Hello, I'm New Here And Hope For Some Useful Information From Members

Discussion in 'Welcome Center' started by John Clark, May 4, 2020.

1. John Clark

John Clark New Member

Hello, my name is John.

I found this forum when searching for forums discussing electric shavers. After reading a few discussions from the Google search, I signed up. Now that I'm registered, I see there is not even a section for them here. For reasons too lengthy to go into, I can't use a blade to shave, so a good electric shaver is important, especially as I shave both my head, and a significant portion of my face.

My Panasonic that I have used the past 7-8 years is starting to die. I need to replace it very soon. The online electric shaver ratings read a bit too much like ad's for the various models, and leave other things tobe desired. I'll be starting a new discussion requesting what people's thoughts are on whats the best available option. I hope there are actually enough electric users here to be able to offer some meaningful help, as I've not really found another shaving related forum. Thanks.

John

TestDepth, steve207, Enrico and 2 others like this.
  2. stuartganis

stuartganis Well-Known Member

Welcome from West Tennessee...

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

3. david of central florida

david of central florida Rhubarb Rubber

Hello and welcome
    Hope you find what your looking for

4. Moose

Moose Well-Known Member

Hello. Stick around here for a just a little while, or even all day, and you'll drop the electric razor like a bad habit.

5. Erik Redd

Erik Redd Lizabeth, baby, I'm comin' to join ya.

Welcome John. I don't use an electric razor but if I shaved my head I'd strongly consider it. I hope someone else on the forum can give good advice.

6. PLANofMAN

PLANofMAN Eccentric Razor Collector Staff Member

Moderator Article Team
    All other things being equal, have you considered replacing the built in batteries in the panasonic?

Enrico likes this.
  7. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

John, welcome to The Shave Den! My name is Charlie.

You won't find a lot of electric shaver fans here. I think most guys are using them in secret. :) Whatever works for you and/or you enjoy using is what you should use.

I used an electric razor for about 30 years before I switched to a double edge razor. I got good service out of the no-frills corded Norelco rotary shavers that I picked up at Walmart. A $35 razor would last me 5 to 7 years. It was, by far, the most economical way I've found to get a decent shave.

I've had a Braun electric shaver for the last few years. I'll use it if I'm in a rush, and it provides a good shave. It's not that much better than a Norelco, but it cost quite a lot more. I should have stuck with Norelco.

My wife uses a Panasonic wet/dry electric shaver, and she loves it. When hers went belly up after a few years, she picked up a similar model on Amazon.

I hope this helps, and I'm glad you landed here with us.

Erik Redd likes this.
  8. Enrico

Enrico Popcorn

Welcome @John Clark ..... I hope you find the assistance you need.

:eatdrink047:

9. kjbarth

kjbarth Well-Known Member

Welcome from NJ

10. steve207

steve207 Well-Known Member

Welcome john from Washington State john I'm wet electric shaver mostly because of my disability i can help if need i also do de and shavette from time to when my body let's me do it but mostly wet electric shaving so just me a shout.

11. Fiorellini

Fiorellini Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum John.

12. MR41

MR41 Well-Known Member

13. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
  14. John Clark

John Clark New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. They are not replaceable in the model I have, unfortunately. And its also costing me a fortune in replacement foil/blade assemblies, to the tune of 3-4 a year!

15. John Clark

John Clark New Member

Thanks for the suggestion. They are not replaceable in the model I have, unfortunately. And its also costing me a fortune in replacement foil/blade assemblies, to the tune of 3-4 a year!

16. John Clark

John Clark New Member

17. John Clark

John Clark New Member

Oops, sorry about the multiple copies of that reply, the first two times I clocked on "post reply" nothing happened, even after a minute or two. And then there were three!

18. John Clark

John Clark New Member

I also just posted a full explanation of the help I am looking for inn the "general shaving talk" forum. Thanks to everyone for the greetings and kind assistance.

John

wristwatchb likes this.
  19. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team