The pains of getting old

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, Apr 23, 2020.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Never had a pulled groin but I do now. Minor one but feel like I need a cane. Know what I did to get it? Walking the dog is the only thing I can think of. Aging ain't all it's cracked up to be.

brit likes this.
  2. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Sorry to hear. I hope the dog wasn't a greyhound...I know from experience THEY walk YOU.

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  3. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

He's a big retriever mix with ADHD, which at 75 lbs is bad enough.

brit and Paul Turner like this.
  4. whaap

whaap Active Member

Welcome to the club. :)

brit and gorgo2 like this.
  5. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Sure blame it on the dog ..... it was probably some other activity :sexe:

:eatdrink013:

speedster, whaap, brit and 1 other person like this.
  6. Macbeth

Macbeth Active Member

I forgot to put the coffee grounds in the coffee maker this morning.
    So I poured a steaming cup of hot water.
    Gotta FOCUS on little things a LOT more

7. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

My mother told me that the golden years of life are when you are younger and don't know any better. So I took her wisdom and went on holidays and ate good and tried to do things of interest. Now in my declining years she did me a favor for sharing her thoughts when she was in her declining days! If you have a good gene pool for health & longevity consider it a blessing and enjoy!

8. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

I've done both...forget the coffee grounds AND forget the water(different times though...I've yet to forget BOTH for preparing the same cuppa coffee).

9. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yep, same.

brit likes this.
  10. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

"Youth is wasted on the stupid, " I once read. It's more true than not but such is the nature of wisdom, which is acquired only with time, often through trials and pain.

11. whaap

whaap Active Member

I was a young adult having a friendly conversation with my parents when I asked: "Why is wealth wasted on the old?" Without loosing a beat my mother said: "Why is health wasted on the young?" Ouch - I'll never forget.

burnout961, brit and gorgo2 like this.
  12. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    My son got me a coffee maker that makes a cup at a time. Twice, I have forgot to put the cup under it. I'm trying to remember as hard as I can. 16 oz of coffee all over the counter. Cleaning up ain't fun. Can't hide it from SWMBO.

13. John Beeman

John Beeman Little chicken in hot water

I get quite a few visits from my uncle Al these days.
    Al Zheimer

In fact, some times he stops by and I don’t even realize he’s visited until after he leaves.

14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Before a medical issue was addressed, I was getting absent minded. Started to be worrisome. I had a big all in one grinder/drip unit. More than once I filled the tank with water from the carafe, set down the carafe, and walked away, never putting the carafe under the spigot. Flooded the counter. Other times I did all that right, but forgot the beans. Ended up with hot water and medium ground air.

Now I use an old percolator. There's not as much to forget.

burnout961 and brit like this.
  15. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    It's my Uncle Arthur. Arthur Itis, who visits me.