth minister position

17. rickboone

rickboone Member

My day was crummy. One of the few I've had in an extremely long time. When my son fell asleep on me tonight it made it all better though. I also have been learning quite a bit peeking about here.

18. Dridecker

Dridecker Sherlock

Welcome to the HYD thread Rick! Always happy to have new guests in the loony bin!

Kids have a way of calming nerves.... At least till they get older. :D

19. Etoyoc

Etoyoc Backwards

Good morning everyone - hope you all have a pleasant day. Off to school I go.

20. Adeptus_Minor

Adeptus_Minor Active Member

Two hours left here... hooray.
    Think I'm going to stop for breakfast on the way home again this morning.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.