April 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix and Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Bama Samurai, Mar 31, 2020.

?

Is Arko the greatest value in all of shaving?

Poll closed Apr 30, 2020.
  1. Yes

16 vote(s)
    72.7%
  2. Yes

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thank you, Patrick.

clint64, Trigger, brit and 1 other person like this.
  2. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

I will go one better. Is an 800 dollar Max Sprecher straight really going to give a better shave than a 100 dollar + Dovo or a Böker straight? I don't own a Sprecher, but I don't think your going to get that much of better shave to justify the cost. Putting it another way, whether you drive a 4 door Toyota sedan or a Caddy, you are going to arrive at the same destination. I get that ooh factor and craftsmanship, but is the premium on a custom justifiable? It depends on the individual. Hopefully, I might find out one day.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
    jgreenepa, clint64, Keithmax and 3 others like this.
  3. Tommynick

Tommynick Well-Known Member

Thanks. It is. A nice change of pace from the DES.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Your grandfather??? You make me feel OLD! My father was a Naval Flight Surgeon in that same theater. I’m a classic post WWII baby boomer. Dad was discharged in 46, and I arrived in 47.

5. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

As you and @brit, Gary,know it’s about the sizzle, not the steak! There are some people who’ll settle for nothing less than a Ferrari. I’m perfectly happy with my TR6, and have been for 45 years!

6. Keithmax

Keithmax Breeds Pet Rocks

When I posted it was April, not it’s May here.

Congratulations

I am both inexpensive and cheap straight razors, as long as the steel is good, geometry is correct and they have a fine edge they shave the same. They do handle and feel different on the skin and in hand but that is not always a function of cost. I like they way the look and to support the modern artisans. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder but you can get an epic for not a lot of money.

7. myles wilson

myles wilson Moth Ball Mouth

Thanks Keith!

8. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks for your thoughts Keith.

timabababaluka and jluc like this.
  9. timabababaluka

timabababaluka No exceptions. Except.....

Not that old--my mother and father arrived in 46 as well :)

jgreenepa and jluc like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.