April 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Mar 31, 2020.

?

Is Arko the greatest value in all of shaving?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hembree

Hembree Not as pretty smelling

Thank Jim. We are fine, just busy. I have not grown a beard so I am still with y'all!

2. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Awesome Barbershop shave, Terry! Before I was even a member of this forum, I ran across the schematics for the TNNSER that Tom was kind enough to release. It was just when I was getting into GEM razors--had I a 3-d printer, I would have given it a shot. It's nice to see one in use! :D

3. timabababaluka

:D

clint64, Trigger, jtface and 4 others like this.
  4. timabababaluka

Thanks, Jim--if there must be blood, "a little" is my favorite quantifier (right alongside "trace" and "almost non-existent") :D

Keithmax, clint64, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  5. timabababaluka

Thank you, Dan! :D

Trigger, jtface, McCrae and 4 others like this.
  6. timabababaluka

Plan ahead, but be willing to adapt and improvise--sounds like an awesome line up! :D

clint64, Trigger, jtface and 5 others like this.
  7. timabababaluka

Lovely photo, Blair! That Toyo Hasimoto is a gorgeous razor :D

b1hart, clint64, Trigger and 5 others like this.
  8. timabababaluka

I was actually thinking the same thing :)

clint64, Trigger, jtface and 4 others like this.
  9. Terry

Terry Tool Admirer

Hey Tim Thanks!
    The TNNSER works every bit as good as a GEM.
    I get a great shave from both.
    tp

10. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, you know the deal here Tim...if I have a lousy shave one morning, it gets a rating of "Excellent". :). I mean, just plain Excellent is the lowest. But I've been here long enough to avoid "lousy" shaves. :).By the way, I did the Stoylin Tony Award in The Stoylin Exchange, where I should have all along.

11. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

I'm looking at probably 10 more years of soap to use up with what I have here . Then there are the unopened tubes and tubs .
    Nice stuff Tom!!
    Hahahaha. That was awesome Tim!!! So glad you are part of this group.
    Great shave! Try the sweeping motion under the nose . I haven't nicked myself there since . Actually since I brought my blade angle up about 5 degrees from my skin I haven't encountered a setdown error since either and am getting better end results .

12. timabababaluka

Thanks, James--ninja or Jedi or samurai... I'd be thrilled with either result (but I'd still happy with kid-with-a-sharpened-Popsicle-stick-that-doesn't-cut-himself-when-he-shaves) ;)

Keithmax, clint64, Trigger and 6 others like this.
  13. Paul Turner

10 years sounds about right for most of mine, too.Oh did you mean for your entire collection?

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  14. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Thanks Tim!

15. 9nein9

9nein9 Guest

Great shave Terry! The net gets slow and wonky here at times too. Darn neighborhood kids using up all the bandwidth. Bahhh.

You deserve a day off Joe! But that also means a double length post with more details and extra pics tomorrow!!

Good choice Myles !! Hope all is well with you.

16. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Very nice shave, Myles. The J-hook is a handy technique to get the trouble spots on my neck smooth. I never thought of trying it with a shavette. Now you got me thinking...If I don't post my next shave soon, you'll know things went south. :)

Judging from your classic music choices, you must be an old man at heart. I always tell people I'm a kid trapped in an old man's body. As far as music goes, though, we're on the same page. ;)

I hope all is well, my friend. How is school going?

17. myles wilson

It's good, Getting done with school soon. roughly 4 weeks left and were out. and yea, personally I wouldn't recommend that with a Shavette LOL. How are you doing? :)

18. myles wilson

Glad to see you back again sir! seems like a while!

19. Paul Turner

See, there's ANOTHER likeness you and I havem @wristwatchb -we're kids that are trapped in the bodies of old men.

20. myles wilson

well, you like pinaud, I like pinaud. I guess were both old men at the same time ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.