March 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Feb 29, 2020.

?

Is it okay to eat cookies and ice cream together?

Poll closed Mar 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

26 vote(s)
    70.3%
  2. Yes

11 vote(s)
    29.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Great shave, and report James! Much respect to all you R41-ers out there. :D

I've got a tuck of Rapira Platinums that I've been looking for an excuse to try.

2. timabababaluka

March 28
    Shavette Shave #26

Gear
    • Razor: The Max Headroom Focus R21 shavette
    • Blade: Derby Premium--Just to switch things up, I thought I’d try the blades that came with my Utopia Care shavette just to see if there was a noticeable difference. There was.
    • Brush: Stirling Finest Badger (fan)
    • Soap: Soap Commander “Drive”
    • Menthol: Stirling Frost Drops
    • AS: Pinaud Citrus Musk
    • Balm: Stirling Glacial Unscented
    20200328_144915-01.jpeg

The Shave...
    Decided to repeat the 2 pass WTG/WTG shave again. I wasn’t looking for closeness today--just wanted to feel clean and free of irritation. Came really close to keeping the blood inside me instead of on the steel, but I got one of those when-did-that-happen weepers that show up and disappear almost as quickly as they came. Well, there’s always tomorrow--fat chance! I chase on Sundays, so I imagine there will be blood.

The Derby Premiums I used were decent, but I was not nearly as adept with them as with the Personnas. I still got a decent shave out of it, just had to work a bit harder is all. Results? CCS mostly, slightly better than that in some areas. A good shave for Saturday

Enjoy this wonderful Saturday in happiness, safety, and peace!

26 down, 74 to go!

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  3. brit

brit in a box

sunday shave
    brit new/tech hybrid
    platinum
    razorock bruce synthetic
    fine platinum soap and splash 20200328_163631_edited.jpg

4. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Congrats on the Charcoal Goods razor. I am looking forward to your thoughts on the Lvl 3.

timabababaluka, Trigger and jluc like this.
  5. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

That is a fine shave Tim! I have had shaves where I am on my last pass and out of the blue, a liquid red spot appears. When this happens, it usually is due a slight angle or pressure error. The main residences are either 333 Chin Ct or 777 Mustache Manor Dr.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2020
  6. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Great looking photo Tim. You are making some real progress now.

7. timabababaluka

Gorgeous, Gary--love that knurled fluted handle! :D

clint64, jtspartan, brit and 2 others like this.
  8. timabababaluka

Thanks, Joe! :D

Our weepers live in the same neighborhood--pressure is my main culprit almost always, but especially today when I tried to overcompensate for the apparent lack of sharpness from the Derbys. Not done with the Derby Premiums just yet, though--I'll figure them out ;)

9. timabababaluka

Thank you, Clint! It gets better and better (just awaiting the time when it gets quicker and quicker :happy102:)

10. brit

brit in a box

thank you Tim,my favorite tech handle..:)

11. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

March Madness/Shavettes

March 28
    Razor - Magic Shavette
    Blade - [​IMG]
    Soap - Oleo Soapworks El Caballero
    Brush - 30DC Meet UP LE w/ TGN Grade A Silvertip
    Post - Alum

It's the end of a Saturday so let's shave!! Another round with the Magic Shavette and Derby blade. Still using the El Caballero to try and eliminate it but it seems to be going nowhere. Even the awesome Silvertip knot in this 30DC Meet Up handle didn't seem to do any damage. It did, however, produce huge volumes of lather which is, of course, the real point. Again, this soap is being eliminated from my den just out of the fact I rarely use it and have no desire to buy more. Nothing at all wrong with it and the lather is very cushy and extremely slick. The scent is their version of Bay Rum, as I have mentioned before, and it isn't along my favorite lines. So there you go.

Three passes and I'm near-BBS with no blood and virtually no irritation tonight. A very good shave, especially considering it was two days worth. I'm impressed with the Magic and how it works. And I'm happy to say - have a great Sunday!!

March 28 2020.jpg

12. timabababaluka

That, sir, is an admirable shavette shave! Love it when the 30DC Meet Up brushes make their way into the threads--beautiful work.

Out of curiosity, how does the Magic shavette load? Is there a plastic insert you slide into the holder?

Again, awesome shave, Neal! :D

13. NCoxSTL

NCoxSTL AAACK!

@jtspartan definitely did a fine job on those Meet Up brushes. And on the original one too that was just for the 30DC. As for the Magic, it has a metal holder for the blade that slides in and out of place. I'll disassemble it tomorrow before I take the picture and show you the whole thing.

14. timabababaluka

Okay, I get it now. In fact, I think I can even see the holder in your photo. It's clever the way they design these shavettes with the holders--my old Utopia Care does not have a holder, and is a finicky little devil sometimes when it comes to loading. The focus R21, though... easy peasy. :D

15. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

I am a fan of AoS creams, especially granule free. Vault Boy looks like he got a close shave too..... but can he sing????

Please wish your dad a quick recovery from me and let him know we are looking forward to his return to TSD.

16. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

A fine spring Sunday in Seoul. A full hollow Brian Brown shave before I strolled around the neighborhood. The cherry blossom tress are getting started and not a cloud in the sky. I put a circle around my apartment, River Tower.

ID - 1 (4).jpeg ID - 2 (1).jpeg
    ID - 1 (2).jpeg
    ID - 1 (3).jpeg

17. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

March 29th
    Razor: HomeLike CT☆PT 1.18SB
    Blade: Astra SP (2)
    Brush: Zenith boar
    Pre-shave: PAA The Cube
    Soap: Talbot Shaving Winter's Refraction
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: Talbot Shaving Winter's Refraction

Good morning

Superb shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Slightly warmer than usual alum.

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

18. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

I always enjoy seeing your cool gear, Keith.

Seoul is absolutely beautiful in the Spring. I'm glad you were out catching some rays and enjoying the scenery, Ke-mo sah-bee. ;)

19. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic spring photos Keith. All the trees in bloom must be very impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.