Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Well, if my gym wasnt closed, I would work out daily.

Shaver X, gorgo2 and Keithmax like this.
  2. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

You can exercise at home, walk cut your grass or whatever. Social contact will just prolong or expand this mess. Be smart.

gorgo2 likes this.
  3. Redfisher

Redfisher Doesn't celebrate National Donut Day

I get plenty of exercise without going to a gym. Get Smart social contact is BAD stop bullshitting around. If you need food go get some but otherwise stay away from other people. You should understand this more than anyone. This is not a joke. So stop acting like it is. Making fun of people at the store is a terrible thing to do. people are afraid for a good damn reason. respect that.

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. DaltonGang

Well, some people need laughing at. If you have a predisposition to get the virus, stay at home. I find humor in many things in life. The way some Americans are reacting is comical. Now, if someone were to contract this virus, it would be me and my coworkers, because of the number of people we come in contact with, daily. We do clean our hands and equipment often, and try to keep distances. But, 90% of the time, this does no good. Am I scared, no. What happens happens. If God wants to take me, he will, no matter how much of a Social Distancing is practiced. With what I deal with daily, at work, this little virus is a complete joke. I have much much more to worry about, at my job, and home.
    I am ordered to go to work, every day, during this nonsense, and am forced to physically deal with those who are possibly contaminated. So, I dont need lecturing about how to deal with this virus, and if my humor helps myself and others get through this, then so be it.
    The elderly and immune deficient people are the only ones who need to really worry, not normal americans. If people come in contact with these grouls, then keep your distance, and respect their susceptibility to the virus.
    If I want to go to the Gym, then that is my deal, it helps me physically, and mentally, for my job.

5. DaltonGang

If my lack of sensitivity offends some of you, well, I apolog.... Oh, heck no. Humor helps keep us sane. If me walking around a grocery store, to see what is emptied out is insensitive to others, who are hysterically paranoid, and scared, then I'm insensitive. Making jokes about silly people is a time honored tradition, in all cultures. So, if reading what I post upsets you, then stop reading it.

Enrico and Keithmax like this.
  6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am in Seoul and in South Korea the schools are closed while some work from others go to work. Korea has very high population density, especially Seoul. Most people take public transportation, restaurants are open (but suffering) and government is panic mode. People are not in panic mode, the only thing in shortage is masks, our government stupidly sent a large amount to China leaving us in the hole. My gym is open but no GX classes, attendance is about 1/3 of normal.

More than 90% of people wear a mask and there is hand sanitizer everywhere now. Going to work or to the gym they check my temperature before I go in. Given the stats it seems to be working even though we are not in 'lock down'.

The weather was beautiful so I went to the park and I was curious to see how many people were there. Usually a spring day would have the place packed but there were still a lot of people living life. Most people were wearing masks except when there were eating and drinking.
    ID - 2 (1).jpeg

The tall building on the left is my apartment.
    ID - 1 (2).jpeg

Because we do not have enough masks to buy they are rationed. Twice a week you can buy two packages of masks, the day is determined by the last digit of your residential ID. The log it in a computer system so you can'r run around holding them. Here is a line I saw today waiting for the store to open.
    ID - 3.jpeg

7. DaltonGang

FYI. For all of you scared silly, and keeping yourself in a bubble, think about this.
    1. If you dont eat at restaurants, but get it "Take-out", how sanitary was the person who prepared your food?? They did touch your box/bag, and did they have gloves on?? They are young wont show symptoms, usually, if infected.
    2. If you prepare your own food, did the stocker at the grocery store have the virus? They are usually young and dont care, and won't show symptoms, usually, if infected.
    3. If you pay for anything with a credit card, is the machine disinfected, before you slide it in?? I'm talking about the slot, that you stick it in. Answer is No!! If an infected card is slid in the slot before you, and then you use it, then your card is contaminated. Oh crap, y'all didnt think of that, did you???
    4. How many people have handled your mail, and packages???

Me, I'm going to go through life like I usually do. What happens to me happens. I just think this Engineered Virus panic is ridiculous.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2020
  8. Michael_W

Michael_W Well-Known Member

I'll say this: guys who never washed their hands after using public restrooms have all of a sudden discovered the benefits of hand-washing. It's amazing what a little pandemic can do for hygiene.

Leo501, gssixgun, Shaver X and 3 others like this.
  9. DaltonGang

I'm glad to see no panicking in your area.
    In my area, which is a suburban bubble in Houston, it seems there are tons of people out for walks, jogging, and bike riding, even in the rain.
    Are there shortages in grocery stores?? Any hoarding??

Shaver X, Keithmax and gorgo2 like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

My workout is called getting outta bed in the morning. Sometimes I feel like working out. Sometimes I don't.

11. Keithmax

I’m treating all my food with Tabasco, plus eating kimchi..... I’m not worried.

The only hoarding and shortage was masks. For some odd reason the frozen blueberries were sold out but otherwise plenty of food and toilet paper. I still don’t get the run on TP.

Shaver X and DaltonGang like this.
  12. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I found some work gloves that I rarely use. Might use them for my workouts at the gym.

Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  13. Queen of Blades

Queen of Blades Mistress of Mischief Staff Member

Moderator Supporting Vendor
    Please keep things civil.

People have varying opinions and some people are freaked out. Be considerate to everyone's mental health.

Keithmax, speedster and Paul Turner like this.
  14. DaltonGang

I will do my best. :eatdrink047:

Paul Turner likes this.
  15. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Last week, the good and royal gubberner of our state closed all non-essential businesses.

There was much disagreement over what is essential.

That evening the plant manager announced we were shutting down for 2 weeks.

Today all got a text to report as usual.

I think our customers around the world considered the products we manufacture to be essential to their survival.

I'm glad that our company decided to survive for now.

Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  16. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I need to spin by my favorite barbershop(where the three barberettes work on men's hair only), to see how their business may be affected. (Course I could CALL, too).

17. DaltonGang

What is it, that your employer manufactures??

18. DaltonGang

For the first time, I saw a woman actually practicing good sanitary protection today.
    The wife and I went for a bike ride, to all the local restaurants, to get takeout menus, and to decide where to eat lunch. We decided to eat by lake Houston, in Kingwood, at a restaurant called Sharkys.
    But, I digress.
    We saw an older couple get some takeout, at a Greek restaurant. The wife took some disinfectant wipes, several of them, and wiped the plastic bags down, the Styrofoam boxes, the takeout utensils, and her credit card. Every inch of each item. Very methodical. I was impressed.
    When my wife and I ate, she said, I washed my hands, and If I get it, I get it.
    We shared Shrimp/Mushroom Fondue, which we spread on garlic bread, lots of it.
    We also shared Coconut Shrimp, with seasoned battered french fries.
    We then road to a local restaurant called Coco's Crepes. The wife knows and worked with the owner, at a previous job. We talked and decided to take some slices of Cheesecake, Tiramisu, and triple Chocolate cake, to take home. All in all, a nice days ride. It was a leisurely 8 mile ride. Very relaxed, so my wife could have fun.

Get out, support your small businesses, they are hurting. Get some sun and fresh air. It will do the body and mind some good.

19. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Stop bulshitting around? All the panic is bulshitting around. If the gyms around me were open, I would go too. Working out leads to improved health, which in turn leads to increased resistance to disease.

As of today, there have been 300 coronavirus deaths in the U.S. this year. As for the flu...

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...-thats-sickened-26-million-may-be-at-its-peak

300 vs. 14,000, yet the country freaks out over coronavirus and not over the flu. Really people? It's hard to take that kind of handwringing, over-the-top response seriously. God forbid we ever face an acute crisis, like a toilet paper shortage. From the looks of things, many people would get the vapors and faint.

DaltonGang and Keithmax like this.
  20. Keithmax

Unfortunately panic is coming back thank to our mayor. I have two gyms, one next to the office and the other next to my home. One is staying open and the other closing for two weeks. Urghhh frustrating.

DaltonGang and Shaver X like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.