April 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Mar 31, 2020.

?

Is Arko the greatest value in all of shaving?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Glad you’re really liking the razor! How’s it compare to your CG Lvl2?

2. jgreenepa

Lovely shave, Paul!

3. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Performance-wise, it's excellent. A&E soaps hit every checkmark for me. As for the scent, it's loosely based on Aventus. If I didn't know what it was based off, I would never be able to tell. However, it's a great scent on its own, I mostly get a smokey pineapple and blackcurrant. Also, the scent is really light, much lighter than their scents usually are which is a bit disappointing, hence why I'm trying to work through it. The AS is quite nice too, more pineapple forward.

4. brit

brit in a box

:) thank you Jeff..

Last edited: Apr 8, 2020
    Norcalnewb, jluc, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  5. McCrae

McCrae Well-Known Member

Great pic. Always great to read your posts!

6. jgreenepa

Beautiful pic! You probably already know that Mantic59 rated the Blackbird best razor in the high end category for 2020.

7. jgreenepa

Thanks, Dan! Glad you enjoyed it!

Norcalnewb, jluc, clint64 and 3 others like this.
  8. jgreenepa

Looks like the shorter-handled Black Beauty. Great shave report, Terry!

9. Angelo85

Angelo85 Well-Known Member

Thanks.

Norcalnewb, jluc, clint64 and 4 others like this.
  10. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

I can't remember who coined the phrase "pre-hydrating" as a way of tiptoeing around calling it blooming. It fooled no one, but I do like the term ;) :happy102:

11. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Thank you Jeff. I'm almost 63, and I bet I'll still have the soap when I enter my 8th decade seven years from now. But that's a good thing:).

12. timabababaluka

Beautiful photo and shave, Clint!

You're a better man than I--pressure is my arch-nemesis. Even on the good shaves I catch myself stepping up the pressure and have to back things off. The bad ones I don't realize what I've done until it's too late. 25 years worth of horrible shaving habits die hard--but I kill them a little bit more each day ;)

Keithmax, jgreenepa, brit and 7 others like this.
  13. timabababaluka

Awesome shave and report, Paul! The "Y" formations seems to really be doing its thing :D

jgreenepa, brit, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  14. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

April 8
    Good afternoon guys!
    Schick Injector Razor E-3
    Schick Blade (8)
    Semogue OC Super Badger
    Stirling Sandalwood SS and AS
    Nivea ASB
    Face lathered and got a beautiful wet lather. On a 30 hr stubble, achieved an IBSS+ without any mishaps on my face or fingers. Lol! I decided to only complete 2 passes because I was doing too much buffing for this shave. Well, I guess it's time to eject the blade and inject a new one. Liberally applied the aftershave and ended with Nivea. Ok, this Saturday, I will be using a straighr razor once again. At that time, it will be 8 days since I used a straight so I am looking forward to it. Have a nice afternoon guys! 20200408_152758.jpg 20200408_152758.jpg

15. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

It is indeed. I picked up on the idea from @wristwatchb. Just seemed like my neck was one big astroturf all the time. I'd get SOME off, but you have to do better than SOME. Thanks for the compliments Tim.

Keithmax, jgreenepa, brit and 7 others like this.
  16. timabababaluka

Beautiful set up and shave, and awesome report, Blair. You've got the color matching thing going on great even without the matching brush ;)

I didn't realize Cella had an entire line of shaving software--thought it was just soap. I still use the jar my Cella came in long after I finished the shave soap. Just a very handy, perfectly sized container.

17. timabababaluka

Very nice, Angelo! That's a very pretty Tuckaway you've got there, sir :D

jgreenepa, brit, Norcalnewb and 5 others like this.
  18. timabababaluka

Fantastic report on both TAR's, Bill. It is most definitely an enviable experience to spend some time with two incredibly unique razors!

BTW, glad you finially able to outwit that Stealth TAR and get it photographed ;)

19. timabababaluka

Man, you've got those blues popping! Gorgeous photo, Gary, and great choice of gear for a Deep Blue Sea shave--even the avatar got on board ;)

jgreenepa, brit, Norcalnewb and 4 others like this.
  20. timabababaluka

Well, well, well... he's bonafied! A certified Bloomstician :D

Keithmax, jgreenepa, brit and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.