May 2020 30 Day Rule/Focus Pix & Discussion

Discussion in 'Shower or Shave of the Day' started by NCoxSTL, Apr 30, 2020.

?

What will you be "mixing up" in May?

1. Razors I rarely/never use

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Blades I rarely/never use

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  3. Soaps I rarely/never use

6 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Brushes I rarely/never use

2 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. A combination of everything just thrown together like a salad!

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  6. Who said you could suggest a salad?! We eat cookies here!!!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
  7. Gonna PIF some stuff and try to win some PIF'd stuff to replace it!

3 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. I miss Chris's intros with only two questions. This is just ridiculous!! Sheesh!

5 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Well, I have indeed been focusing on the lather persuasion, too. Now it's time for the Razorock Lime(I'll make that official in SOTD), and I would really like to get some action going on in there(the tub). I get great shaves with it, but it continues to look like a 3.oz pancake. Maybe my improved lather work can do something.

2. jgreenepa

jgreenepa Nasal Barbarian

I actually enjoy it, but then again, I’m at a different stage in life, and have a lot of spare time on my hands. Plus I enjoy bringing out a gleaming finish with my Dremel.

3. Paul Turner

Paul Turner outside the quote(s) now

Great work, Joe, and great choice FOR the work.

4. jgreenepa

Thanks, Clint, but it was actually @jmudrick who located the source.

timabababaluka, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  5. jgreenepa

I do as well, Joe! I have both a MMOC and a MMCP. They both shave like a dream.

timabababaluka, clint64, jluc and 3 others like this.
  6. Trigger

Trigger Double Jedi Knight

Thank you Paul!

jgreenepa, clint64, jluc and 2 others like this.
  7. jtspartan

jtspartan appropriately stimulated, via Netflix

The food! The golf course! I'm on my way.

8. JACarbone

JACarbone The Oud Dude

My other is MM Bullet Tip

9. jtspartan

Ridiculous amounts of pressure and a low standard for results. Just like the rest of us in the cart decades...

10. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Wonderful shave and photo Joe.

11. jtspartan

Such an interesting handle on that Carbon, Jim. Very unique. Love the 'warning' on that Terror as well. I like the Snake Bite labels as well, though, in the same vein.

12. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

Honestly Jeff, between the Army and Military College I have polished more than enough brass for 1 lifetime. I like the look but not the effort that goes into keeping it all shined up. My wife wants me to leave the brass Blackbird polished. I can manage it long enough for her to forget about the request.

13. jtspartan

I've never heard of that razor, Joe. Is it a new custom? Very cool looking custom brush handle as well.

14. jtspartan

The Gamechanger is a quality shaver, no question. I'm with you on quality boars, Joseph. Very slowly over the last few years, boars have outnumbered my badgers. Can't remember the last badger knot I actually bought, to be honest.

15. jtspartan

Looks fantastic, Gary. Love the LC as always, and the software sounds great as well. Have a fine afternoon, sir.

16. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 25, 2020
    Colonial Brass General
    Feather Pro
    Thater Boar
    A&E L’Orange Verte
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

Before beginning, I would like to thank those that have lost loved ones for their sacrifice. It is due to the men and women that are ready to pay the last full measure that we enjoy the freedoms we have today.

Whew. It has been a busy morning at the old homestead. I got up and cooked a full breakfast for everyone, walked the dog and have 3 racks of ribs on the Big Green Egg. I was ready for a shower and a shave. The Thater boar did a wonderful job loading and lathering the L'Orange Verte. A few drops of B&M Terrorade provided a nice chill. Three passes and touch ups caught the baby with ease. A splash of L'Orange Verte aftershave and I am the best smelling grill master on the homestead. :D I hope has a great Monday and for those in the US have a wonderful Memorial Day.

17. jtspartan

It didn't affect your alliteration, though...:)

18. jtspartan

A great shave, a great day and a great message, Clint.

19. jgreenepa

55E3FB23-935C-40E2-BA70-0D69A806A20F.jpeg 18E1CDAD-CFF6-4781-8ED1-8F2F2ADE64F8.jpeg
    SOTD MONDAY, MAY 25, 2020

As my Gem journey continues, I am consistently reminded by the superb shaves delivered why I enjoy and have collected these razors. The MMOC shave yesterday was superb. Many have described the latter razor as aggressive, but I believe many of the problems people experience with it arise from a failure to rinse frequently enough. There are no lather drains other than the spaces between the teeth on the MMOC. Clogging can be a real problem with to uneven blade exposure leading to a tendency to apply pressure. The result can be nicking. Frequent rinsing avoids the issue.

ASR was clearly aware of the issue as evidenced by the redesign they named the Clog Pruf! Instead of an OC, the revised model, the MMCP, featured a safety bar and good-sized lather drains. See photo. I can’t tell much difference in the shave, but did have another excellent one with my MMCP this morning. The only change between yesterday’s shave and today’s was the brush selected.

For today’s shave I chose my Jayaruh Custom Boar #372. Jim’s brushes have never let me down, and today’s lather production maintained the trend. Nancy Boy Signature shave cream is a pleasure to shave with. As a shaver who enjoys a great deal of variety, I find myself reaching for this spectacular cream every morning. As a confirmed menth head, I do own many menthol soaps from Cryogen to Snake Bite to Obsidian Glacial. None of the latter delivers the great post shave feel as Nancy Boy enhanced with 6 drops of M-Bomb which seems to build with each consecutive shave.

The MMCP was a pleasure to shave with. I’m hand it has the same heft as its predecessor and shaves every bit as well. I loaded a fresh Pella blade and had at it. I find the quality of shave indistinguishable from the MMOC. Two passes (WTG, ATG) reopened the baby’s room and delivered a perfect VBBS! My mug and noggin are velveteen smooth! I feel clean, cool, smooth and ready for Our Memorial Day Zoom with old friends.

RAZOR: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf (MMCP)
    BLADE: Pella SS PTFE Gem
    PREP: Cold water rinse
    BRUSH: Jayaruh Custom Boar #372
    CREAM: Nancy Boy Signature
    POSTSHAVE: Cold water wash with Glyce Glycerin soap followed by Thayers Lavender WH and Krampert’s Frostbite AS Splash. Finished with A&E Post-Shave Serum.

20. brit

brit in a box

thank you Jason,good afternoon..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.