What Manly Things Did You Do Today?

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by jwr0201, Jan 17, 2015.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Snake is back, patrolling my front yard. Dog growled again, saw several lizards frozen in place, and there he/she was sliding through the grass.

Tanuki, Enrico and brit like this.
  2. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

He likes you .... he's your new pet snake.

:eatdrink013:

richgem, efsk, brit and 1 other person like this.
  3. brit

brit in a box

he's found his new hunting grounds..

Enrico likes this.
  4. efsk

efsk Active Member

Reminds me of a former co-worker who got mousefriendly mousetraps. Caught a mouse with it, took the trap with him to the park across the street, set the mouse free. Mouse was back home faster than he was.

Enrico, richgem and brit like this.
  5. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

Back to the forest with my new-to-me lightweight 2 1/2 lb Brazilian grub hoe/pulaski. Put in an actual 8 hour swing shift of forestry labor. Will see if I can walk tomorrow. Probably more manly if I don’t take two days to recover.

BigMike and Enrico like this.
  6. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I worked with one of those in Africa for about 4-5 months and I honestly know what your going through ..... I was 47 at the time. You feel like death the fist week, but then it gets better. BTW I broke two of those hoes ..... just remember to sharpen it periodically.

brit likes this.
  7. Tanuki

Tanuki Well-Known Member

I’m thinking you were one rugged individual after 1 month swinging a hoe, let alone 5!

It is usually a long walk back to the rig, so I always have a single cut file with me.

Still, standing up and swinging the hoe beats getting down on my knees, fishing around in a side hill with some loppers feeling for the main root on a scotch broom, and hoping to have enough clearance to operate the handles. That hoe is a miracle of modern technology.

I was moving pretty slow this A.M.

brit and Enrico like this.
  8. Troy M

Troy M Prep: Mephitis mephitis musk

I had to patch a sprinkler line today. Dig the hole, cut out the split part of the line, added a splicer, tightened up the clamps and then...fought the timer until I finally broke down and read the instructions on the inside of the cover to make that zone sprinkle so I could see if the patch held. It did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brit, efsk, Tanuki and 3 others like this.
  9. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

Wimp.
    :lam:

Troy M, richgem, brit and 1 other person like this.
  10. efsk

efsk Active Member

"If all else fails, read the manual." I forgot who it was that said that.

Troy M, Enrico and brit like this.
  11. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Your dad ..... after your mom told him to. :D

Troy M, BigMike and richgem like this.
  12. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

* ahem * ... nagged him to ... I mean... persistently and repeatedly suggested that as a required course of action. ;)

Troy M and Enrico like this.
  13. BigMike

BigMike Well-Known Member

I think it was Viktor IKEA.

Troy M, Sara-s and brit like this.
  14. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Rescued a helpless cat.

20200502_081739_resize_33.jpg

Then he got stuck cuz he's not as thin and agile as he thinks.

Yeah, the tub needs work.

esvh, brit and Enrico like this.
  15. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Orange kitty's are the best. :)

gorgo2 likes this.
  16. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Yes they are. Calicos too, they're always sweet natured.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    Enrico likes this.
  17. gssixgun

gssixgun At this point in time...

Supporting Vendor
    Well it was a good day outside

Got the smaller garden tilled and ready for planting, not sure exactly what we are going to do this year yet..

[​IMG]

Then I finally got around to using the huge Cottonwood Logs from a few years ago, I knew I kept them for a reason :p

I measured out 100 yards form the big shop door and dug in a backstop, added a wall of wood in front of the dirt to complete a new weatherproof rifle range..
    I guess my next project is to build a solid shooting bench in there :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Time for the Pew Pew Pew :)

Droo78, Enrico, joamo and 2 others like this.
  18. Sara-s

Sara-s This Pun for Hire

We went to the park for some archery. While there, we were able to give some safety instruction and technique tips to a beginner (from a safe distance, of course.) I really do get a great deal of joy from helping new archers get started in the sport.

gssixgun, Preacher, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  19. Preacher

Preacher Well-Known Member

One of the effect of the "shelter at home" policy is that I have more time on my hands. I finally returned to the Pathfinder I was working on. I got the transfer case installed, exhaust installed, and started it up. Took it for a drive and the brakes went right to the ground (although the master cylinder is full). So today, I removed the wheels to bleed the system (truck has been sitting undriven for about a year). The calipers were so rusty that I broke both bleed valves and decided I had done enough today. Time to order new calipers.

Enrico and DaltonGang like this.
  20. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

I had a second interview at the company; as apposed to the two over the phone over an hour and a half.

Went to see my Mom and Dad then later my sister. With mask of course.

:eatdrink047: