Uber Eats question

Discussion in 'The Chatterbox' started by gorgo2, May 6, 2020.

1. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Never used the service before but got a gift card from work.

Downloaded app, entered gift card info which was approved.

It also seemed to insist on entering CC info or I couldn't go any further. I have no intention of ever charging my CC for food delivery but as long as the gift balance is what's used, fine.

Tried four different restaurants. Got to checkout and all of them said the selected balance (gift) is not being accepted at this time. Didn't say why. Appeared to want to default to CC.

Anyone use this service before, with a gift balance? Am I missing something here or do restaurants choose not to accept Uber Eats gift card balances?

MR41 likes this.
  2. whaap

whaap Active Member

Return it to your employer and tell them thanks but no thanks. Let them know that it requires you to disclose private information you're not willing to divulge. Perhaps they weren't aware of that. If they were aware of it you haven't lost anything.

steve207 and gorgo2 like this.
  3. richgem

richgem suffering from chronic clicker hand cramps

Just guessing here, but maybe due to the lock down either certain restaurants or Uber Eats isn't processing gift card balances right now. Maybe something to do with reduced staffing in terms of getting the credit to the restaurant?

gorgo2 likes this.
  4. gorgo2

gorgo2 geezerhood

Could be.