The Jubilee, a date with the Queen

Discussion in 'The Brush' started by Sodapopjones, Dec 19, 2012.

1. TitanTTB

TitanTTB Well-Known Member

Nice looking brush for sure! The coin in the bottom is a nice touch.
    Looking forward to hearing your continued impressions of it.

2. Sodapopjones

Sodapopjones Well-Known Member

The maiden voyage, er shave of the QEII has been had, and what a shave it was.

I rubbed a moist arko stick upon my cheeks, and face acting as a pre-shave as well as a soap mechanism for lathering. I dipped the tips in a nice warm bath of tap water and initially started in a circular pattern most use to start picking up the soap and churning it into lather; once the soap was spread about I switched to paintbrush strokes, and this my friends is where the magic happened. The brush isn't overly dense, but it offers a great amount of backbone and stiffness, on the second pass there was more lather flying about than when I use the 27mm M&F Blonde Badger. The Jubilee truly is special; I have never seen lather so rich from an Arko stick, even though I only did a two pass shave today, for I used my amber injector, these two passes kicked up enough lather even after being rinsed off that I could still smell the scent of Arko over my freshly applied TOBS Bay Rum.

I'm no stranger to 2 band hair types, there's a Plisson European White, Morris & Forndran 1st issue Blonde Badger, 1st issue Rooney Stubby 1, and a 3 year old TGN finest, from days gone past when they were of superb quality, and the QE II my friends has quite possibly the nicest tips of the bunch. While the Blonde Badger might have had the silkiest tips, this batch of Manchurian is super gel like, when using paintbrush strokes it offers a superbly beautiful face feel, if you're a swirler, fear not, there is more than enough backbone more so than a Stubby 1, not to mention the knot almost dwarfs it in comparison. There is a faint amount of scritch, not enough to detract from the experience, but the 1st batch of Blonde Badger had none at all.

I'm looking forward to putting more face time in and comparing everything once again, but really it only took one shave to tell me the face feel is unique and second to none, I'm truly glad I purchased the brush.

As you can see, its not quite as small as some might have thought, in bloom and handle wise, it overshadows a Stubby 1 (Rooney 1/1).

[​IMG]

3. Mark1966

Mark1966 Well-Known Member

Hey @Sodapopjones, I just stumbled across this thread trying to find the specs on the Jubilee.

Seems I've ended up with this brushes brother - number 19.

A beautiful brush and joy to use.