Favorite Coffe Brand/ Flavor

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by Daytonkb, Oct 26, 2013.

1. S Barnhardt

S Barnhardt Old, Crusty Barn

I'm afraid "instant gratification" has taken over in our house when it comes to coffee, especially in the morning!
    It is an "iffy" place to be until the first few swigs of coffee have gone down! After that, things improve.

However, since we have a natural gas stove, we do have a mostly "all glass" stove top percolator for those rare times the power goes off rendering the Keurig inoperative. It's a hoot to watch.

2. wchnu

wchnu Duck Season!

Yup those are a ton of fun !!!

S Barnhardt and brit like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

We haven't use Folgers red can in over 10 years because the quality dropped. Was at Big Lots this morning and rolled the dice on a 3.99 can of Folgers Noir Rich Satin. Was prepared to be disappointed but it's surprisingly very good, very flavorful, very smooth. Would definitely buy again.

S Barnhardt and Enrico like this.
  4. Todd Pedlar

Todd Pedlar Well-Known Member

My general go-to is Lavazza Sinfonico or Gran Filtro Dark Roast - stovetop Bialetti coffee maker or French Press.

gorgo2 likes this.
  5. DaltonGang

DaltonGang Ol' Itchy Whiskers

Still drinking Texas Pecan, from the local convenience store, each morning at work. They have these large machines, with hoppers on top, that allows three types of coffee beans. You select your type, it grinds the beans, packs it down, then quickly brews it, like at a coffee house. It then automatically discards the grounds. Fresh ground every cup, and better than CharBucks coffee.
    On my weekend, I enjoy a nice Kahlua Coffee, made in a French Press.

gorgo2 likes this.
  6. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I'm a Folgers man muhself....I haven't noticed the drop in its quality.

gorgo2, Dan The Man and S Barnhardt like this.
  7. Dan The Man

Dan The Man New Member

Same here been using Folgers Classic for years and still like it. Once in a while I'll buy a can of Chock Full of Nuts which is also good coffee.

S Barnhardt, gorgo2 and Paul Turner like this.
  8. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Maybe it was just the Gourmet Supreme.

S Barnhardt likes this.
  9. Xring3

Xring3 Well-Known Member

Folgers or Maxwell House. They are usually on sale somewhere. Hills Brothers sometimes. I’ll try any other brand if the price is right.

S Barnhardt likes this.
  10. Leo501

Leo501 Well-Known Member

I prefer a medium roast. Two of my faves are Seattle's Best Coffee and Gevalia. Currently enjoying some local java from one of the many small roasters that are popping up in cities and suburbs across the country, House Cup Coffee, with an online store as well as brick & mortar.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  11. Badgerstate

Badgerstate Well-Known Member

Ive become a big fan of Aldi's coffee lately. Its cheap and its good. Back in the fall I was at Aldi and needed coffee, so I took a chance on their Specially Selected German Rosted and it was surprisingly good. Like, really good for being less than $4.
    Recently, I picked up some of their Barissimo brand coffee and its really good too. Plus its cheap, which is always good.
    I used to always buy Dunkin Dark or Folger's Noir but Ive been enjoying Aldi coffee lately and any time I can find an excuse to buy more of my groceries at Aldi, thats never a bad thing.

12. whaap

whaap Active Member

Starbuck's here. We love the Italian Roast in our Cuisinart and Caffe Verona in our Keurig.

Paul Turner likes this.
  13. lindyhopper66

lindyhopper66 Well-Known Member

Any Counter Culture Coffee

14. SharptoothC

SharptoothC I bite..........

I've mostly been roasting my own coffee of late. My preference when I can get it is Ethiopian Yirgacheffe.

When we do get store bought, we often buy Aldi brand. When I want to treat myself I'll stop by a local roaster called Stone Roastery or one in a neighboring town called New Moon.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk