The Stirling Exchange

Discussion in 'Shave Soaps' started by PickledNorthern, Nov 5, 2016.

1. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

@Gnomeo0228, I normally bowl lather, but after watching your video I decided to give face lathering another try. I had a great shave this morning face lathering with Piacenza! Faster and better lather... I may be converted. The Stirling razors look awesone too! Thanks for sharing the video!

2. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

That's GREAT!!! I know bowl lathering has its place, but I really prefer face lathering. Glad you were able to give it a shot and even better, liked it! these Stirling Razors are going to be epic!!!!

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Ahh to begin the week with the fresh and NICE scent of Sandpiper!!!

4. Paul Turner

As you mention face-lathering, I'm going to try it later in the week(but it won't be a Stoylin).

5. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

As+a+canadian+i+approve+of+this+message+_123d655ea594f529ee42580201f80162.jpg

;):D

6. Gnomeo0228

Gnomeo0228 Well-Known Member

Let us know how it goes!

7. Paul Turner

I certainly will. Y'know, it never occurred to me to use a brush for it, but it may just as well be easier. I tried this tube sans brush the first time, and wasn't able to spread it around too well. Now it appears "a little dab'll do ya". But you'll get my report of course. :).

8. jayjacque

jayjacque Well-Known Member

Couldn't help it, ordered some more stuff: MITA A/S splash , Orange Chill A/S splash, Lemon Chill A/S splash. Deep Blue Sea EDT, Sandlewood A/S Balm, as well as some other brand stuff: Thayer Witch Hazel, Phoenix Terrorade (menthol drops), and Moon Amaretto A/S Balm to finish off Stirling Almond Creme SS. I'm psyched, especially for the menthol products. 'Cept up here in Canada, just like you guys down there, they're advising social distancing . I might just end up sitting at home smelling myself.

9. Paul Turner

You're ahead of me in the "Must Prepare For Summer" game. I'm sure to order an item or two from Stoylin for assistance. And I still have some Frost Drops from a previous order...they are sitting in the fridge ready to go.

10. Paul Turner

Well if that wasn't clever, my name isn't Paul. It was therefore it is!!! :)

11. Paul Turner

EHHH, LADIES AND UH GENTLEMEN:

This message is no doubt quite premature, but I've already begun considering taking a "year off" of the Stoylin Tony Awards-which would go into effect next year. Why. Well, as it is, I have quite a bit of work to do to finish off ONE soap, let alone the few I have. In line with that, I may well get a glacial soap for this summer-or at least with added menthol. The one year off would allow me time to work on reducing my current soaps. But we still have this "season" to go....1 Nomination day down, 5 to go. I'll make my decision as the season draws to a close. I love doing these Stoylin Tonys, but things can accumulate. Looking forward to April 16-nomination day #2.

12. timabababaluka

I completely understand. After 3 soaps, it seems the likelihood of getting through any is greatly diminished :happy102:

13. Paul Turner

It'll be a long time before I can say "After 3 soaps......". Still plenty to go on the 4 I have. Course the BoS is a slightly smaller size than the other 3, which are 5.8s.

14. Dirtfarmer

Dirtfarmer Well-Known Member

Got an email today at 4:00pm that the 2020 Spring and Summer release has been, well, released from Stirling.

15. timabababaluka

Oops. Be right back...

:happy102:

16. timabababaluka

Glastonbury is back! My mom loves the bath soap, so I'll have to grab a couple for her.

I've got standing orders from my sister to pick up Arkadia and Sandpiper bath soaps anytime I place an order.

After close to 2 years, my Glacial unscented balm is about 1/4 full, and I promised myself I would finally try Iced Pineapple, Satsuma, and the mentholated preshave soap this go-round.

Gonna be making a Stirling run sometime this month, and it's looking to be a doozy :D

17. Paul Turner

I wonder where you're going. :)

18. Paul Turner

And now, the report-it didn't go as hoped. I ended up doing my second "pass" by just putting a lot into my hand and spreading it like a normal "puck" lather. More details in March 30-D(Discussion), but this is going to take some time for me to get it right.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  19. Yehuda D

Yehuda D Israeli Ambassador to TSD

Lemony scented icicles in my face this morning![​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. brit

brit in a box

stirling gentleman... 20200319_173523_edited.jpg