Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Indeed! Baffling how that could be the deciding factor and not advanced age, smoking, COPD, etc.

2. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

May have to do with some metabolic factor or inefficiency in the obese. Which also (previous to this) makes me think about how the under-14 crowd isn't really affected. In that case, it suggests to me that it may have something to do with changes brought about by puberty.

3. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

image%3A31977.png
    Yesterday's numbers. In a very short time, the death count outside of China has now exceeded all of the deaths to date from inside of China.

4. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

The SARS2 virus binds to a cellular enzyme called ACE2. Last month I read that smokers had elevated levels of ACE2. A few days ago, a journal paper was published saying that certain high blood pressure medications also increase ACE2 levels.
    Here is a good explanation of the biochemistry.
    Note that this link proposes that high blood pressure medication may actually improve Covid19 outcomes. So, if you're on these medications, it's not clear of they are good or bad with respect to the viral pneumonia.
    https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1vZDVbqRhyM&ved=2ahUKEwjgncWR3aHoAhUNeawKHScuB5EQwqsBMAB6BAgEEAQ&usg=AOvVaw0S2NonRqqv7FmVS3JLb4UM

Last edited: Mar 17, 2020
    gorgo2 likes this.
  5. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Thanks! Interesting.

BigMike likes this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:signs011: I don't see a real need for it so I call it Twitting for all all the Twits.

I feel it's very self aggrandizing ...... right up there with a "Selfies".

What can I say .... I'm just mean.

:eatdrink013:

7. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

8. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

A nice hot shower, a well managed close shave with a liberal application of after shave somehow really helps with this insanity...

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk

gorgo2, DaltonGang, Keithmax and 2 others like this.
  9. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

I have many serious health conditions, I am on oxygen 24/7 and have other ambulatory oxygen...all free of charge, Diabetes than needs 2 different injections 3 times a day, again free, one drug I take costs £500 a month...but I get it free, many more inhalers and antibiotics everyday and a recent 10 day hospital stay with one ct scan and one sonogram, all free on UK NHS...I know what I prefer.

10. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Wow, I hope everything goes well for you, during this Corona Virus thing. You seem to have checked off a lot of the boxes, to be concerned about. Are you on total isolation, until it is over?

gorgo2 likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Florida schools out until April 15.

DaltonGang likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

13. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

My daughter, 24 years old, lives and works in Manhattan. Last week, her company told all the employees to work from home until further notice due to a case in her office. Between that, he people that have evacuated the city, and all the businesses shut down in Manhattan, my daughter freaked out yesterday and asked if she could come home. We made the 150 mile round trip last night to pick her up, along with a few suitcases full of her earthly possessions. I’ve lived and worked in NYC all my life and have not seen it this quiet since right after 9/11.

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

[​IMG]

BigMike and Enrico like this.
  15. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Very good and readable look at that quarantined cruise ship.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2020/03...WxyFnw8fBkLrmhVZxUFHSuC1d6cD0AimNSgnqtghEy2qs

John Beeman likes this.
  17. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    The true irrelevance of Twitter

90% of all Tweets are done by 10% of the users Last stats I saw :)

gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  18. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Then there are the bots.

19. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

This data is very poorly represented. From what I'm gathering this is based off the 44,672 confirmed Covid 19 cases in Mainland China, 28.7% were fatal. Figuring the population of MC is 1,339,724,852.

This data is very skewed and is very questionable.

:signs002:

Keithmax likes this.
  20. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

A distraction to cheer us up.

[​IMG]

Diet or not...yes. Yes I would.

Keithmax, Enrico, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.