Corona Virus

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by Robert1955, Jan 31, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

I and others could sum up the difference between 1 and 2 in just one word, but would get in trouble if we did.

Shaver X likes this.
  2. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Totally irrelevant Harbor Freight had Nitrile Gloves on sale for $5.99 per 100 in Feb I bought us each an extra box

Same as I told Family to buy N95's as soon as I knew it was a Corona Virus like SARS or MERS I am not a doctor or expert and I can use the masks anyway
    I bought a few extra Carbon P100's for the shop too, they don't actually go "Bad"

You could see this coming and it pissed me off now for over 2 months to listen to these experts LIE!!! and worse the media backing them up

Jim99, gorgo2, BigMike and 1 other person like this.
  3. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Still a lot of unanswered questions involving this virus.
    It's good you thought it through.

Shaver X and gorgo2 like this.
  4. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Working on old cars is my other hobby. Yes, I have a hobby outside of vintage razors. I have a couple of hundred nitrile gloves and over a dozen N95 masks.

Lucky? I guess.

gssixgun and Enrico like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I got soap, water and God ..... I can and have lived without the first two.

It's worked for 52 years.

:eatdrink047:

barbersurgeon, BigMike, Jim99 and 3 others like this.
  6. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

Well personally I now know 2 ppl with the virus and another self iso who really looks like he has it, first one was in hospital getting a leg cut off and was just about to be released when they noted his temp was way up,,, kept in and tested positive, 71yr old.
    Next one was back 1 week from vacation in Spain, he has got it too. I hear of 2 cases within 1000 yards of me, and another about 2 miles away, we are nowhere our peak yet here in Scotland and expect many more deaths. I am isolating for 12 weeks as per gov instructions, I am on oxygen 24/7 and in the highest category for severe illness if I got it, personally I dont think I would survive with a lung capacity of 40% plus the other shit I have on top. Trying to do the right things...but my wife does the shopping and easily could bring it in, she does wear gloves and a mask tho and carries the wee hand sanitizer...hope you all stay safe, there is a storm heading your way.

7. Robert1955

Robert1955 Well-Known Member

The virus cannot live on wrapping paper/ cardboard box for over 72 hours, so even if it was on there...it would die during transit.

8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

For all like me in "stay at home ordered".
    It's difficult to not go anywhere, see friends and loved ones.
    This takes me back to my father when he was in his early 60's.
    Coming home around Christmas that year from a trip out west.
    Mom and dad were retired and traveling to see the US.
    Having some health problems it landed hom in the hospital for surgery.
    That's where the surgen found the cancer.
    To home for a week then a Whipple procedure, pancreatic cancer.
    He layed in the hospital for 4 months, in a rest home for anothe 30 days.
    His father passed away while he was hospitalized.
    Mom got frustrated with the nursing home care, took him home where he slowly got better.
    By November of that year, he was up and walking around, drove his car again the first of that December.

He lived almost anothe 20 years after that at 1 month before his 84th birthday.

I ask him how he got through all that laying in a room for months and months on end. Only TV to pass the day, in which to my surprise, he rarely watched.

He said....

"Well, it was a hell of a waiting game, but I knew if I could get on the other side of it, I'd be ok."

Now, Me, if I can get on the other side of this, I'll be ok.
    tp

the waiting continues....

tp

stuartganis, Robert1955, brit and 7 others like this.
  9. NTR

NTR Well-Known Member

It’s not a bio weapon and it’s been proven. And known for weeks. Stay safe everyone. There’s a lot of good information available when you look in the right places. If you look for conspiracies you will surely find them. Maybe stop looking?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucel...lab-study-shows-natural-origins/#24557e393728

10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

@NTR

As said earlier...even if not intended, designed, and released as a bioweapon (and one need not be conspiratorial to disagree with you on that so please lay off the backhanded dismissals), the point is now moot: the fact that the communist Chinese government was lying to the world about it at the most critical moments for everyone else to act makes it a de facto bioweapon. There's now no real difference.

DaltonGang and PLANofMAN like this.
  11. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

So, someone named Lee(Of Chinese decent) said it isn't a bioweapon, and wrote an article. Also, China said they did nothing. Well, isn't that peachy. I guess the Chinese government wouldn't lie, would they??

Bruce Y. LeeSenior Contributor
    Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own.
    Healthcare
    "I am a writer, journalist, professor, systems modeler, computational and digital health expert, avocado-eater, and entrepreneur, not always in that order." Outstanding resume for a Bioweapon expert.

If it looks bioengineered, acts bioengineered, and is infecting like it is bioengineered, well, then it must not be bioengineered. Because someone on the internet said so. Sorry, not buying it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    gorgo2 likes this.
  12. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    If it is a bio-weapon, it's a garbage one.

It's not spreading fast enough, or killing enough people for it to be an effective weapon.

Also, and this is a big one.

The entire world now has samples and can gene sequence the hell out of it.

So a) anyone with a degree in the right field could tell its man made.

And 2) anyone can now start to make vaccines and such.

So yeah, no.

It's a completely natural occurrence. While it's "easier" to believe that bad things happen because of some evil man in a skull fortress. The truth is that Viruses evolve real quick. And that's all there is to it really.

If they really were going to use it as a weapon, they would have used it in Hong Kong.

It's bad enough seeing conspiracy theories popping up all over the internet. Even worse to see them here.

13. brit

brit in a box

:)..

Terry likes this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Moot. It amounts to one.

The communist Chinese government did this to the world and to this very second is not being transparent about it. Instead, they tried to turn it around and blame it on us. They disappeared doctors and writers trying to sound early warnings to the world. No one believes their recovery stats. Why would they?

If it isn't their bioweapon, they're sure acting and reacting as if it was. But again...it's now moot.

Terry and DaltonGang like this.
  15. brit

brit in a box

definitely a way to bring down economies..slow death in many forms..

16. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Creating bio weapons is getting easier and easier. This one was obviously formulated by the one group it clearly benefits and rarely attacks: grade-school children.
    :)

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    DaltonGang likes this.
  17. BlueShaver

BlueShaver Premature Latheration Sufferer

Yep.

*Tin hat*

Perhaps not a bad thing in the long run

barbersurgeon and brit like this.
  18. brit

brit in a box

hello Jon,glad you are here..:)