May 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 30, 2020.

?

What will you be "mixing up" in May?

1. Razors I rarely/never use

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Blades I rarely/never use

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Soaps I rarely/never use

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Brushes I rarely/never use

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. A combination of everything just thrown together like a salad!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Who said you could suggest a salad?! We eat cookies here!!!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Gonna PIF some stuff and try to win some PIF'd stuff to replace it!

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. I miss Chris's intros with only two questions. This is just ridiculous!! Sheesh!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thanks Tim! I get my weeps usually on mustache area and they are relatively minor. I don't chase BBS as much because I really don't need to do so. In my early days of my journey, I did because it was a pride thing and it also helped me to develop my technique faster. Now, I settle for just short of BBS and I am fine with it.

Keithmax, jtspartan, clint64 and 5 others like this.
  2. Pancake

Pancake Member

I didn´t even know that I was doing this challenge :D
    But I did switch a brush during May, used to use Omega boar, but after getting Stirling synthetic, I just dont really want to go back to boar. No soak time sold me on synthetic.

My gear for May:
    RaroRock JAWS
    Gillette Rubie
    Haslinger Schafmilch
    Homemade witch hazel aftershave
    Nivea balm

3. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Nice setup!
    Welcome to the Crew!

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

clint64, brit, timabababaluka and 2 others like this.
  4. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

May 21st
    Razor: Carbon Shaving Cx-316L
    Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (3)
    Brush: Simpson CH2 synthetic
    Pre-shave: PAA The Cube
    Soap: A&E St Barts
    PAA Galactic witch hazel
    PAA unscented Star Jelly
    AS: A&E St Barts

Good morning!

Wonderful shave to start the day! Three passes for near BBS. Nearly silent alum.

Have a great day!

[​IMG]

5. Primotenore

Primotenore missed opera tunity

Article Team
    :signs001: Jim.

clint64, brit, Trigger and 2 others like this.
  6. wristwatchb

wristwatchb wristwatch "danger" b

Hello Joseph. Beautiful setup and shave, as always!

I haven't cracked open my Aramis Tobacco Reserve yet. Lately, I've been in a "use it up" mode of my open containers, but I will give it a go soon, and you'll be the first to know. :)

I managed to complete 42 of my 100 shaves using my Parker SRX. The last few of them have been with Feather blades. I hope to complete this focus later in the year. The last few days have been filled with activity preparing for our trip to Minnesota, so my shaves have occurred every couple of days in the shower. I can get a BBS shave (as close as I come to one, anyway) with a cart. I finish up with a nice aftershave and cologne, so all is not lost. I'm debating whether I should pack a Gillette adjustable, my Trac II, or both.

In a few days, Minnesota will take temporary ownership of my Bride and me and therefore become much nicer. We moved into our new home one year ago and had no idea what this past year would bring. Such is life. We try to take it a day at a time and be thankful for our many (more than we realize or could even count) blessings.

Anyway, I'm still present and accounted and hope you all are doing well. I miss being with you all every day, and I hope to jump back in soon.

Meanwhile, gotta go pack...

1.jpg

There's so much wood grain on the Family Truckster...not sure how to flame it. :)

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  7. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

So good to hear from you, Charlie! Safe travels and continued prayers.

8. Norcalnewb

Norcalnewb Magnanimous Moos

Wonderful picture, Jim!

9. Norcalnewb

Good to hear from you, Charlie! I hope all is well with you and your bride. Safe travels to Minnesota; I'll be praying for you both.

10. jluc

jluc smelling pretty

Thanks, Jim!

clint64, brit, Trigger and 1 other person like this.
  11. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

Jason, that may be the case! I've arranged for Razor Emporium to do a tune-up on it. My shave this morning was pretty much along the lines of the two previous shaves. My C Type, E Type, G Type and L Type all shave fine for me. It’s going in the mail today. Something is clearly off about this razor.

12. Norcalnewb

083883D0-CE7C-4E0C-B042-055D701ADD99.jpeg

May 21 SOTD:

Razor: Razorock SS Lupo
    Blade: Polsilver
    Brush: PAA Peregrino
    Lather: PAA First Night
    Aftershave: PAA First Night
    Additional Care:
    Unrefined Shea Butter

Another uneventful shave. This scent has grown on me a bit, as I get stronger leather notes this time around. The raspberry is still dominant, but a little more leather and some nice vanilla. I hope everyone has a great day!

13. jgreenepa

The shave today was the same issue again, Jim. Something is off about the head geometry. All my other injectors shave just fine for me. I'm sending it off to Razor Emporium for a tune-up. They did wonders with my Ambassador. So here’s hoping they’ll straighten this out.

14. Trigger

Wonderful start to your day Jim!

15. Norcalnewb

I hope they can get it sorted out. Those are stunning razors, and your razor has a great history.

16. jgreenepa

Tim, thanks! I already shaved with the Spadson this month! That's sufficient mayhem for me this month. Given everyone else’s experience with this razor I suspect the head geometry is off. I shave fine with my C Type, E Type , G Type and L Type injectors. There is some damage to the interior of the right side of the razor. It did go through the Pacific theater with the original owner during WWII.
    29CA389A-60B6-4D4F-9AD1-FE9870D022D8.jpeg
    I've arranged a tune up with Razor Emporium for it. They did a beautiful job with my Ambassador. Let’s hope the same holds true for my F Type.

17. Trigger

Thanks for the update Charlie! In a few days, you and Kathy will start this road trip may God bestow traveling mercies onto both of you.

clint64, wristwatchb, brit and 3 others like this.
  18. Trigger

NIce one Jim!

clint64, brit, Norcalnewb and 2 others like this.
  19. jgreenepa

You may be right, Joe. As I told Tim, there is some damage to the interior of the right side of the head. I suspect the head geometry may be off. A9E952E7-3C90-4DB6-8A07-9D692ECB0CDC.jpeg
    Let’s hope the tune-up I arranged at Razor Emporium can repair the issue.

Edison Carter, clint64, brit and 4 others like this.
  20. Trigger

Hopefully they can unlock the mystery and fix the razor Jeff!

clint64, brit, Norcalnewb and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.