The 5 blade shave?

Discussion in 'Straight Razors' started by Grick, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Grick

Grick Active Member

This barber uses FIVE blades for a single shave. I find it a bit excessive.

Keithmax, Edison Carter and gorgo2 like this.
  2. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Great skill but I don't want to think what that costs. And he still walks out with long hair looking unkempt.

Grick likes this.
  3. Grick

Grick Active Member

Do any of you change blades during a shave?

4. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

$10 is what he said.

That barber is very meticulous and detail oriented. Most barber shaves these days are nothing but a PITA. You pay good money for a shave that is greatly inferior to what you give to yourself. This shop gives you apparently a very good shave, with a lot of plain old fashioned spoilage thrown in. It would be a once a week thing for me if I lived in that neighborhood. Especially at that price. Awesome.

The guy didn't want a haircut, just a shave. But I bet that barber gives a good cut, too.

Edison Carter and gorgo2 like this.
  5. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

$10? Wow. Wasn't blaming the barber for the guy's hair choice, it just didn't seem to fit.

Slash McCoy likes this.
  6. The Fox

The Fox Well-Known Member

Because of my interest in shaving, this guy's videos have worked their way into my YouTube feed. He's usually hanging out in southeast Asia doing things I'm not sure I'd recommend.

7. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

LOL! Some of his barbers are certainly "unusual"! In one vid he announces in the title that he has an appointment in "the back room". Yeah I admit, my morbid curiousity made me click on it. Apart from innuendo and flirtation, though, it was actually pretty innocent. Well, the parts that were recorded, anyway.

Keithmax and The Fox like this.
  8. Grick

Grick Active Member

There was this Asian barber on the side of a road who was about to shave him with a used blade. I really don't understand why you'd wanna get a shave in those countries where hygiene in most cases is not a thing.

gorgo2 likes this.
  9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Sounds like a way to end up stuffed in a steamer trunk wearing a gimp suit.