Gone in 60 Seconds..

Discussion in 'The Good Life' started by brit, Apr 26, 2020.

1. brit

brit in a box

awesome..:).love it in silver..

Jim99 and jgreenepa like this.
  2. brit

brit in a box

with the 302 zapper..cool car..:)..

Jim99 likes this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

looks awesome Jeff..:)

jgreenepa likes this.
  4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Keith, @Keithmax they are awesome cars when they’re running, but a devil to maintain! Stability has been achieved in most classic British Roadsters by swapping out the original parts (in the case of my TR6 it involved exchanging the original Lukas wire harness for a Bosch and the Stromberg Carbs for Webers.). There are those in my Triumph club who look down their noses at me riding around in a ‘non-original’ TR. I always wave to them as I pass them by the side of the road at rallies! :D

5. jgreenepa

Thanks, Gary! But being a classic Mustang guy, you get what it takes to keep the apples of our eye rolling down the road.

Jim99 and brit like this.
  6. jgreenepa

Gorgeous car, Jim! I love my ‘75 French Blue!
    0506829A-7101-4B59-8A82-B574707DFAF5.jpeg

7. brit

brit in a box

yes sir,my father restored a green version of your baby in our home shop..looked beautiful..it was a regular vintage racer at our local track in the 80s..

Keithmax, Jim99 and jgreenepa like this.
  8. jgreenepa

I used to own a ‘72 in British Racing Green version like your dads. It was the inspiration for my conversions! All original the dang thing never ran! My ‘75 went from 118 HP to 160 with my carburetor conversion alone. They’re great cars, and mine runs pretty consistently! When I remarried, part of the contract involved sufficient garage space for the baby! :)

Edison Carter, Jim99 and brit like this.
  9. brit

brit in a box

awesome..as it should..our cars are family members..:)

Jim99 and jgreenepa like this.
  10. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

It is possible. When I moved here in 2001 I looked into brining my corvette with me. At that time the import tax was based on the engine size, between the shipping and import tax it would have cost more than I paid for the car.

I should check again. I will also check with the Chevrolet dealer here and see if they import a corvette for me.... first I need to make some money to pay for it.

11. PanChango

PanChango Not Cute

My father was a motor-head and raced cars through most of the 60's and early 70's. He had a '67 Shelby GT 350, light green with white stripes that he sold a month before I learned to drive. He said I would either destroy the car or die trying (and he was probably right.) Unfortunately having lived in large cities for most of my existence, cars were more of a point A to point B thing for me and I never owned anything fun. I always liked station wagons and loved watching them race in the euro sedan class racing. A hot rod Datsun 510 wagon would fill the vintage fun for me. If I could afford it, the new Audi RS6 Avant wagon is a brawler.

03-_D8O2607.jpg

And here's the link to $110k station wagon... lol
    https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-rs6-avant-preview

12. brit

brit in a box

fair enough,very important..;)..i like the chevrolet dealer idea..new or used c-6 or 7 are nice cars..:)

Keithmax likes this.
  13. whaap

whaap Active Member

Reminds me of a type of car that doesn't seem to get the attention they deserve anymore but are beautiful non-the-less; the Shooting-Brake.

PanChango, Jim99 and brit like this.
  14. brit

brit in a box

very cool 510 wagon..a few friend have been into datsun 510's over the years cool cars to build up a play with..here is your gt.. download (8).jpg download (7).jpg

15. Slash McCoy

Slash McCoy Well-Known Member

I once had a 63 Nova that my GF had bought for $600, hammered/pulled the dents, sanded, filled, and painted all by herself (thanks, youtube) while I was at sea. I put a 350 from a wrecked vette in her which is a VERY simple mod and one that was often done back in the day. GF never put the old trim and insignia back on so it was sort of a mystery car. Surprised a lot of kids with hot rice burners when I left them behind at stop lights. And the car had bench seats and no seat belts. Class! You can get more honeys in the front seat with you! Hold my beer, and watch THIS, LOL!!!

I would like to have another just like it. Or else, an early 70's Charger. Regardless, my dream car would have a proper transmission and not an automatic, which is a failure point waiting to fail. And points and carburetor cause you can always get it running sweet on your own, without taking it to a shop. I don't like all that space shuttle crap under MY hood, no. Honorable mentions to a Shelby GT or a vintage vette, or a challenger. Wow those were great, fun cars!

Also mention... a vintage El Dorado with the big bubba 500 in it, and twin 4-barrels. I had a '79, the last of the big El Dorados. You could watch the needle move on the gas gauge but it was hot on the open road, and very very comfortable. I had an automatic trans in it, but no biggie. Top end, no idea, cause the speedo topped out with a lot of oomph left in her. It was a big, heavy rocketship.

16. brit

brit in a box

63 nova's are cool cars.almost got one in the early 80s as a first car,but too rusty in these parts..settled for a red 70 dart..points and carbs rule .as a mechanic i had no issues .part of the gear head experience..:).. download (9).jpg

Dave in KY, TestDepth, Ron R and 3 others like this.
  17. Keithmax

All that is important to me is that it looks great and runs. Enjoy your modified TR!

Your post has me seriously considering the idea. If I go vintage and ever need a part... :angry019: shipping is a fortune these days. I do like C-6 and 7 a lot. If I get through dealer here then parts and service are at least accessible.

brit, Jim99 and Edison Carter like this.
  18. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

Keith, you know you really want one of these babies...
    6F5347D6-3719-452D-ACC1-8E30A0A48F05.jpeg

19. Keithmax

You guys are evil, how did you know? So I checked the Korea GM website and no Corvettes but they do sell Camaro SS. I will need to drop by a show and see if I can order a Vette. The only problem other than price will be clearance. My apartment uses elevator parking for the cars so there is a minimum clearance the car needs.

20. Jim99

Jim99 Gold Water Shaver

48.6 inches or 123.4 cm in height. 76.1 inches or 193.3 cm in width. With that issue resolved, you know you’re gonna love it!
    :p

brit and Keithmax like this.