Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

:char039: I think this as all a ploy by the US for a major population explosion. :sexe:

:happy097:

Can you please pass the AS, I think someone's feeling frisky here. ;)

:eatdrink013:

3. MileMarker60

MileMarker60 Member

As of 3/14/2020 the flu had killed 22k people in the US.

Enrico and gorgo2 like this.
  4. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Having traveled for 20 years, leaving home Monday and returning Friday, eating on the road, hotels, etc... I can assure you that I possess the full level of 'emergency experiences'.

My point, is the knee-jerk reaction of executive classes to shut down an area where good hygiene is normally practiced (the break room) yet ignore the responsibility to provide additional sanitary levels that are prudent in the locker room. To my knowledge, neither area has ever been visited by the decision makers. One reason I got out of management was I was likely to point out this hypocrisy, which I can ensure you is not career enhancing.

Should I decide to go home, and come back (I live close), it would be hard to make the case that I should take care of such things in a facility that cannot afford my safety at lunch.

FWIW, while have used my share of truck & road stops, good hotel lobby restrooms are always the cleanest choice due to the high number of cleaning staff always available. Of course, the antiquating of needs for lobby 'pay phone' banks makes drive up visitors stand out more and some modern constructions have far fewer facilities.

5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Corona babies?

Enrico likes this.
  6. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

It's odd that some major municipalities are releasing literal murderers from jail due to fear they'll catch corona, but in some of these same areas, if citizens are caught outside when they're told not to be, or in too big of numbers, they risk arrest.

This should serve as a grave reminder of just how close to mass madness we always are, should a true catastrophe strike (which inevitably will).

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  7. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Irony vs Stupidity

3/1 You don't need to wear a Mask
    3/7 You only need a mask if you are a healthcare worker
    3/15 You need a mask if you are sick
    3/30 Masks might help everyone everywhere

The above applies to Gloves too

3/1 Stop hoarding supplies
    3/15 Buy just enough supplies for the next few days
    3/30 You need to stay home and stop going out

3/1 Make sure you Cough and Sneeze into your Elbow
    3/15 Stop shaking hands and bump elbows
    3/30 Bumping Elbows might spread germs

3/1 Stop Hoarding supplies
    3/15 If you feel sick STAY home

3/1 You don't need a test unless you feel sick
    3/15 You don't need a test unless you are sick enough to Hospitalize
    3/30 We want to test everyone

Dates are of course approximate, but THIS is what the media has told us over the last month I am sure I am missing some obvious duhhhhhhh moments
    This is why we MUST separate the Media Hype from the actual dangers from this Virus, both are happening and Politics are alive and well dividing the nations as we struggle to get real info
    Now as we look back over this obvious misinformation we realize that common sense trumps Media BS, follow your gut and use common sense

Oh and the Number 1 rule I plan on following is NEVER not EVER have dinner from a Chinse Wet Market (Half Joking)

ps: We are doing fine in the woods, and it is Freaking Snowing hehehehe

Keithmax, Jim99, DaltonGang and 4 others like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

At risk of getting in trouble with the Queen for posting this, I say up front that it's pure speculation.

There could be one valid reason the administration is buying into what looks to be (and in the media, is) a good bit of money-grubbing hype:

This thing really is a bioweapon -- meaning that it's not 100% natural but has been engineered/tinkered with. Deliberately released as a weapon? Maybe, maybe not, but the point would be moot. A bioweapon is what it would amount to once it's on the loose.

In which case, that could mean the experts just aren't completely sure yet what effect(s) it may have, for how long, etc, because it is not merely novel, but truly different. They'd not be used to analyzing something like it. Too many unknowns, known and unknown.

But could the administration, or any administration, ever come out and say that that's what it is? No, for several obvious reasons...to avoid 10x the mass panic, plus at some point a war would result between China and some ticked off nation or nations (which may happen regardless; we're not the only ones with experts).

What they WOULD do is, quietly treat it as a bioweapon just the same, but without calling it that...treating it as something that isn't just flu or a really bad cold. Something that warrants continued indefinite lockdowns, industrial mobilization, etc.

Kinda like what's happening now.

Like I say, it's just a thought. I could be dead wrong.

Keithmax and Edison Carter like this.
  9. barbersurgeon

barbersurgeon Well-Known Member

Completed my Small Business Administration COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan application this morning...

10. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    Last week we had a meeting at work about social distancing. They then passed a sheet around with a single pen to make sure that everyone signed that they had attended the meeting.

I told the boss that this was a f'ing stupid thing to do in the middle of a pandemic, and an even stupider thing to do at a meeting about "social distancing."

We now no longer have pass-around attendance sheets at work meetings. The boss now has to fill it out himself. Your comment about "not career enhancing" definitely applies.

Keithmax, Intrigued, BigMike and 7 others like this.
  11. MileMarker60

MileMarker60 Member

:eatdrink047: Best of luck getting through it to the other side

barbersurgeon likes this.
  12. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Did he suggest you all conclude with a group hug?

richgem, Jim99, DaltonGang and 2 others like this.
  13. Edison Carter

Edison Carter Well-Known Member

Well done!

PLANofMAN, Jim99 and brit like this.
  14. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Only WE do that now(TSD) :).

PLANofMAN and gorgo2 like this.
  15. Paul Turner

Here's a problem I see with sneezing/coughing into your elbow-sometimes your cough or sneeze comes to you so fast you can't get your elbow up close to your face in time.

16. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Food for thought:
    1. Chinese have been eating monkeys and bushmeat for thousands of years, and just now this came about, in a very very contagious way?? Highly unlikely. Sounds like a Bio Weapon that escaped. Plus, you cannot trust any information that is put out by their propaganda machine.
    2. It's been around longer than we have been told. The only way to find out how long is to test those who died from pneumonia and flu like symptoms.
    3. Most people who are infected will not even know it, and won't show symptoms.
    4. Protect the elderly, and those with health issues. Period. And start with nursing homes, with experimental inoculations and vaccines.
    5. Healthy people need to stop panicking, and get back to work.

Keithmax, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  17. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

That's why I use someone else's elbow.

richgem, Keithmax and brit like this.
  18. Paul Turner

On that #5, what if we're ordered to stay home?

19. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

For now that part is out of our control. But hopefully...in a few weeks...

Paul Turner and DaltonGang like this.
  20. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

This was just my suggestion. Really, we cannot, or, more to the point, should not, disobey an order from our Governor or Mayors. But, theoretically, what are they going to do, if a struggling "Mom and Pop'" business opens up, and sells goods. They can say, they are essential to the economy or public. Just practice Social Distancing, and don't draw attention to yourself. This of course is just Theory not a Suggestion, since I work 5 days a week, and am a part of a Government Entity.

Keithmax and Paul Turner like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.