Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

4. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Ran out today for some groceries and found it interesting at the grocery store. Not overly crowded, but milk and eggs were being rationed. Some aisles looked like they always do like produce, baked goods, and packaged snack foods (that last one surprised me). Other aisles (notably paper goods, cleaning supplies, and the frozen section) looked like Poland at the height of Communism.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Same here. Cleaning aisle, milk, spaghetti and sauce, and about half the canned goods are gone. One meat counter empty (deli maybe). Everything else normal.

Well, except for the people. Panic hasn't quite worn off yet.

Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

The wife and I went for a walk, and ended up at Starbucks, inside Krogers Grocery store. She wanted to walk around, and look at what was being emptied out.
    Well, I was bored(I usually get in trouble when bored). We saw a 30's something couple walking around, with hooded jackets, cinched, facemasks, and long rubber gloves. I told my wife this was too good pass up. So, me being me, they were coming down an isle, toward us. She wispered, "don't do it".
    So, when they were about 5 feet from me, i made a quick cough in my hand, one time. The man was oblivious, and kept slow walking, while texting. The wife went into an speed walk, almost a run, past me, while pushing the cart. They immediately went to the checkout lanes to leave. My wife was laughing, hard, while telling me I was wrong for doing that. Mehhhh. You have to laugh at the sillyness.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  7. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

You sir have won the internet today!

DaltonGang and Keithmax like this.
  8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Now that's funny.

9. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I've been there ....................... they don't have toilet paper either. :(

:eatdrink047:

10. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

Stores here in N.E. Ohio are half-emptied of their stocks. No toilet paper, nasal tissues not quite as depleted but the anti-viral stuff Kleenex makes is gone. Disinfectants are depleted. Hand sanitizers: Depleted. Latex gloves and face masks: HAHAHAHAHA!

Meanwhile, restaurants are pretty much shut down except for takeout and delivery. Libraries, schools, churches, and other public places are closed. Ohio is in state of emergency with over 100,000 people suspected to be infected (although confirmed cases are still only in the double digits).

I went to get tested the other day because I've been dealing with sinus infection symptoms. After explaining them to the E.R. tent outside Cleveland Clinic, they told me it's likely I don't have COVID19 as it's a lower respiratory disease and my symptoms are upper respiratory, but then, they only administer tests to those presenting COVID19 symptoms, so even if I do have it, I wouldn't be able to know unless I develop more symptoms. There simply aren't enough to go around.

Meanwhile I'm stuck indoors with my bloody desktop computer down for the count and my craptastic laptop barely getting me through an otherwise boring day-to-day.

DaltonGang, gorgo2 and Enrico like this.
  11. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

Takes these with the humor that is intended:

ID - 1 (2).jpeg

12. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Oh, crap! I'm doomed..

jaro, brit and Keithmax like this.
  13. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

[​IMG]

Except for the bat part.

DaltonGang and Enrico like this.
  14. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Isn't that why the commode is almost always beside the shower? Lol

DaltonGang and Keithmax like this.
  15. José Santos

José Santos Active Member

Hi guys, Im a pharmacist and I live in Portugal.

Please take Care! Please wash your hands frequently with soap during 60s, try not to touch your face, please respect a safe distance, please stay at home, please cover your mouth and nose while coughing, please believe that this is far more dangerous than a flu.

Please do this, and protect the ones you love and everybody else.

gorgo2, Keithmax, Redfisher and 5 others like this.
  16. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    We are nestled in the Lil Cabin in the Backwoods of North Idaho
    The wife is on Furlough from work until at least the 6th of April
    The Census shut down for at least 14 days so I am on Furlough from that :)
    Thank god I have the Razors to make Sharp and Shiny or I would be climbing the walls LOL

Idaho is NOT on "Lock Down" although most of the gathering places have limited services or have shut down anyway

Since we live in an area of the country that you always must be prepared anyway, we are wanting for nothing, the only real difference in life is that we have been taking our Temperature every morning for the last 10 days ..
    The wife has had small lungs since birth, so we are always careful during Fire season with the smoke, or if she gets a Chest cold so we are a little more careful about this too.

Check in and let us all know how you are doing :D

gorgo2, Keithmax, speedster and 4 others like this.
  17. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Here in New Jersey, we’re expecting that our governor will announce today that all nonessential businesses amust close down.

My wife and I are good on food for at least two weeks, so no need for us to venture outside at this time.

I’m working on a home improvement project at the moment, and that is keeping me sane... for now.

gorgo2, Keithmax, gssixgun and 3 others like this.
  18. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

At the gym this morning, I had just left the dumbbell area when I took a drink from my water and coughed and choked(as my Dad used to say "went down the wrong pipe"). After I finished, a fat ugly fellow said "You're coughing....get away from me, stay the (bleep)away!. I showed him my water, but decided not to say anything to his face, because I loeve the gym and the last thing I want to do in there is to create a scene. I DID say under my breath as I was leaving "Well at least I wouldn't be hearing YOU anymore!". But I reported the exchange to the front desk, and the recep went back to tell him I was just choking on my water. This Corona Virus mess can really "mess up" people's personalities. One "false" move(me choking on my water), and it can easily be interpreted the wrong way. As I was leaving, the recep man said the "fat ugly fellow"(my quotes)shouldn't have come in the first place if he was worried so much. He wanted me to stay away from him; perhaps HE should stay away from the GYM.

gorgo2, Keithmax, Jim99 and 1 other person like this.
  19. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I would't go to a gym right now. Most or all of the gyms here are closed anyway.

gorgo2, Keithmax and Jim99 like this.
  20. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I thought about that, but then we don't know how long this whole thing will last. Working out is a great way to help stay calm through it all..I'm going to continue going until it does shut down.

gorgo2 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.