Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

:)

DaltonGang likes this.
  2. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

That sucks. It must be totally annoying.

Everybody in the San Francisco Bay Area is on shelter in place quarantine. We can leave home to go to the grocery store, exercise, or go to the doctor. "Essential employees" can go to work, and many restaurants are open (take out only). All gyms and most stores, other than grocery or drug stores, are closed. The few companies that have people showing up check everyone's temperature. I have heard that in New England some places will be on shelter in place until the end of April. Talk about the cure being worse than the disease. The mass media and its sensationalism are worse than both put together, IMHO at least.

Some people seem to be growing up now and regaining their senses. At least today there was food on the grocery store shelves.

Keithmax and DaltonGang like this.
  3. Shaver X

Shaver X Well-Known Member

Vodka, being alcohol, kills coronavirus. When used with fresh squeezed orange juice to make screwdrivers, it kills the virus and provides vitamin C. It also mellows people out, doing wonders for their mental health. Throw in chicken soup and the combo is unbeatable. Coronavirus doesn't have a chance, so no reason for peeps to be freeked out. ;)

I wonder if medical forums have people worrying about bad shaves from cartridge razors...

gssixgun, DaltonGang and brit like this.
  4. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

What if your wife's doc, informed by medical laboratory data, advised her to stay home and for you to run the necessary errands for awhile? And what if you had the flexibility and were willing to do so in a sensible - not fearful - manner out of love and respect for her? I agree it's a very tough time for many folks, but everyone's situation is different. When considering my loved ones, other agendas and disease statistics don't really matter. I don't consider that to be a response based on panic or even necessarily on logic, but rather one based on love. Love wins. Period.

I don't want to inflame anyone here or minimize the consequences someone else might be facing. I did want to share another perspective. We all see things through a different lens. :)

5. brit

brit in a box

if the spanish flu epidemic of 1918 had today's response measures what do you think the outcome would have been..?..just curious..

Shaver X and gorgo2 like this.
  6. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

I still think this is a manmade virus that got out.

brit, Keithmax and gorgo2 like this.
  7. DaltonGang

Theme song.

gssixgun, Keithmax and gorgo2 like this.
  8. wristwatchb

Good health to you and your dear Bride, sir. Now and always. :eatdrink047:

gorgo2 and DaltonGang like this.
  9. DaltonGang

Thank you. Good health to you and yours too. :eatdrink047:

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
    wristwatchb and gorgo2 like this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep. HOW and WHY it got out, we will never ever know for sure.

DaltonGang likes this.
  11. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Don't blame the tool, blame the workman.

wristwatchb likes this.
  12. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

one gym changed their mind, and send a new text. They will be open but no locker service, no towels, no showers, no GX, must wear a mask and be at least 2 meters apart. I was one of only 4 people. I think the first message kept everyone away.

Edison Carter and Shaver X like this.
  13. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'd like to see MORE food on the shelves than I did Saturday.

Keithmax likes this.
  14. wristwatchb

:happy088:

15. Paul Turner

That would keep ME away from mine.

16. DesertTime

DesertTime Well-Known Member

I think the operative phrase here is risk mitgation. No one is suggesting following recommended practices would elimate risk. The concept is really simple: the more risky behaviours you engage in, the greater the probablility of becoming infected. As you reduce risky behviours, you reduce the probablility of becoming infected.

Your contempt for people trying to protect their families as best they can, based on recommendations from experts, speaks more to your character and mindset than theirs.

Redfisher likes this.
  17. DaltonGang

More room for you.

Paul Turner likes this.
  18. DaltonGang

:eatdrink047:Cheers..

Last edited: Mar 23, 2020
  19. Paul Turner

That's a point. I've been to mine on various Saturday mornings where I was the only one in the weight area(this was pre-Coronavirus though). Man I loved hopping from machine to machine!

DaltonGang likes this.
  20. DaltonGang

the redneck humor was accidentally injected. It was meant for the Clean joke section, regarding Corona Virus Suits.

wristwatchb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.