Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary.

GAW9576 and brit like this.
  2. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Sun 29th March

Jayaruh Syn. No67
    MWF
    Mongoose B3
    Schick Proline [ 7 ]
    Grey Flannel A/S Lotion.

I think the Mongoose is a bit of a modern Classic,this and the Cobra being the forerunners in what is now the crowded category of AC/SE Razors. Another one built like a Tank but really works for me as I have really developed the light touch that is needed when using any Heavy Razor. A very pleasant Sunday morning Shave, being rewarded with an excellent close all round finish.

IMG_0639.jpg

Aztecmike, BigD, Droo78 and 6 others like this.
  3. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Lather Catcher Sunday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap
    Jayaruh #395 two-band badger
    Superior Lather Catcher
    Vintage GEM Cutlery SE
    CWR
    Aqua Velva Ice Blue

The Van Der Hagen Luxury Shave Soap face-lathered well with the Jayaruh #395 two-band badger brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Superior Lather Catcher with a Vintage GEM Cutlery SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Aqua Velva Ice Blue AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Aztecmike, BigD, Droo78 and 6 others like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

All of these great photos just got me in the mood to break out my damaskeene open comb this morning. It was a wonderful shave!

F657203F-AF52-4DF7-A067-261D04885149.jpeg

Aztecmike, Ron R, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  5. mayer57619

mayer57619 Well-Known Member

SOTD

My son found the English Leater Lime in original box almost full at an abandoned farm we have access to![​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Aztecmike, Ron R, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  6. brit

brit in a box

very cool..

mayer57619 likes this.
  7. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Sunday's Shave

Gem Contour II
    Gem Stainless PTFE

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
    Aztecmike, MPF9, Ron R and 7 others like this.
  8. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Sundays Shave [​IMG]
    Razor: ASR 1907
    Blade: Gem CS (1)
    Brush: JR157
    Soap: Tabac
    AS: British Sterling

I have this beautiful razor on loan from @BBS Wow this is the mildest SE I have ever tried. I am a blade feel type of shaver. My first pass I lathered normally. I found I had to rinse after every stroke to be able to feel the blade.

First pass reduction was what I would expect with a mild razor. So for my second pass. I did a really light Lather. This helped some. Maybe every other stroke I needed to rinse. I need to feel that blade. After the second pass I realized I will need a 4 pass shave to get. A DFS or better shave.

I decided for the final 2 passes ATG I would only use what Lather was left on my face and just moisten it. This proved to be the ticket. I could feel the blade. I might add it is probably the narrowest window I have encountered. Just a bit more concentration required.

Finished off a 4 pass shave with a DFS shave. Obviously no irritation at all.

If you are truly into mild SE razors. I would say that this is your razor. For me I much prefer much more efficient razors. I love being able to feel that blade work.

Have a safe and happy week my friends.
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aztecmike, Ron R, MPF9 and 7 others like this.
  9. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Man...all this OC Dammy Love/Talk...I'm going to go upstairs right this minute and start a shave with mine.....I'll be back!

I'm BACK! You said it best, 'T', "...This Dammy is one SWEET SHAVE."
    This is the OC Dammy that you gifted me...aswell as that Vintage Old Spice Talc (which I'm crazy for)...I'm still humbled by your thoughtfulness
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    Aztecmike, MPF9, GAW9576 and 9 others like this.
  10. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 30th March

Vulfix 404-mixed
    Arran Aromatics -Bay Citrus
    Alu. Hawk /Ikon Handle
    Feather Pro [ 3 ]
    Tuff Green A/S Lotion

I am liking the Alu. Hawk/ Handle combo a lot, and finding that it works very well using the Feather blade rather than the Schick Proline that I normally use. Thought I was going to get a weeper but nothing materialised , and the resultant finished Shave was very pleasing.

IMG_0641.jpg

Aztecmike, BigD, Jayaruh and 7 others like this.
  11. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

GEMonday Mar 30th 2020, Good morning all. I had to take my Gem jr bar out of the rack for a great shave. The performance of the razor is to my liking for the simple reason it gives me a great shave. I very rarely get cuts with no irritation and no weepers as a rule of thumb and my skin enjoys the results. What is there not to like!

Razor : Gem junior bar - MFG 1907- excellent razor for a daily driver.
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE (10)
    Soap: Taylor of old bond street Sandal wood. One of my favorite scented soaps.
    Brush: Yaqi Tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic with black marble handle. Excellent brush!
    Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: Cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave: Prorazo red Sandal wood with witch hazel + Nivea balm
    Results : CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Great shave today!

MMMonday March 30th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Aztecmike, BigD, Jayaruh and 6 others like this.
  12. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Monday's Shave

GEM Micromatic Clog-Pruf
    GEM Stainless PTFE (3)

[​IMG]

Aztecmike, BigD, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  13. Bird Lives

Bird Lives Future Root Beer King of Turkey

Another example of where GEM seemed to get everything right in a razor!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

GAW9576, Jim99 and Droo78 like this.
  14. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Agreed! This razor is a great example as it always seems to get the job done right.

Ron R, GAW9576 and Jim99 like this.
  15. twhite

twhite Peeping Tom

Monday Shave
    [​IMG]
    Razor: Schick E1
    Blade: Schick Super Stainless (2)
    Brush: ER 2500
    Soap: @americanshamrock Menthol
    AS: Aqua Velva

I had a super nice 4 pass shave with the E1. I was a bit surprised as it was milder than my E2’s. It was on par with my G. It feels like a shave that will last an entire day.

Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

16. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I had about 7 days to knock down so I went with two of my most efficient open come razors I have. The results were a very comfortable close shave with little effort. I used the Star for the front of my neck and beard line and the Henckels took out the stubble on the back of my neck.

[​IMG]

17. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 31st March

RazoRock Syn. 22mm
    Faena - Sandalwood
    Alu. General / Windrose handle
    Schick Proline [ 4 ]
    Puig Quorum A/S Lotion

I have Two Aluminium AC/SE Razors, both of which I have paired up with a variety of S/S Handles. I have finally
    settled on handles which really work well with the aluminium heads, so no more changes planned. The Alu.General is fitted with a Windrose handle, and the combo just works so well together as the balance and feel in the hand is good. Todays Shave was really enjoyable so smooth and comfortable with a great all round finish, no doubt helped by the rather neglected soap, which leaves the skin post shave feeling very soft and relaxed.
    I had thought of passing this Razor on, but after the last few Shaves will keep it a bit longer.

IMG_0642.jpg

Aztecmike, BigD, Droo78 and 7 others like this.
  18. Bubbablade

Bubbablade Member

20200324_141409_compress34.jpg New acquisition, a NOS Heljestrand. I used a Gem blade with my other Heljestrand set instead of the wedge blades with great results. I'm going to use the wedge blades eventually too, it's just I like the idea of leaving them in pristine condition.

Aztecmike, BigD, MPF9 and 9 others like this.
  19. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD,Tue March 31st 2020

Razor : Oneblade Core Version 2 - MFG 2018> excellent daily driver with a GEM blade!
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (9)
    Soap: Colonel Conk Bay Rum- I really find this soap really easy to use with reasonable lather qualities!
    Brush: Yaqi Timberwolf whiskers 24mm- great brush.
    Pre shave: Brush wash my face with CeraVe hand bar soap + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3. -just as good as Menthol Buzz feel.
    Post shave: Avon "True gent"cologne with witch hazel + Avon True gent balm instead of Nivea .
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + very little irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] great shave in my books.

SOTD,Tue March 31st 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Aztecmike, BigD, jluc and 5 others like this.
  20. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Soapmakers of Awesometown
    Leo Frilot Krakoa | AP Shave Co. Gelousy SHD 28mm (A1)
    Ever-Ready SE | Gem PTFE
    Barrister's Reserve | Classic
    Gillette | Sun Up

[​IMG]

jimjo1031, Aztecmike, BigD and 8 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.