April 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Mar 31, 2020.

?

Is Arko the greatest value in all of shaving?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brit

brit in a box

thank you James.one of my few non gillette shaves i will bring out this month.i also have a razorock mamba, a cooper monobilt,a merkur 34 hd,merkur 1904,and a globusmann de..fine shavers..

2. brit

brit in a box

thank you Tim,dusting them..:D

3. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jim..

4. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Fantastic report Evan!
    Finding the right combination is critical, glad you got it figured out.
    tp

5. brit

brit in a box

thank you Terry.its a fantastic shaver.i had a u.s one as well but passed it along.didn't want another rabbit hole forming.would love an f type..

6. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Great couple of shaves, Evan--you've got some sweet gear! :D

I finished up my Slim Sunday shave as well, this morning, but still haven't got around to the report--it was a fantastic shave for me. Much better than I had anticipated--glad yours worked as well (even if it's not quite as consistent as some of your other adjustables).

7. brit

brit in a box

you will get there Tim.i started de shaving when 49 ..;)

8. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

F's are tough to find, but they are nice looking.
    If you got some spare cash, you can pick up one on ebay now and then.

tp

9. brit

brit in a box

:happy102:yes sir..

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jeff! I'm getting there.
    Great shaves, Evan!

11. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

thank you!

12. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Hold on! Double checking...

PSX_20200405_125648.jpg

Yep, no watches on the list.

13. myles wilson

thanks Gary!

14. myles wilson

Thank you sir! got more coming!

15. brit

brit in a box

they are,recently watched one go for $150 u.s. they are rare but..one will show up one day..

16. timabababaluka

April 5
    Shavette Shave Paused at #33--”I Believe in Miracles”

So good it needed a thematic soundtrack. I really don’t know what to give credit for this shave. Was it a technique boost from a month’s worth of shavette shaves? Was it the Gillette Slim? Was it the universe trying to make things up to me for a lifetime of painful shaves? Was it just dumb luck? Don’t care--just glad it happened :D

Gear
    • Razor: Slim Jim (Gillette Slim set at ‘9’)
    • Blade: Personna Blue (1)
    • Brush: Stirling Finest Badger
    • Soap: Stirling Glastonbury
    • Menthol: Stirling Frost Drops (soap and AS)
    • AS: Avon Wild Country with a single Frost Drop added
    • Balm: Stirling Glacial Unscented
    20200405_065332-01.jpeg

The Shave...
    I switched up how I’ve been loading. The idea was to load my shave stick lighter on my face, but then do a similar reload for each pass. I actually got sufficient lather for two comfy passes, then a light reload for the 3rd--much better! Another change in the routine was with my Frost Drops. After building the lather on my face, I put a drop in my radioactive-green salsa bowl, gave my brush a quick swirl or two, then went back to my face. Repeated this for each new pass for a nice cool shave.

1st pass (WTG), I was super, crazy intent on riding the cap and keeping things light, and was surprised by how much my beard was reduced on a single WTG pass. Rinse and repeat for the 2nd (XTG). I was already doing really well by now--a lovely, pain-free DFS. Why push things?

Because it’s Sunday, that’s why. 3rd (ATG) pass and some minimal touch ups coming up! I followed the same procedure until I hit the chin, then forgot myself and started to bear down a bit pressure-wise for two or three strokes, caught myself, and finished the way I started.

The results? BBS and with no irritation. My brief increase in pressure earned me two weepers that disappeared with the cold water rinse. Added a single Frost Drop to my AS, then topped it all off with the Glacial Unscented Balm for one of the better shaves I’ve had in a long time. BBS with no payback is a bit or a rarity for yours truly. ;)

Have a yourselves a superlative Sunday, everybody!

Still 33 down, still 67 to go!

17. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Fantastic shave and recap Joseph. Mike’s Bay Rum is simply a wonderful bay rum scent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. timabababaluka

:D

Norcalnewb, jgreenepa, brit and 4 others like this.
  19. MrEE

MrEE Half Naked Shave Stalker

Wait, you hadn't posted your Slim shave yet? I was 500+ messages behind but figured if I didn't post my shave first it would be Thursday before I posted it.

Get on it!

20. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Super Slim Sunday shave, Tim!

Norcalnewb, jgreenepa, brit and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.