Injector & SE Party !!!

Discussion in 'Safety Razors' started by Bird Lives, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 24, 2020
    Colonial Brass General
    Feather Pro
    Thater Boar
    Stuga Lemon Myrtle Shave Soap
    Fine Italian Citrus Aftershave

[​IMG]

MPF9, Ron R, Jayaruh and 9 others like this.
  2. Karl G

Karl G Well-Known Member

I’m never sure where to post shaves with a wedge razor. It’s very short straight blade that has to be honed and stropped but held in a device like a single edge. Guess I’ll just post in both places. The is the razor I use to clear away beards and thick stubble. The edge is one of @Billyfergie ’s best. It’s a fantastic razor - the Nordic Queen rules :happy036:

Hot water preparation
    AOS Lavender PSO
    Shavemac 2-Band Silvertip Badger
    Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
    C.V. Heljestrand wedge razor and blade
    AOS Lavender After Shave Balm

IMG_1801.jpg

Happy shaving - Karl

3. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Mon 25th May. - UK Bank Holiday.

RazoRock 400. SE-Plissoft noir
    P & B Citra Royale
    Ever Ready - " Jewel Combination Set", aka "Streamline"
    Gem S/S [ 1 ]
    Pitralon Classic A/S Lotion

Bank Holiday Shave
    Making a return to my Vintage SE rotation after using AC/SE for some time the only choice for me was this Ever Ready. It is probably my favourite Vintage SE as I learnt how to SE Shave on one , as a Clamshell Set was my second SE and I did not get on with a Featherweight which was my first acquisition.
    I really enjoyed the challenge of todays Shave, as I think Vintage require a good deal more concentration than their modern counterparts. This model of ER is one of the few Vintage SE`s that can deliver the same quality of finish as a modern AC/SE, and I am pleased with Todays Shave.

IMG_0759.jpg

IMG_0760.jpg

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  4. LaneP

LaneP Well-Known Member

Memorial Day 2020 setup - Schick G injector, Personna blade, Taconic Tequila Lime and my vintage Ever-Ready badger. I haven't had my Schick injector out for several years, getting lost in other razor pursuits. Today reminded me how amazing these razors are. This is probably one of the most perfect combinations for my beard density for daily shaving. Smooth, CLOSE, comfortable. What more to ask.

[​IMG]

Bird Lives, 120inna55, Karl G and 9 others like this.
  5. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Menthol Monday's
    Memorial Day Shave

[​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap
    Ever-Ready C-40
    Ever-Ready 1914
    GEM Blue Star SE
    CWR
    Osage Rub

To honor those who gave their lives for our country, I am shaving with my Ever-Ready Army Kit from 1917-18.

The Fine Snake Bite Shaving Soap face-lathered well with my Ever-Ready C-40 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready 1914 Razor with a GEM Blue Star SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Osage Rub. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

Bird Lives, 120inna55, Karl G and 9 others like this.
  6. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Monday's Shave

AutoStrop B1
    Despined GEM Stainless PTFE
    Mozingo Brushworks
    Proraso Green Soap and A/S

SOTD 05.25.2020.jpg

Bird Lives, LaneP, 120inna55 and 9 others like this.
  7. clint64

clint64 Blind Squirrel

May 25, 2020
    Colonial Brass General
    Feather Pro
    Thater Boar
    A&E L’Orange Verte
    Shave Soap & Aftershave

[​IMG]

Billyfergie, LaneP, 120inna55 and 8 others like this.
  8. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

MMMonday + GEMonday, some of the fellows are using ASR circa razors during Memorial day shaving tribute to the Huge sacrifices on US citizens and world wide citizens. 1st and 2nd pass I used the my 1912-15 Damaskeene (used in WW1)open comb followed by 3rd pass with my Micromatic 1945 (Peerless model) Clog Pruf. The regular Micromatic Clog Pruf (mfg 1949-43) & Damaskeene closed comb(mfg 1915-19) were razors that were used also by US soldiers on the battle fields & oceans & air force soldiers during WW1 & WW2.
    In Canada we take time to think about the fallen & wounded on Remembrance Day.(11th hr-11th day-11th month .)

1918-Damaskene-military-outfit.jpg

Razor: Gem Damaskeene open comb - Mfg 1912-15 getting very hard to find in the wild but they do come up.
    Razor: Gem Micromatic Clog Pruf Peerless model -Mfg 1945 mid range razor that is well liked.
    Blade: Gem Personna SS PTFE (7) great blade, very sharp,good longevity and does smooth out after a couple shaves.
    Soap: Proraso red sandal wood.
    Brush: Yaqi tuxedo knot 24mm synthetic- great brush for lathering, splaying and scrubbing with some back bone.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep: cold water rinse after each pass of 3.
    Post shave : Proraso red sandal wood aftershave lotion with witch hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + 1 blemish weeper = [​IMG]great shave with my Gem razors.

MMMonday May 25th 2020 (2).jpg

Have some great shaves!

Bird Lives, Jim99, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  9. jmudrick

jmudrick Type A Man

1914 . Handle is H&S.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Bird Lives, Jim99, clint64 and 10 others like this.
  10. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

Wow. That is an amazing looking set.

clint64 likes this.
  11. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Tuesday‌ ‌05.026.20 ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0078 - Edited.jpg

Gillette Valet Auto Strop VC4 Canada
    Feather Fhs-10 Hi-Stainless
    Semogue Owners Club Cherry Wood Boar
    Barrister andOld Spice Cologne Original
    Mann Cheshire Shaving Soap

DSCF0079 - Edited.jpg

Jim99, Bird Lives, clint64 and 9 others like this.
  12. 120inna55

120inna55 Well-Known Member

Happy Towel Day!
    Barrister and Mann | 42
    BSB-Ti | HMW Extra Dense
    Ever-Ready SE | Delta Echo | Gem PTFE

[​IMG]

Bird Lives, clint64, Ron R and 8 others like this.
  13. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

Liberty razor, Gem stainless ptfe blade, shave 1
    liberty1.jpg liberty.jpg

Razor manufactured between approximatelty 1921 - 1924. This razor was either sold by or made by for a third party by the Clark blade and razor co. It is the same basic design which they had a patent on which was still in effect in 1921 as the original Clark King razor mk1 that was sold between 1910 - 1912 .

That is were the similarities end. This razor is much more efficient and aggressive than the Clark King mk1. Shave is one of closest BBS finishes I've had in awhile. Though not quite in the same territory for aggressiveness as the CV Heljestrand and Clauss razors it is right there for closeness of shave. I'd consider the shave like shaving with a Micromatic open comb but turned up a few notches. As long as you keep the pressure light and angle fairly shallow the razor is very managable.

Jim99, Bird Lives, clint64 and 7 others like this.
  14. BBS

BBS Well-Known Member

This razor was made and sold by International Safety Razor Company. What they have in common is the person Joseph Molkenthin Jr. who has the patent for the Clark razors either he or a family member started this company under a different name originally sometime between 1910 - 1920 time frame. The company was originally called Molkenthin Manufacturing. In 1919 the company officially became the International Safety Razor Co.

15. GAW9576

GAW9576 Well-Known Member

I joined the Parade of Gem Junior Parades. I love the Baton handles and have 3 variations in my collection. This shave was excellent and darn near BBS. As always I love the Mer Shaving Fougere orange. This synthetic brush performs exceptionally well and is a joy to own and use.

Today's shave was with a fist use Gem SS PTFE blade. I ran the edge through a packing peanut before using to take out some of the potential harshness these blades tend to have. It seems to have payed off.

I recently received the RazoRock Hawk v2 from a friend and wanted to use it a little on this shave to test it out. Not a bad razor. I'll have to use it a bit more soon as I have been considering the Stainless V3 OC.

A splash of Thayers aloe cucumber was a great finish to a fantastic shave.

[​IMG]

Droo78, Bird Lives, clint64 and 8 others like this.
  16. MPF9

MPF9 Well-Known Member

Tue 26th May

Vulfix 404-mixed
    Vitos Super Red
    ER 1924 /Claymore handle
    Gem S/S [ 2]
    GB Grey Flannel

I realise that I probably use the inexpensive Vitos more than any other soap. Always use it with a new Razor, but also if I want a guaranteed lather that works. In fact the Shave with the 1924 was so smooth that I had to check to see if there was a blade loaded. The Shave was completed without any problems and with a super close all round finish. I think that the performance of a 1924 is enhanced by use of this longer S/S handle.

IMG_0761.jpg

GAW9576, BigD, Bird Lives and 7 others like this.
  17. Jayaruh

Jayaruh The Cackalacky House Pet

Supporting Vendor
    [​IMG]
    Tabac Tuesday's Shave
    [​IMG]

Cold Water Rinse
    Tabac Shave Soap
    Ever-Ready C-40
    Ever-Ready 1914
    GEM Blue Star SE
    CWR
    Tabac ASB

The Tabac Shave Soap face-lathered well with my Ever-Ready C-40 Brush. Two passes and touch ups with the Ever-Ready 1914 Razor with a GEM Blue Star SE blade gave me a close, comfortable shave. After a cold water rinse I finished off with Pinaud Lilac Vegetal AS. I am clean, smooth, and refreshed...

MPF9, GAW9576, BigD and 7 others like this.
  18. Ron R

Ron R Well-Known Member

SOTD, Tue, May 26th,2020

Razor : Oneblade Core Version 2 - Mfg 2018>Great mild razor that will performs well for myself,#1daily driver of lately
    Blade : Gem Personna SS PTFE modified (10)
    Soap: Barrister & Mann Seville- very enjoyable soap scent + great lather qualities.
    Brush: Yaqi rainbow brown whiskers(Mew) excellent brush IMO.
    Pre-shave: Brush wash my whole face with CeraVe hand bar cleanser + a dollop of clear Aloe Vera gel on beard area.
    Prep : Cold water rinse after each pass of 3 + pick ups.
    Post shave: Razorock American barber aftershave with witch Hazel + a dollop of Nivea balm.
    Results: CCS,DFS,BBS + no irritation + no weepers = [​IMG] excellent shave with my Oneblade Core V2

SOTD, Tue May26th 2020 (2).jpg
    Have some great shaves!

GAW9576, MPF9, BigD and 6 others like this.
  19. Droo78

Droo78 Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Shave

Ever-Ready 1914
    GEM Stainless PTFE
    Wild West Brushworks
    Black Ship Grooming - Pirate's Bay
    Pinaud Clubman Virgin Island Bay Rum

[​IMG]

GAW9576, MPF9, BigD and 6 others like this.
  20. James Kleinkauf

James Kleinkauf Well-Known Member

Wednesday‌ ‌05.027.20 ‌SOTD‌

DSCF0045 - Edited.jpg

Valet Auto/Strop Silver VB2 Canada
    Feather Fhs-10 Hi-Stainless
    Frank Shaving 24mm x 50mm Silvertip Badger
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Shaving Cream
    Taylor of Old Bond Street Sandalwood Aftershave

DSCF0048 - Edited.jpg

GAW9576, MPF9, BigD and 7 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.