SoS: May 2020

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by Tim Spencer, Apr 30, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks!

brit likes this.
  2. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

Looks pretty good from the photo, lucky you!

brit and jgreenepa like this.
  3. ram57

ram57 Don't Open til Christmas

Thank you, Joseph!

Primotenore and brit like this.
  4. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

May 20th
    Br. Aristocrat Jr w Lord Platinum
    Stirling Finest / Maple
    Fine Platinum combo
    Thayers
    IMG_4828.jpg
    Have a great day all!

5. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, WED, May20th 2020

Razor: Ming Shi 2000 adjustable -MFG 2016> This razor is a clone of the Merkur futur, have not used for some time!
    I read on another forum this fellow always goes upwards in his adjustable razor settings, with this razor I always go 3 then 4 then 5 & it works out OK, just testing his theory over a few years, curious type [​IMG] !
    Blade: Personna red (4) I like this blade in certain razors, great results usually.
    Soap: Razorock Irish Countryside, mild scent with great lather qualities. RR XXX aftershave good match.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow with brown whiskers 26 mm - this brush is awesome on the face with it's soft tips.
    Pre- shave: Shower + brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + cleanup.
    Post shave: Razorock XXX with witch hazel + a small dollop of Nivea sensitive balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BsS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] Ok a shave with the big head Ming Shi 2000.

SOTD, WED,May 20 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

6. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

It’s actually still pretty rough. It’s not the best shaver. Better with a Schick Proline than the Chinese Schick blades. I’ll be shaving with a cut down Feather Super next. I’ve one more shave with the Proline. The Chinese Schick was worthless.

Edison Carter, brit and Ron R like this.
  7. celestino

celestino Friendly Neighborhood Wetshaver

:)

brit likes this.
  8. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    Wednesday, May 20
    [​IMG]
    Williams~~Mondial~~Gillette/Sharp Star~~Aramis
    Have a great day!

9. AlfredoT

AlfredoT Well-Known Member

Ever tried, Joseph, the Aramis soap?

Primotenore and brit like this.
  10. Tdmsu

Tdmsu Well-Known Member

1a178b83-274b-4e15-b68f-e0326ee6cd89.jpg
    Lyssadnesday
    This was my first shave with Lyssa. I know the scent is polarizing, but I like it. I think I can pick out the violet, and then it dries down to a woody floral. It makes me think of a classy cologne or a confident gentleman. The performance is typical excellence from B&M.

Rating: 5 / 5

Razor: Rockwell 6s R6
    Blade: Voskhod
    Brush: Lutin Chubby Lightning
    Pre-Shave: Proraso Red
    Lather: B&M Lyssa
    Aftershave: B&M Lyssa

11. brit

brit in a box

awesome shave and pic..

Tdmsu likes this.
  12. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

30BC6830-5CCE-418A-A1C0-8C56C6D18AD5.jpeg
    SOTD WEDNESDAY, MAY 20, 2020

After receiving my free Schick Type F, I spent a few days cleaning it up. While doing so I read extensively on what I could expect shave-wise. The most extensive practical thread was on B&B. It was started by a guy with two Type Fs, a user and what he described as a NOS model. Now I realize given the adage we all know (YMMV), different skin types and beard growth patterns yield different results. He described the F Type as a moderately aggressive shaver. That has not been my experience at all. Yesterday’s shave was extremely mild with a Chinese Schick Blade. So much so that after 4 passes I barely had what could be characterized as a CCS. The B&B writer was either a downy cheeked boy, or there were technical issues afoot. I suspected and hoped for the latter.

So for today’s shave I loaded a Schick Proline blade. The shave was slightly better, but only because I changed the shave angle such that the razor handle was perpendicular to the shave surface and applied a fair bit of pressure. This is not the way my E Type, G Type or L Type Shave. The F Type did shave, but again only a CCS, and a very uneven one at that. It was so frustrating that I pulled out my Shake Sharp and finished the shave after two frustrating ATG passes. The Shake Sharp sheared through the remaining very uneven stubble right down to the skin line. The two positives about this shave were the Nancy Boy Signature shave cream I used, and a surprisingly capable little Kent Synthetic shave brush I ignored for months after receiving it as part of the TSD Secret Santa last year.

Mantic59 described Nancy Boy as one of the best premium shave creams available in his 2019 end of year review. And he wasn’t kidding. I’ve never experienced as thick, shiny, slick and luxurious a lather from a shave cream before. This is right up there with MWF. Perfect for a nasal barbarian den, as there is no overpowering scent resulting in a happy fragrance-sensitive SWMBO. The little Kent Synthetic had great backbone which proved quite effective as it performed beautifully throughout the shave. The 6 drops of M-Bomb set the stage for a spectacular finish with Krampert’s Frostbyte AS. I feel clean, very cool, smooth and refreshed. Tomorrow I’ll be loading a trimmed down Feather Super AC blade in my quest to achieve a decent shave from this razor.

RAZOR: Schick Type F
    BLADE: Schick B-20 Proline Injector
    PREP: Cold water rinse
    BRUSH: Kent Infinity Synthetic
    CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Krampert’s Frostbyte AS Splash.

13. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Thanks, Gary!

brit likes this.
  14. Boojum1

Boojum1 Valet Parking Available Here

May 20, 2020

Colonial AL General
    Feather Pro
    Shavemac ATG LE Silvertip D01 Flat Top
    Saponificio Varesino Opuntia
    Fine Platinum
    Creed Aventus

[​IMG]

15. poppi

poppi Well-Known Member

Rotbard #15 razor
    Treet 7 Days blade
    Plisson/L'Occitane synthetic brush
    CRSW Schapenmelk SS
    Osage Rub/Witch Hazel w/aloe
    Old Spice Fresh Lime A/S

Nice shave. The Treet 7 Days blade is a really good one for me, smooth-effective-comfortable. My face is happy. Now go enjoy your day folks

16. Primotenore

Article Team
    That's a beautiful Aristocrat, Jason. I don't remember seeing it before.

brit and jtspartan like this.
  17. Primotenore

Article Team
    Ciao Sergio. No, I haven't. It is ridiculously expensive.

AlfredoT likes this.
  18. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Crazy Good pics & Kits..... Your Shave-Fu is strong, Gents. :kar::happy096:

21FCA66E-4226-46A4-AD18-CE94150B64FD.gif

Norcalnewb, AlfredoT, BigD and 15 others like this.
  19. Str8on2

Str8on2 Well-Known Member

Executive Shaving Claymore V2 & Schick Proline
    APShave 28mm Silksmoke Winter
    LNHC TSC LE Barber Shoppe
    Acqua di Gio Profumo a/s splash-tonico
    Acqua di Gio Profumo Parfum

719E19C1-ED17-4A24-B7E2-C540085E3E8F.jpeg
    The Claymore is a Gentle Giant. A brute but, it dances with ballerina type precision. One of the best razors for a 2 pass BBS finish regardless of razor & blade format in the game. Hell of a razor.
    Great day and shaves to all....

20. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Many thanks! :happy088:

Norcalnewb, Str8on2 and brit like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.