April 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Mar 31, 2020.

?

Is Arko the greatest value in all of shaving?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Great setup! I hear good things about St. Johns' splashes.

2. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

Very cool! :cool:

Wonderful shave and photo, Joseph.

That razor gets a lot of love in the wet-shaving world! Enjoy it!

3. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks for giving me some cerebral stimulation, Joseph! Lol!

4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Nice job, Simon! How many passes and what order for your shave? ATG, WTG, XTG? Did you use a brush and soap or another alternative? Inquiring minds want to know. :)

My son’s been shaving with a DE89 I gave him for his birthday; he swears by it.

5. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

I wish that I'd started out with a DE89. I opted for the Merkur 34c and found it to be a really rough shave so I traded it. I wouldn't mind another go with one of those in the future to see if I could get a good shave out of it a couple of years on!

6. jgreenepa

Not bad, SWMBO and I are sheltering in place because we’re both in the endangered demographic, 60+. It’s not too bad; we have our dachshund and three cats to keep us company. We’ve been facetiming the grandchildren. I look forward to being mobile and out there.

7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Great shave and picture, Joseph!
    Nice!

8. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

can't blame you on that! have not hung out with my friends in 3 weeks now.

9. jgreenepa

James, I think you’ll find the 34C to behave differently, now that you’ve got DE technique down. That is one razor that is very blade dependent. My oldest son shaves with one; in fact it’s his daily driver. He swears by Voskhods since I introduced him to them. They tame just about any razor.

10. brit

brit in a box

he is around ,but busy ,was here a few days ago..

11. brit

brit in a box

:D

12. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic Jim,good afternoon..

13. brit

brit in a box

fine shave Paul,good afternoon..

14. jgreenepa

Manja, Manja, my friend. Our local bakery is closed! I really miss that Garlic Tuscan bread!

15. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Gary!
    Good afternoon..

Norcalnewb, clint64, jtface and 2 others like this.
  16. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

C'mon Jeff for crying out loud, you are half Italian, spell it right for goodness sake! It's mangia, mangia! See what happens to me when I don't have Italian bread in my house. Lol!

17. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thanks Gary, how are you? By the way, I'm sad about no Wimbledon this year.

18. jgreenepa

Great shave report and pic, Clint. @Steinmetzify sold most of his razors after discovering the Blackbird. Sounds like you’re really enjoying the razor.

19. jtface

jtface Well-Known Member

I've got some Voskhods on the way and intend to put them into my R41... Not that I need it taming, but I fancy seeing what the the hype is all about!

20. brit

brit in a box

20200404_135047_edited.jpg
    good afternoon gents,well morning here just..up late slept in..got the sunday shave done.1939 canadian e2/modern schick blade,MWF.acqua di gio..fantastic lather from the Brush by Jason omega replica,near bbs in 2+ passes.love this razor,but don't like the fact the blade must be left in..one of the reasons i didn't get more into them.silly reason .but there it is.i don't store razors with blades in them.acqua di gio a/s and edt to cap it in.awesome.i would like to thank @jtspartan Jason,@Trigger ,and @Angelo85 for the inspiration.have a fine sunday everyone..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.